PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning unhappy with the schedule makers

But ESPN told me that Manning never fell from grace! Those 11 playoff losses were on the OL/WR corps/D/coaching/stadium/weather/mascot... Right?

you forgot idiot kicker

The broncos have a cupcake schedule, outside of playing the pats and chiefs they are blessed with a historically weak schedule.. I could see peyton choking this away.

The broncos have a cupcake schedule, outside of playing the pats and chiefs they are blessed with a historically weak schedule.. I could see peyton choking this away.

I really don't understand why everyone keeps saying this. The Pats have had some real cakewalks the last few years, too, and frankly, it's rare to actually have a tough schedule these days. Certainly in the AFC.

The Broncos play a first place schedule, which pits them against the Pats, Texans, and Ravens, certainly 3 of the conference's best teams. Within their division they play the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders. I'd say that's about an average divisional schedule, with the Chiefs being potential playoff contenders, the Chargers being a middling team likely winning 7 games, and the Raiders being a joke. Is that really the easiest division in the NFL? I think not. Against the NFC, they play the East. They are fortunate in the sense they seem to be getting all of these teams early on while they are struggling, but they also play/ed the tougher teams on the road (NYG, Dallas).

I hardly see this as a historically weak schedule. Last season everyone again complained about the Broncos having an easy schedule (1st place, NFC South, AFC North), yet the Pats have nearly the same schedule this year. albeit their division is slightly better than last year's AFC West. I say slightly because the QBs we face six times a year are Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill, and EJ Manuel. If you are an outsider looking in, you'd think the Pats are the ones with the cakewalk.

So now we can include the schedule makers in the long list of groups and people that Manning has thrown under the bus...
Well they haven't lost yet, but Payatons warming the bus up in case they do.

LOL this little $h!t got a 1st-round-bye last year in the playoffs and STILL lost to the Ravens

The Bronco's are 3-0, scoring at will and every so called "expert" thinks they should already be crowned SB champs, go 16-0 and will break every offensive record in the books. And yet, this guy needs to fing something to complain about.

Kelly to Peyton: 'We'll go play in a parking lot' | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

I wonder if Manning felt the same way when the Broncos had 12 days of rest between week 1 and 2?

Well Peyton does have a point here guys, albeit it looks like he is complaining . . . sometimes it takes a top player to make a statement to have the NFL take notice . . . it one of fair competition among the league and with only 16 games the NFL needs to be mindful of this point . . .

now that we have more TNF moving forward the NFL should avoid this situation . . . it is really no different than the concept of teams who have to travel for a MNF get a home game the following week as the team loses a day half with travel and the game a day later . . .

Similarly if opponent is going to get 12 days rest, which you can't avoid as every week two teams will be playing an opponent with 12 days rest as there is more TNF, the NFL can make sure that these two teams do not play on SNF or MNF . . . so it will be 7 v 12 as opposed to 6 v 12 . . . there is nothing you can do about the 12 but you can fix the 6 . . . it may of been an accident by the NFL . . .

interesting enough, and I do think the NFL stuck it to us in 2008, after our 16-0 season when the NFL gave us a opponent three straight times who had played TNF the week before . . . and there were less TNF back then . . . to his credit Brady did not complain about it nor did BB or the team . . .

Manning chose to make a point that probably needs to be made . . . however with this said I noticed manning was silent on the matter which with the baseball/NFL situation that put Baltimore on the road to Denver for the traditional earned home game for the SB winners . . . true there was a parking problem, but the NFL could have easily moved the game to Wednesday like it did the year prior due to the democratic convention being on Thursday . . . so there was a precedent which the NFL choose not to use thereby giving the Broncos an edge of catching the Ravens in week 1 as opposed to midseason form and Manning did not comment on this issue, which was to his favor . . . Ravens should of gotten a home game and against one of its home game opponents . . .

Peyton is just such a ***** cat.

This early season power show is impressive but does anyone doubt that he'll choke at the end, yet again?

Peyton is just such a ***** cat.

This early season power show is impressive but does anyone doubt that he'll choke at the end, yet again?

I don't. And it will be riveting television.

those same schedulers that gave the broncos home field advantage vs the defending superbowl champs for the first game of the season?

yeah f those guys, manning:bricks:

SMY shows us why the mediots always praise Manning and question Brady.

shalise manza young ✔ @shalisemyoung
Brady on red-zone woes: just poor execution. I've been one of the main culprits.

The problem is Brady's constant dissing of his own performance vs Manning's excellence at under bus throwing.

those same schedulers that gave the broncos home field advantage vs the defending superbowl champs for the first game of the season?

yeah f those guys, manning:bricks:

Can't blame the schedule makers for that. That was a conflict issue between the Ravens and Orioles.

Can't blame the schedule makers for that. That was a conflict issue between the Ravens and Orioles.

than why not schedule it for a different week/day instead of putting the ravens in a hostile enviroment.

than why not schedule it for a different week/day instead of putting the ravens in a hostile enviroment.

They weren't going to change the week. That's just a crazy notion. The Ravens couldn't play a home game that Thursday because of the Orioles, and the NFL wants that game played on Thursdays. That meant that the Ravens were going to play one of eight opponents, on the road, that game. Since it was the first game of the year, you can bet it wasn't going to be the Browns, Bills or Dolphins.

That left

Broncos
Bengals
Bears
Steelers
Patriots

of those 5, the three most compelling options were

Patriots
Steelers
Broncos

They went with the Broncos, which allowed the Patriots to face the Bills, who were starting a rookie QB that had missed exhibition games and practice time due to injury. I'm more than just fine with that.

The team that's had the most success against the Patriots in recent seasons started off the season at 0-1. I'm thrilled at that.

Another thing, the Eagles had to travel from Kansas to Philly to Denver. The Broncos have been in the same place since 15th/16th September when they came back from New York.

Still, you have to wonder how the team bus ever gets them anywhere, what with all the bodies Manning has thrown under it. Must be awfully crowded down there....... :eek:

Then why did the schedule makers move the game last year for the Giants to Wednesday when there was a conflict on Thursday . . . if the schedule makers can move the game to Wednesday in 2012 why can't they do it in 2013 so Baltimore can get a home opener? ? ?

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back