PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Asante to the Eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

PFT:

ASANTE TO PHILLY?

Two years ago, there were reports that center LeCharles Bentley would sign with the Eagles on the first day of free agency.

He didn't.

The rumor was that Bentley had reneged on a verbal deal that had been brokered in advance of the start of free agency, and signed instead with the Browns.

This time around, there are Internet reports from the generally plugged-in gcobb.com that Pats cornerback Asante Samuel has a deal in place to sign with Philly.If true, Samuel can renege without consequence, just like Bentley did. And the Eagles would have no recourse, just as in the Bentley situation.

An unwritten player contract negotiated at a time when there should be negotiations at all is, obviously, not enforceable.

Other teams thought to be interested in Samuel are the Saints, Jets, and possible the Bucs. Samuel is believed to want a contract worth at least $10 million per year.

This might open the Lito Sheppard door

Re: PFT: Asante to the Eagles ?

PFT:

"ASANTE TO PHILLY?

Two years ago, there were reports that center LeCharles Bentley would sign with the Eagles on the first day of free agency.

He didn't.

The rumor was that Bentley had reneged on a verbal deal that had been brokered in advance of the start of free agency, and signed instead with the Browns.

This time around, there are Internet reports from the generally plugged-in gcobb.com that Pats cornerback Asante Samuel has a deal in place to sign with Philly.If true, Samuel can renege without consequence, just like Bentley did. And the Eagles would have no recourse, just as in the Bentley situation.

An unwritten player contract negotiated at a time when there should be negotiations at all is, obviously, not enforceable.

Other teams thought to be interested in Samuel are the Saints, Jets, and possible the Bucs. Samuel is believed to want a contract worth at least $10 million per year."

This might open the Lito Sheppard door

hopefully... gettin Lito would be sweet!

Last edited:

it would be kinda funny if we trade cb's....

and then we see asante play average and lito do as he always does, LOL

sweet.

so philly will pay more money to the same guy.

No wonder that Spector wrinkles-mcgee guy is pissed all the time.

i just heard from my buddy in philly that it's done. the asante deal

he also said that philly wil trade Lito and a high pick to ARI for FITZ???

WOW

Last edited:

I don't care where Samuel goes as we all know he's gone but . . . it's ironic that Arlen Spector's hometown team is, evidently, breaking the rules.

Good now i can see him perform average out here.
No way the Eagles will pony up the dough for fitz.
They probally will sign hacket, or take a flier on lloyd.

i just heard from my buddy in philly that it's done. the asante deal

he also said that philly wil trade Lito and a high pick to ARI for FITZ???

WOW

I hope that isnt true bout Lito, I really hope Pats somehow sign em up...

Too many BS rumors out there. I won't believe anything until it happens. Samuel has signed with half the league at this point.

If the two rumors are true (Samuel to Philly, Lito on the move), what does that tell us? Philly would rather plunk down $10 million per season than deal with Lito......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back