Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peyton Manning unhappy with the schedule makers

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by stevedogc, Sep 24, 2013.

1. stevedogc

stevedogc Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The Bronco's are 3-0, scoring at will and every so called "expert" thinks they should already be crowned SB champs, go 16-0 and will break every offensive record in the books. And yet, this guy needs to fing something to complain about.

Kelly to Peyton: 'We'll go play in a parking lot' | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

I wonder if Manning felt the same way when the Broncos had 12 days of rest between week 1 and 2?

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,688 / 33 / -57

No Jersey Selected

So now we can include the schedule makers in the long list of groups and people that Manning has thrown under the bus...

3. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,271 / 18 / -8

#3 Jersey

[​IMG]

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +361 / 2 / -2

No Jersey Selected

Those are the same schedule makers that gave them bottom feeding scrubs teams like the Giants and the Raiders in the first 3 weeks. So I'd think he should be sending them a Christmas card instead of doing his patented Manning whining blame game.

5. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +245 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Some of the Bill Polian excuse-making "whine now and think later" Colts mentality that drummed in to that cowardly organization for a decade has stuck with Mr. Five-head.

6. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 8 / -1

#61 Jersey

Indeed. So now we are basically being treated to Sayton manning complaining about "liquored-uo schedule makers."

7. RobAllan

RobAllan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +170 / 12 / -4

#12 Jersey

The worst part is, I know when the inevitable articles come out, most fans and sports "journalists" will agree with him. And we'll be having discussions about how to make the schedule more fair now that games are played weekly on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights.

The very existence of Manning makes me fatigued as a football fan. The fact this pompous choke-artist is the most awarded/celebrated hero of the game this generation and meanwhile Brady is constantly bombarded with YouTube bombs like "Shady Brady" and an endless battery of body language and attitude discussions.

Brady has not once, NOT ONCE, ever conducted himself in the manner that Manning consistently does. And yet when people discuss the QBs, it's always Brady that "whines for flags" and "doesn't give receiver time to develop," etc. It's Brady, a 3-time SB champion that draws comparisons to Marino in the twilight of his career.

I think only something I love as much as the game of football could cause me to hate it with the same fervor.

8. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,228 / 9 / -6

if you read the pft link on this florio absolves it like manning is trying to motivate himself
    If brady says next week that nfl made the go on the road after a sunday night game vs the bengals who were given a bye week, the media head would explode.

9. JMC00

JMC00 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,881 / 27 / -21

So Manning doesn't know how to count. Friday to Saturday is 9 days not 12. And I didn't hear him complaining when they got the same amount of time between week 1 and week 2 off or the 7 days between week 2 and week 3.

10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +728 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Broncos @ Pats with Pats coming off road MNF. What say you about that, ***** Manning ?

11. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ridiculously easy schedule. They get every break with bye weeks, rest, home games etc. Before the season started i could not find an L on that schedule other than the Pats. Now that is iffy. Chefs might give them a close game or two but look for Reid to screw up the clock at the end to give the Donks a win. They won't lose till the AFCCG or SB. Book it now.

12. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +709 / 0 / -3

I guess inside Peyton's forehead that means that any and every team coming off a bye (as well as a Thursday night game) has an incredible advantage as well, and schedule makers should find a way to fix that incongruity.

Okay Peyton, please show us how that can be accomplished, keeping in mind it happens (if my math is correct) 48 times over the course of an NFL season.

The funny thing is that the area that the schedule makers could realistically find a way to avoid - sending a team on the road after playing Monday night - Manning doesn't even consider or bring up.

13. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,384 / 17 / -5

#87 Jersey

I'm going to enjoy Manning's inevitable January fall from grace this season more than most.

14. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +759 / 1 / -5

No Jersey Selected

Interesting timing of this coming within a day of the BB/EEI bit. Best to give your opponent respect before the game, no matter who or when. manning's not exactly giving the Eagles a lot of respect.

15. ThatllMoveTheChains!!!

ThatllMoveTheChains!!! Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +167 / 5 / -1

#24 Jersey

Hopefully the NFL rights this wrong by making the Eagles forfeit the game and replacing KC with the Jags.

16. CelticPatriot

CelticPatriot Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

WHAT? They have had the easiest schedule possible through first 3 weeks. They've played Thursday-Sunday-Monday - 3 games in 18 days. We've played Sunday-Thursday-Sunday - 3 games in 14 days.

17. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +591 / 4 / -12

#50 Jersey

You have to admire old Zipperneck for trying. If he is successful, the NFL schedulers will be intimidated into not scheduling the playoffs where he inevitably, and prematurely, takes the gas.

18. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

What a whiner! Of course, I'm sure this will be ignored by the media or trotted out as proof of his "competitive nature."

19. Efstratios

Efstratios Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

But ESPN told me that Manning never fell from grace! Those 11 playoff losses were on the OL/WR corps/D/coaching/stadium/weather/mascot... Right?

20. juny

juny In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +211 / 8 / -1

No Jersey Selected

could you imagine the s***storm if brady said this?

can't wait for that team to be eliminated in the playoffs