PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton rumor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, Dungy said, “He’s doing fine, on course. He’s moving better and doing a lot of rehab work. I’m not sure exactly when he’ll start practicing, but he’s doing fine.”

This from the guy who listed Harrison as "questionable" for over 2 months. I don't think Goober misses any games, but I wouldn't use Dungy's words as an indication of injury severity.

This from the guy who listed Harrison as "questionable" for over 2 months. I don't think Goober misses any games, but I wouldn't use Dungy's words as an indication of injury severity.

It's unfortunate the Marvin situation has to be the reason so many don't trust the Colts organization now. They are usually pretty straightforward with injuries and the timeline to recovery. However the Colts did not really lie, they said every week that if it was a playoff game Marvin would play. And he did. I never expected Marvin till the end of the season either. I knew he was hurting badly.

I think the Colts mishandled that injury and Marvin should have gone right into surgery. Instead he practiced some and played early in the Jaguars MNF game and I believe hurt himself more.

I think they felt it would heal on it's own. But, his knee ended up rupturing and there was stuctural damage and kept getting worse.

And Peyton's infection was finally cleared over a week ago, which is the reason he was allowed to leave home and go to camp and travel.

Last edited:
Let's look on the positive side.... now Peyton has more time to do more TV ads for us to change the channel during them being played over and over and over again.

It's unfortunate the Marvin situation has to be the reason so many don't trust the Colts organization now. They are usually pretty straightforward with injuries and the timeline to recovery. However the Colts did not really lie, they said every week that if it was a playoff game Marvin would play. And he did. I never expected Marvin till the end of the season either. I knew he was hurting badly.

I think the Colts mishandled that injury and Marvin should have gone right into surgery. Instead he practiced some and played early in the Jaguars MNF game and I believe hurt himself more.

I think they felt it would heal on it's own. But, his knee ended up rupturing and there was stuctural damage and kept getting worse.

And Peyton's infection was finally cleared over a week ago, which is the reason he was allowed to leave home and go to camp and travel.

I'm sorry, but Polian out and out lied about Harrison's injury. There is no other way to spin it. He said it was a knee bruise and it wasn't. If you mean that they didn't really lie in that they were lying through their teeth, then you would be correct.

I'm sorry, but Polian out and out lied about Harrison's injury. There is no other way to spin it. He said it was a knee bruise and it wasn't. If you mean that they didn't really lie in that they were lying through their teeth, then you would be correct.

I said they mishandled it badly. But, they did say he would play if it were the playoffs which he did. But, he was in obvious pain and not in game shape.

The whole Marvin situation was just plain weird. I don't think there is a Colts fan alive who knows the real truth. And then according to what we hear Marvin hurt his other knee eventually as well. So, this offseason he was rehabbing two knees after surgery.

And it's been a huge and pleasant suprise that he has not missed a day of TC and looked like his old self in the preseason game Saturday.

A very strange situation with Marvin all around. I have never seen anything like it to be honest. He was not even seen by hardly anyone last year while hurt, not even Manning saw him much I remember hearing.

Last edited:
How's Brady's shoulder doing?

I said they mishandled it badly. But, they did say he would play if it were the playoffs which he did. But, he was in obvious pain and not in game shape.

And so they listed him as questionable (50-50) for over half a football season. Not only that, they never once downgraded him before a game. Only two possible explanations:

1) They intentionally provided false information...the clear intent being to affect the opponents ability to gameplan effectively. Some Colts fans once mentioned to me that there was a word for when a coach intentionally breaks a rule to gain an advantage...I think it was "cheating" or something like that.

2) The Colts have the single worst medical staff of all time (Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine and Dr. Howard one would presume).

Saying Dungy woke up every Sunday for over 2 months and legitimately believed that Harrison had a chance of playing is just silly. By the way, bearing false witness is a sin. One of the big ones too.

I don't get what the big deal is. What if they had just taken him off the njury list completely but had him sit out every time.Why is it something to boohoo about.They didn't have to list him as anything.

I don't get what the big deal is. What if they had just taken him off the njury list completely but had him sit out every time.Why is it something to boohoo about.They didn't have to list him as anything.

True, not like there is a rule or anything about listing players who are injured and their chances of playing.

Do you guys even read your posts before submitting?

Welcome aboard. :rolleyes: In case your post really was serious...

Of course they have to list him as something. That's what the injury list is all about. It's designed to protect the league's integrity by keeping gamblers from exploiting inside info, bribing players, etc. It's a firm requirement, it's been refined and tightened in recent years, and the Colts made a mockery of it with Harrison. That's the big deal.

Marvin was often last year a game time decision. So, basically that means he was questionable until often right before the game.

Teams knew before the game started if Marvin would play or not.

The same thing happened with Sanders in 2006. He was often a game time decision and did play a few times and made it back for the postseason. However, like Marvin he was also hurting but was able to make it till the SB was over to wait and have surgery.

I think the Colts were hoping it was a Sanders like situation all over again. But, unlike Sanders, Marvin is much older and a receiver in pain with a bad knee (or two) is almost useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back