PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: After Mort's 2 PSI report, the League agenda was to get Brady and the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his most recent article:

Many still wonder why the NFL would have wanted to find the Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady guilty. At one level, this was about re-establishing the Commissioner’s role as “The Enforcer,” proving to the world that he’ll never again go too easy on anyone suspected of wrongdoing. At another level, it created an opportunity for one or more league officials with a bias against the Patriots to initiate the launch sequence for full-blown investigation and punishment by, most significantly, leaking false PSI information to ESPN, which created the impression that someone must have messed with the air pressure and which placed the Patriots, who didn’t know the true readings until March, on their heels.

After ESPN reported that 11 of 12 New England footballs were two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum, the NFL never corrected the record. The real numbers ultimately appeared in May, as part of a lengthy report that never even acknowledged the false leak that ultimately allowed Ted Wells and company to milk millions from the league’s coffers in an investigation that, if the real numbers had been released at the outset, probably would have never happened.

This didn’t start as a grand conspiracy. It started based on halftime readings below 12.5 PSI and ignorance at to the application of science to football air pressure, and it grew into an occasion to re-establish the potency of the Commissioner.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ard-from-commissioner-on-recusal-request-yet/

The tide is slowly turning. These things take time but we're seeing it now...PFT, Rolling Stone, WaPo, these are national outlets that are asking the right questions, that are taking Goodell to task. Certainly Curran and Chatham have been on this since day one but more and more unbiased sources are turning this into a Goodell issue, and that'll continue.

Will ESPN or Peter King or others in bed with the NFL ever follow suit? Probably not. But we don't need them, as long as this gets to court the truth will come out. Goodell (and Wells, Kensil, possibly Grigson) will be in for a world of hurt once it does.

I'm tracking LinkedIn to see when Roger Goodell adds an account and his resume...my guess is he won't find anything as cushy as his current role as a $44 million/year court jester.

The tide is slowly turning. These things take time but we're seeing it now
It's too late. Kraft already gave up. Doesn't really matter now. Brady should win his appeal, however.

It's too late. Kraft already gave up. Doesn't really matter now. Brady should win his appeal, however.

Oh sure, too late for the team penalties...but to get the truth out, something we can tangibly point to when people say the Pats cheated? There's still time for that. And ultimately that's what I want, the Pats are losing those picks now barring something monumental happening with Brady's appeal but I want the appeal to show the biases of the Wells report and the corruption of the NFL both in their game-day actions and the leaks that fueled the fire.

And Goodell to be fired. He sucks.

It still matters. It matters for Brady's legacy.
Yes, for Brady it matters. I'm strictly talking about how Kraft gave up on the fight to be part of an elite club and support a terrible commissioner.

Oh sure, too late for the team penalties...but to get the truth out, something we can tangibly point to when people say the Pats cheated? There's still time for that. And ultimately that's what I want, the Pats are losing those picks now barring something monumental happening with Brady's appeal but I want the appeal to show the biases of the Wells report and the corruption of the NFL both in their game-day actions and the leaks that fueled the fire.

And Goodell to be fired. He sucks.
I would like those things, too. I'm just saying, we already knew this the day the report came out. I've been saying since the report came out that I hope they suspend Brady so he can appeal and tear them apart. I've been more pissed about the team penalties than anything else until Kraft gave up that fight.

Yes, for Brady it matters. I'm strictly talking about how Kraft gave up on the fight to be part of an elite club and support a terrible commissioner.

Pretty much.

Kraft cemented his legacy as a gutless coward and absolute shill for the league. Brady still has a chance to fight and salvage his legacy.

One has to wonder what can happen if the NFLPA can completely dominate this case and expose Goodell. In regards to the Patriots penalties that is.

I still think if this case goes well enough the Patriot reputation can be salvaged. The only thing cemented for certain is Krafts reputation of being a coward towards his own teams fans.

It's is mind boggling that Mort still has a job after that screw up. Or at the very least has not been called out more for his report.

One has to wonder what can happen if the NFLPA can completely dominate this case and expose Goodell. In regards to the Patriots penalties that is.

There'sa very good chance that this can happen to Goodell, in regards to getting Brady for a full season.

It's is mind boggling that Mort still has a job after that screw up. Or at the very least has not been called out more for his report.

If Brady & NFLPA go to court there will be many exposed to contributing to this and Mort is a major player in this.

For me I don't think it was ever primarily about the draft picks. That was outrageous in and of itself. But the Report is mainly about the witch hunt against Tom. The most important thing since the beginning has been getting Brady's name cleared. And the opportunity is still there.

Everything that happens in this case will be under some big spotlight. And the case against the NFL is very strong.

I don't want Roger somehow compromising and reversing the suspension. However I don't think it will happen. Doing so will damage him badly for going back on a bogus suspension that had garnered a lot of support. He's in hole and it gets deeper by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes