PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Chad Jackson a problem child pre-draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This comes straight out of a PFT report about the Moss to Pats trade gathering steam, and caught my eye:

"Besides, we think the Pats realize that the receiver position attracts and/or creates prima donnas. Hell, they drafted Chad Jackson, whom one team took back to the airport early after a horrendous visit in which his cell phone went off twice during a meeting with the head coach. At one point during the visit with said team, Jackson muttered, "I don't want to play here anyway."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

These guys are right/wrong in more or less equal measure as far as I can work out.

I found him saying "i don't want to play here anyways" pretty hilarious.

Yeh, we need to cut him immediately and sign another TE.

TomBradyWoot said:
I found him saying "i don't want to play here anyways" pretty hilarious.
Exactly who does want to play for the Raiders?

NEM said:
Of course, they didnt identify which team. It probably was the Cardinals and if so, I would leave my cel phone on too, in case a real team called.
I don't know, the way thinsg are looking there are worse ways for receivers to spend their careers than with Matt Leinart throwing the ball their way. A horrible loss last night, but it looks like they are finally moving in the right direction.

Then of course there is the advantage that once retired, you don't have to move to find a hot climate to live in.;)

Sour grapes are the fruit of choice in failing NFL FO's.

Besides, it was likely BB calling to pop quiz him on the playbook.

I'm a horrible person. A prima donna. My cell phone went off during an interview once.

I got the job, by the way.

If Chad Jackson's having a preference of which team drafts him makes him a primadonna, what's that make Eli Manning?

BradyManny2344 said:
If Chad Jackson's having a preference of which team drafts him makes him a primadonna, what's that make Eli Manning?
A gigantic douchebag that is only dwarfed by Papa and Big Brother Gump.

Alk said:
A gigantic douchebag that is only dwarfed by Papa and Big Brother Gump.

douchebag hasn't had the same meaning ever since president douchebag...

[URL="http://pdouchebag.ytmnd.com/[/URL]

Last edited:
Based on how SD and the Giants look, Manning also made the wrong choice.

Although being in NY would be useful if he sells himself the way Peyton does.

onegameatatime said:

Although being in NY would be useful if he sells himself the way Peyton does.

Peyton's a great white skark in a relatively small pool in Indianapolis (and whatever else he might, a future Hall Of Famer). Eli's just one biggish fish in the massive sporting ocean in NY and he's unlikely to be box office there in anything like the same way big bro is.

onegameatatime said:
I think Daddy just want Ellie and Peytey in different conferences so they could play in the Super Bowl someday - theoretically of course.

not sure if they are serious..im sure they would know in a meeting his cell phone went off twice..and that he muttered something. PFT is just a bunch of clowns that make their source "fun" "funny" "add a spark to it"

This is wrong. That player who had his cell phone go off twice in a meeting, and was asked to leave before the meeting was even over, was Jimmy Williams, CB from Va. Tech, now on the Falcons. This meeting was with the Redskins.

drew4008 said:
This is wrong. That player who had his cell phone go off twice in a meeting, and was asked to leave before the meeting was even over, was Jimmy Williams, CB from Va. Tech, now on the Falcons. This meeting was with the Redskins.
He was reported to be a jerk in many interviews if I recall.

ironwasp said:
These guys are right/wrong in more or less equal measure as far as I can work out.
Wrong in this instance. There were no questionable character or attitude concerns about CJ pre-draft. Actually, the ONLY negative was that he was a bit raw in his route running (per his HC Meyer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down