PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning unhappy with the schedule makers

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Bronco's are 3-0, scoring at will and every so called "expert" thinks they should already be crowned SB champs, go 16-0 and will break every offensive record in the books. And yet, this guy needs to fing something to complain about.

Kelly to Peyton: 'We'll go play in a parking lot' | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

After the Broncos beat the Raiders on Monday night, Manning said Denver is headed for a “tough game” against the Eagles. Then he suggested that the schedule is beneficial to the Eagles and detrimental to the Broncos.

“We’re coming off of a short week -- it’s nice of the NFL to give Philly 12 days and give us six,” Manning told the media. “So we’ve got to handle that. We’ve still got some guys injured. So we’ve got to get some new guys playing. We’re trying to kind of weather that storm with our injuries. We’ve got to get ready for an unfamiliar opponent who has got a really good team at home next Sunday.”

I wonder if Manning felt the same way when the Broncos had 12 days of rest between week 1 and 2?

The Bronco's are 3-0, scoring at will and every so called "expert" thinks they should already be crowned SB champs, go 16-0 and will break every offensive record in the books. And yet, this guy needs to fing something to complain about.

Kelly to Peyton: 'We'll go play in a parking lot' | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

I wonder if Manning felt the same way when the Broncos had 12 days of rest between week 1 and 2?

So now we can include the schedule makers in the long list of groups and people that Manning has thrown under the bus...

1195276940_peyton.jpg

Those are the same schedule makers that gave them bottom feeding scrubs teams like the Giants and the Raiders in the first 3 weeks. So I'd think he should be sending them a Christmas card instead of doing his patented Manning whining blame game.

Some of the Bill Polian excuse-making "whine now and think later" Colts mentality that drummed in to that cowardly organization for a decade has stuck with Mr. Five-head.

So now we can include the schedule makers in the long list of groups and people that Manning has thrown under the bus...

Indeed. So now we are basically being treated to Sayton manning complaining about "liquored-uo schedule makers."

The worst part is, I know when the inevitable articles come out, most fans and sports "journalists" will agree with him. And we'll be having discussions about how to make the schedule more fair now that games are played weekly on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights.

The very existence of Manning makes me fatigued as a football fan. The fact this pompous choke-artist is the most awarded/celebrated hero of the game this generation and meanwhile Brady is constantly bombarded with YouTube bombs like "Shady Brady" and an endless battery of body language and attitude discussions.

Brady has not once, NOT ONCE, ever conducted himself in the manner that Manning consistently does. And yet when people discuss the QBs, it's always Brady that "whines for flags" and "doesn't give receiver time to develop," etc. It's Brady, a 3-time SB champion that draws comparisons to Marino in the twilight of his career.

I think only something I love as much as the game of football could cause me to hate it with the same fervor.

if you read the pft link on this florio absolves it like manning is trying to motivate himself
If brady says next week that nfl made the go on the road after a sunday night game vs the bengals who were given a bye week, the media head would explode.

So Manning doesn't know how to count. Friday to Saturday is 9 days not 12. And I didn't hear him complaining when they got the same amount of time between week 1 and week 2 off or the 7 days between week 2 and week 3.

Broncos @ Pats with Pats coming off road MNF. What say you about that, ***** Manning ?

Ridiculously easy schedule. They get every break with bye weeks, rest, home games etc. Before the season started i could not find an L on that schedule other than the Pats. Now that is iffy. Chefs might give them a close game or two but look for Reid to screw up the clock at the end to give the Donks a win. They won't lose till the AFCCG or SB. Book it now.

I guess inside Peyton's forehead that means that any and every team coming off a bye (as well as a Thursday night game) has an incredible advantage as well, and schedule makers should find a way to fix that incongruity.

Okay Peyton, please show us how that can be accomplished, keeping in mind it happens (if my math is correct) 48 times over the course of an NFL season.

The funny thing is that the area that the schedule makers could realistically find a way to avoid - sending a team on the road after playing Monday night - Manning doesn't even consider or bring up.

I'm going to enjoy Manning's inevitable January fall from grace this season more than most.

The worst part is, I know when the inevitable articles come out, most fans and sports "journalists" will agree with him. And we'll be having discussions about how to make the schedule more fair now that games are played weekly on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights.

The very existence of Manning makes me fatigued as a football fan. The fact this pompous choke-artist is the most awarded/celebrated hero of the game this generation and meanwhile Brady is constantly bombarded with YouTube bombs like "Shady Brady" and an endless battery of body language and attitude discussions.

Brady has not once, NOT ONCE, ever conducted himself in the manner that Manning consistently does. And yet when people discuss the QBs, it's always Brady that "whines for flags" and "doesn't give receiver time to develop," etc. It's Brady, a 3-time SB champion that draws comparisons to Marino in the twilight of his career.

I think only something I love as much as the game of football could cause me to hate it with the same fervor.

Interesting timing of this coming within a day of the BB/EEI bit. Best to give your opponent respect before the game, no matter who or when. manning's not exactly giving the Eagles a lot of respect.

Hopefully the NFL rights this wrong by making the Eagles forfeit the game and replacing KC with the Jags.

WHAT? They have had the easiest schedule possible through first 3 weeks. They've played Thursday-Sunday-Monday - 3 games in 18 days. We've played Sunday-Thursday-Sunday - 3 games in 14 days.

You have to admire old Zipperneck for trying. If he is successful, the NFL schedulers will be intimidated into not scheduling the playoffs where he inevitably, and prematurely, takes the gas.

What a whiner! Of course, I'm sure this will be ignored by the media or trotted out as proof of his "competitive nature."

I'm going to enjoy Manning's inevitable January fall from grace this season more than most.

But ESPN told me that Manning never fell from grace! Those 11 playoff losses were on the OL/WR corps/D/coaching/stadium/weather/mascot... Right?

could you imagine the s***storm if brady said this?

can't wait for that team to be eliminated in the playoffs

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back