PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT acknowledges that frenzied Pats rumour mill may be driven by resentment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your honor, a rumor can't "exist", it doesn't have substance, a corporeal body. Either the plaintiff has a legitimate source or he doesn't.

Ok, I think you are too slow to get this. So I am done with this.

Feel free to consult a lawyer about my comments.

Umm... I did take several business law classes in graduate school, but why is that relevant? You are the only one who is talking about the law.

You are a graduate student of library science, but you don't know that the dictionary has several definitions of what is libel and the legal definition is just one of them.

Of course it's not relevant now. Still practicing law out of the dictionary? Makes you wonder why they spend so much time in law school.

You're saying you could obtain a libel conviction with monetary damages in the case of me saying Florio sometimes makes stuff up, right?

You said the Rumor Mill equals "just pulling stuff out of our ass with no legitimate confirmation that the rumor even exists" part." You never showed one shread of evidence of that. You showed one article where Florio never posted a single rumor and clearly represented it as speculation. The only rumors that Florio has put out about the Pats in the last week or two were the Moss and Seymour rumors. The Moss rumor was proven to exist by Tomase, but you claim that Florio posts rumors without legitimate confirmation that a rumor exists.

That would be pulling it out of his ass, slick.

Ok, I think you are too slow to get this. So I am done with this.

Feel free to consult a lawyer about my comments.

Yeah, I'm kind of slow.

I guess since this is in writing, I should consult a libel lawyer but I somehow doubt Mr. Florio will be pressing charges.:rolleyes:

That would be pulling it out of his ass, slick.

That is one article represented as speculation. You represented the entire Rumor Mill, slick!

Last edited:
That is one article represented as speculation. You represented the entire Rumor Mill, slick!

It was located in Rumor Mill, slick. As I noted to you earlier:

In other words, the "rumor mill" is an amalgam of rumor, legitimate reporting, editorials and complete assertions. It is not just being used as a rumor site, and you know that full well. Therefore, you're being misleading at the very least.

Last edited:
I've heard the rumors of resentment are just rumors.

Perhaps they resent the fact that their resentment is the source of rumour and resentment from others....

Perhaps they resent the fact that their resentment is the source of rumour and resentment from others....

Well now you're just starting rumors and I resent that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back