PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton mutes kornheiser when he watches MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will play tonight on Monday Night Football.

If he weren't playing, he'd be watching. But he would turn the sound off, because he's not a fan of ESPN's Tony Kornheiser.

Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star reports that Manning, who's usually one of the NFL's most media-friendly players, has taken a few swipes at Kornheiser over the last week, apparently motivated by shots Kornheiser took at Manning and his brother, Eli, last week during a Pardon the Interruption segment known as "Heads on Sticks."

"I enjoyed watching [Eli] play on Monday night because I got a chance to see him play live on TV, and being able to watch the game in mute,'' Peyton said. "Because it's an easier way to watch the game than hear some of those broadcasters.''

Manning also said last week that Monday Night Football "isn't what it used to be.'' Is that because of Kornheiser?

"Yeah, it's probably me,'' Kornheiser told Kravitz. "I'm sure it was the heads-on-sticks segment I did before the game. You think that upset him? Really? I thought it was very funny. I think most people thought it was hysterical. That wasn't me saying those funny, mean things about Peyton. That was Eli. That's the whole idea behind heads-on-sticks. I was just saying what Eli wanted to say. Like, 'What a raving egomaniac; he sent me a DVD of his 'Saturday Night Live' appearance.' It was the perfect marriage of PTI and Monday Night Football."

Kornheiser's right: It was funny. At least, if your last name isn't Manning.

i have side on peyton on this one.

Add Kornheiser to the all star know nothing team along with Felger and D & C.

I don't often agree with Peyton, but on this one, I sure do...

Doesn't EVERYBODY mute it?

Well, at least Peyton's not a Sybarite!

If Peyton mutes it because they cover the games horrendously, I agree. If he mutes it because Tony hurt his feelings with a segment on PTI he's a little thin-skinned.

Maybe you guys should send these thoughts to ESPN. Like you do with all your other beefs. I can't imagine how Kornhole thinks it's funny. The only reason I suggest the Chowds do it is because Kornhole is such a Brady ball massager that perhaps coming from the NE fan base, he'll get the picture, or maybe the network will. UGH!

Maybe you guys should send these thoughts to ESPN. Like you do with all your other beefs. I can't imagine how Kornhole thinks it's funny. The only reason I suggest the Chowds do it is because Kornhole is such a Brady ball massager that perhaps coming from the NE fan base, he'll get the picture, or maybe the network will. UGH!

Brady ball massager? All last night he was stroking Manning's ego, attempting to raise the point that the Colts and Manning have been disrespected because of all the attention the Pats have received recently. 'Twould not surprise me if Korny was doing that to appease Manning's gripes with the way he "disrespected" him.

I like how Kornheiser says it must be because of some joke thing he did on pardon the interruption.

The Monday Night Football broadcasts are the absolute WORST I've ever seen. Even worse than when they had Dennis Miller.

Somewhere in between all the stupid irrelevent banter there's a football game slipped in.

By the end of the year it's going to simply show the stupid announcers the whole game and they'll have a little section on the left corner of the t.v. screen showing the game.

I imagine next week they'll have Giulliani up there talking about his plan to balance the budget.

The current crew makes me long for the days of Joe Theisman, Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire... and that's saying A LOT!

I wish there was an alternate audio that would allow me to mute the announcers but hear the crowd noise and line calls.

That would be pretty sweet!

I'm with Manning on this one, the real heads-on-a stick are in the announcing booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots