PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning named best-mannered person

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The National League of Junior Cotillions has named Peyton Manning has the best-mannered person in 2005...

Just saw it on 1st and 10 on ESPN.

pats1 said:
The National League of Junior Cotillions has named Peyton Manning has the best-mannered person in 2005...

So I guess shaking your head, whipping your chin strap off, blaming the receivers for not catching your over thrown passes and lecturing the officials doesn't count.

Last edited:
pats1 said:

Well, I guess it is a way for The National League of Junior Cotillions to get some media attention. I'd never heard of those idiots before now, and probably never would have if they'd named someone else... Media Whores, apparently. :D

Whoops, I actually thought this was a joke.

Guess not....

Remember what Ted Johnson said about Manning. He said he hated the guy until he met him and found out that Peyton was a sincere, really nice guy. A little too straight in Ted's words. But then Ted added that when Manning was on the field jumping around like a maniac, he TJ just wanted to blitz him and crush his larynx.

Last edited:
And I bet he looks just lovely in his cotillion dress, sipping mint julips with his pinkie in the air........

Bill's Girl said:
And I bet he looks just lovely in his cotillion dress, sipping mint julips with his pinkie in the air........

didn't Peyton get into some hullaballoo about assaulting a female trainer at Tenn?

wonder how she feels about his manners...

Flying Fungi said:
didn't Peyton get into some hullaballoo about assaulting a female trainer at Tenn?

Yeah, he dropped his pants in front of her to reveal what is Im sure a very small penis.

Flying Fungi said:

Say what?
I hadn't heard of this. Details?

SoonerPatriot said:
Yeah, he dropped his pants in front of her to reveal what is Im sure a very small penis.

Manning is Irish?

and the biggest choke in the NFL :D

nhpatsfan said:
Say what?
I hadn't heard of this. Details?

...true story.

He applied his rectum in an area from her forehead to her chin. I guess he was trying to prevent her from having a chapped face.

She sued him and the school (Tenn)...I dunno the results of it though.

Bill's Girl said:

Now BG, mind your manners.:rofl:

SoonerPatriot said:

Must be time to bump up the Carolina Cheerleaders thread.:rocker:

PATSNUTme said:
Now BG, mind your manners.:rofl:

ive got to say i think his manners are as good as Paytons :rolleyes:

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
...true story.

He applied his rectum in an area from her forehead to her chin. I guess he was trying to prevent her from having a chapped face.

She sued him and the school (Tenn)...I dunno the results of it though.

From an old USA Today Article:

All right, so if you were really paying attention, you may remember that back at Tennessee in 1996, when Manning already was an all-SEC quarterback, there was that mooning incident, but, hey, you'd say, can't the lady take a joke? Manning said he meant to drop his pants to show his rear end to another male athlete, not the female trainer. Boys will be boys, you'd say, right? But the female trainer apparently got in the way and saw Manning's backside. So Manning got into a little trouble. So the woman received a settlement from the university and left town. Things happen, you'd say. But that's ancient history. Peyton's still a great guy. Does all that charitable work, is a fabulous role model for kids.

Except that, while apparently everyone else, including the woman, forgot about the incident, one man did not. That fellow was Peyton Manning. In 2000, he wrote a book with his father, Archie, called Manning:A Father, His Sons, and a Football Legacy. In it, for some unknown and extremely ill-advised reason (our hero couldn't be the vindictive type, could he?), Peyton Manning decided to revive the mooning story, calling his action "crude, maybe, but harmless," while saying the female trainer should have "shrugged (it) off." He also said the woman "had a vulgar mouth."

The female trainer, Jamie Ann Naughright, who by then was teaching at Florida Southern College with a doctorate in health education, was minding her own business when word got out that Manning had called her vulgar and dredged up what he did to her.

Soon, copies of the book were all over campus, Naughright says, and the resulting notoriety led to a demotion at work.

Then came the lawsuit. (How could there not be a lawsuit?) And the court documents. And the explicit details about the 1996 training room incident from Naughright's attorney that, if correct, show that Manning's definition of a mooning and your definition of a mooning are two entirely different things.

Naughright's attorney says his client, doing her job, was crouching behind Manning to determine why he was having pain in one of his feet when "entirely unprovoked, Peyton Manning decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright's head and face." Court documents add graphic body-part details, which we shall omit because you certainly can get the picture.

All right, you say, but this is Peyton Manning, the Boy Scout, and it's just another one of those he-said, she-said stories, right? Well, not exactly. Add another "he" to the equation — on her side. The court record includes a letter to Manning from former Tennessee cross country runner Malcolm Saxon, who Manning said was the intended target of the so-called mooning.

"Bro, you have tons of class," Saxon's letter says, "but you have shown no mercy or grace to this lady who was on her knees seeing if you had a stress fracture. ... You might as well maintain some dignity and admit to what happened. ... Your celebrity doesn't mean you can treat folks that way."

OMG, thanks for the story. You saved me the trouble of having to type "Peyton Manning" and "rectum" into Google.

I applaud that.

A hero is born.

Bella*chick said:
OMG, thanks for the story. You saved me the trouble of having to type "Peyton Manning" and "rectum" into Google.

I applaud that.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

The above story goes into even further details, such as his vindictive behaviour AFTER the incident - mocking her by doing "re-enactments" etc... - as well as some lies he spread about the woman, and the refutations of his lies by other athletes etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back