OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is Peyton still number 2?

• Yep, while he's a bit of a clown of a guy, he's still second best

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • No, he is no longer second best (or he never was)

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Manning.

But if we didn't have Brady i would definitely want Big Ben as the #2.

after that it would be Manning or Brees, probably Peyton.

EDIT: this is assuming playoffs. if it is reg season, Manning is #2

Last edited:
as always, with Peyton, you have to ask if ur talking reg season alone, or are including post season

if ur including post season, Peyton was never anywhere near top 10, if ur only talking about reg season, there are qb's i would like to rate higher, such as rodgers and rivers, but its not easy to do so b/c those guys just cant get their teams to win as much, and thats really a QB's first job, win a game

peyton excels at that in the reg season, and therefore he still has a claim to the #2

but who cares about a ranking which doesn't include the postseason???

This year, Peyton was behind Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Cassel, and that's just in the AFC. Whether or not he'll bounce back next year is something we'll have to see. Isn't the question, really, whether this was just a glitch in his career or the start of his decline?

I gues I'll say it again: Belichick. I'm not taking anything away from Brady by saying he couldn't have done it with Caldwell as a coach, I don't think.

So you're saying that Manning is the better QB.

I think people are forgetting how much can change in a year. Last year, Manning blew Brady out of the water. Brady was very bad last year on the road, while Manning's team lost only one "real" game last year. This year, Brady has ****ed on Manning. We'll see what happens next year.

Peyton was working with scraps and a weaksauce coach. I think he did all he could have done. With that same situation, I don't know if Brady or Brees makes the Playoffs. Certainly not Ben. That D is a huge part of what they do.

You MIGHT be able to make a case for Rivers. Maybe.

This is the not first season it's ever happened to the guy. He crapped out much worse in 2001, and his team went 6-10. Let's not go blaming the coaches on this.

The colts won their division and would have been still playing if they didn't have an idiot for a coach. Manning didn't have a great year. The colts didn't have a great year. But they did overcome many injuries, especially at CB. The fact that Brady has done more with less does not mean that Manning is not #2.

And BTW, when Brady went 12-4, his defense was considerably better than the 2010 colts defense.

The bottom line is that brady is clearly #1 because of his playoff success; manning is clearly #2 because of his regular season success. I don't think that the rest of the QB's in the league are close.

You don't know if Brady makes the playoffs in that situation? In the AFC South? If I'm not mistaken, he won 12 games once with a FAR worse offense than the Colts currently have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back