PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Asante's contract with the Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots lost Asante Samuel for NOT THAT MUCH MONEY. Looking forward to seeing what they do, but this is a bit of a headscratcher for me.

Good riddance to this arrogant douchebag. God spare me from any schmuck who is out to get "respect" for themselves. Get your head of the ghetto, ***ante. Here's a direct quote from ***** after signing his giant payday: "I just worked my way up and kept working hard and I'm finally getting the respect that I deserve." Yeah, that sounds like someone who is eating from the humble pie trough. For 10 mill a year, you can't be dropping game winning interceptions in the super bowl, superstar. peace out, loosah.

The Patriots lost Asante Samuel for NOT THAT MUCH MONEY. Looking forward to seeing what they do, but this is a bit of a headscratcher for me.

How is 9.5 mil per "NOT THAT MUCH MONEY"? That's a ridiculous amount of money to pay a cornerback, especially Asante Samuel. That's a terrible contract.

Well now that Asante is signed to the Eagles, they definitely can't afford to resign Lito Sheppard. How about we offer the Eagles a 3rd or 4th round pick for him and start negotiating an extension?

See the posts above. That is a lot of money. The Pats believed Asante was a $5-6M corner. The Eagles believe he is a $10-11M corner. My money's on Belichick's assessment, and what my own eyes saw.

Brady averaged just over $12M over the first 3 years of his 2005 deal. Asante will average just under $11M over the first 3 years of his deal. Roster value wise they aren't in the same area code. 10% of cap is HOF franchise QB territory, not ballhawking zone corner territory.

See the posts above. That is a lot of money. The Pats believed Asante was a $5-6M corner. The Eagles believe he is a $10-11M corner. My money's on Belichick's assessment, and what my own eyes saw.

Brady averaged just over $12M over the first 3 years of his 2005 deal. Asante will average just under $11M over the first 3 years of his deal. Roster value wise they aren't in the same area code. 10% of cap is HOF franchise QB territory, not ballhawking zone corner territory.

Why did the Pats franchise Asante last year if he was a $5-6M CB?

Oh and for everyone saying it was only about the money, he apparently turned down a bigger offer from the Jets so he could play in Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back