PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFF: Pass Rush - Pats DL Mike Wright (1st) Jets OLB Calvin Pace (near bottom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Looks like another bad FA pickup for the Jets as far as initial indications show that Pace although hampered by injury was near bottom of the list in Pass Rush while our very own Mike Wright who had also been injured during the season remained on top of the list.

Pass Rushing Productivity | ProFootballFocus.com

I wouldn't call it a bad pickup, wasn't he pretty decent two years ago? He was part of that #1 defense.

Sorry, ain't going to change my stance on PFF being crap just because a stat says that the Pats had the best pass rusher the Jets had the worst.

Sorry, ain't going to change my stance on PFF being crap just because a stat says that the Pats had the best pass rusher the Jets had the worst.
exactly....

At least this is going off pure stats, rather than their ratings and all that. I knew Wright was a good pass-rusher, and it seems PFF agrees. I hope he's ready to go for next season!

At least this is going off pure stats, rather than their ratings and all that. I knew Wright was a good pass-rusher, and it seems PFF agrees. I hope he's ready to go for next season!

Any word on how he is doing? He was sorely missed. I really think we could of won a superbowl had he been ok. Hoping for a swift recovery.

Any word on how he is doing? He was sorely missed. I really think we could of won a superbowl had he been ok. Hoping for a swift recovery.

So you are saying that Mike Wright was the missing link as to why the Jets beat us?

Wright is a good player but his presence would hardly had been the difference in that game :cool:

At least this is going off pure stats, rather than their ratings and all that.

I'm not so sure. I think 'hits" and 'pressures' are stats that they keep themselves.

Supposedly he'll be ready when/if offseason workouts start.

I'm not so sure. I think 'hits" and 'pressures' are stats that they keep themselves.
Yeah, but most people can recognize hits and hurries. Where that site becomes really screwy is when they start saying "that hit was worth +.2" and such. I don't mind their stats, but their ratings are atrocious.

So you are saying that Mike Wright was the missing link as to why the Jets beat us?

Wright is a good player but his presence would hardly had been the difference in that game :cool:

Not the complete reason. The lack of defensive line depth going into that game certainly hurt us. Although he is not a pro bowler and probably never will be I can make the argument that he is one of our best pass rushers on our team as sad as that may be. He puts enough pressure and clogs enough lanes to make Wilfork more effective. He believe he could of made a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes