PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

peyton manning is mentally weak

That guys laugh kills me

greatest choker in nfl history. it's not close.

next year, the manning ballwashing will continue. i'm sick of the analysts always saying " how do you stop manning " blah blah blah. same **** every year, peyton folds like a chair in big games. espn loves him to death and will never criticize him. trey wingo is the worst along with polian

Even after winning the AFC about 4 months ago......

greatest choker in nfl history. it's not close.

next year, the manning ballwashing will continue. i'm sick of the analysts always saying " how do you stop manning " blah blah blah. same **** every year, peyton folds like a chair in big games. espn loves him to death and will never criticize him. trey wingo is the worst along with polian

Look, I was as happy as anyone to see Manning get his ass kicked in the Super Bowl but the truth of the matter, at least imo, is that Brady would have suffered the same fate had he made it to that game. The Seahawks were the best team in football last year and proved it, and their defense would have stuffed the Patriots had they met in the Super Bowl. Manning sucked in that game but it is hard to imagine any QB being successful in that situation. My thanks to the Seahawks for turning Manning into a sub .500 SB QB but je isn't "mentally weak" or he never would have had the career he has had. You don't come back from a spine fusion to play QB in the NFL if you are weak in any way.

All that said his legacy started out last postseason under a cloud and ended it next to the remains of Jimmy Hoffa under Giants stadium.

Look, I was as happy as anyone to see Manning get his ass kicked in the Super Bowl but the truth of the matter, at least imo, is that Brady would have suffered the same fate had he made it to that game. The Seahawks were the best team in football last year and proved it, and their defense would have stuffed the Patriots had they met in the Super Bowl. Manning sucked in that game but it is hard to imagine any QB being successful in that situation. My thanks to the Seahawks for turning Manning into a sub .500 SB QB but je isn't "mentally weak" or he never would have had the career he has had. You don't come back from a spine fusion to play QB in the NFL if you are weak in any way.

All that said his legacy started out last postseason under a cloud and ended it next to the remains of Jimmy Hoffa under Giants stadium.

Seriously, apparently we're supposed to believe that getting blown out in the SB is worse than losing in the AFCCG to the team that got blown out in the SB? Doesn't compute. Brady's the better QB because his track record is better, but Manning was better in 2013.

Wasn't a thread like this already made not that long ago? I'll say the same thing here as I did there. He sure looked mentally weak when he shredded the Patriots for 400 yards and made that game non-competitive.

And while it may not have been 43-8, the Patriots would have gotten rolled by the Seahawks. Something like 27-0 (I doubt the Pats could have even scored a point).

Seriously, apparently we're supposed to believe that getting blown out in the SB is worse than losing in the AFCCG to the team that got blown out in the SB? Doesn't compute. Brady's the better QB because his track record is better, but Manning was better in 2013.
What is a little surprising to me is how Manning has done career-wise vs. the AFC East, considering how weak many observers seem to think it is. His all-time AFC East record is 27-32. Now, he's 7-14 vs. NE, but subtract those out and he's left with a 20-18 record vs. the Jets, Bills and Dolphins. Interesting...

I think Peyton has confidence issues in playoffs/big games. You can see it in his demeanor.

Look, I was as happy as anyone to see Manning get his ass kicked in the Super Bowl but the truth of the matter, at least imo, is that Brady would have suffered the same fate had he made it to that game.

Seahawks were good, but Peyton made them look Godly.

How many Turnovers did Peyton have in that game? 2 bad INT's and a lost fumble on the opening play that led to a Safety from what I can remember. It turned into a blowout because he was flustered and kept making errors.

I don't see Brady doing the same. We may have lost, but it wouldn't have been a stomping like the one we witnessed happen to Denver.

we'd lose, not by 35 points imo.:)

Here's Manning's post game quote on the safety that started things downhill against the Seahawks:

"The turnover on the first play of the game to give them a safety is not the way you want to start a game. For whatever reason, we couldn’t get much going after that."
So I guess being down 2-0 was too much adversity to overcome. When Brady took the safety against the Giants (on a call never seen before or since), NE ended up down 9-0 and responded by scoring the next 17 points. That's the difference between Brady and Manning in a nutshell.

I think Seattle would have beaten NE but the Patriots would have at least shown up for the game.

I think we can all agree that with Revis and Browner on the team this year, Manning won't have a field day like he did in last year's AFCCG. There's no guarantee that we would win, but we will be a lot more competitive. If Gronk plays, that would probably put us over the top.

Here's Manning's post game quote on the safety that started things downhill against the Seahawks:

"The turnover on the first play of the game to give them a safety is not the way you want to start a game. For whatever reason, we couldn’t get much going after that."
So I guess being down 2-0 was too much adversity to overcome. When Brady took the safety against the Giants (on a call never seen before or since), NE ended up down 9-0 and responded by scoring the next 17 points. That's the difference between Brady and Manning in a nutshell.

I think Seattle would have beaten NE but the Patriots would have at least shown up for the game.
There is also a huge difference in the defense of the Giants in 2011 and what the Seahawks had. We would probably not have scored on the Seahawks in the SB this year.

Seahawks were good, but Peyton made them look Godly.

How many Turnovers did Peyton have in that game? 2 bad INT's and a lost fumble on the opening play that led to a Safety from what I can remember. It turned into a blowout because he was flustered and kept making errors.

I don't see Brady doing the same. We may have lost, but it wouldn't have been a stomping like the one we witnessed happen to Denver.
It was a horrible snap. Not a fumble. **** up by the center, not on Manning on that play. He sure didn't look good the rest of the game though.

It was a horrible snap. Not a fumble. **** up by the center, not on Manning on that play. He sure didn't look good the rest of the game though.

I was surprised he didn't follow his model of blaming it on the offensive line again like he has done in the past. BRADY>Manning

There is also a huge difference in the defense of the Giants in 2011 and what the Seahawks had. We would probably not have scored on the Seahawks in the SB this year.

That could be true but, we were running the ball quite well and why we stopped that in the AFCCG I will never understand and if we did that same thing in the SB I don't think we would have to thrown as much which went right into the strength of that Seahawk defense and giving us a chance

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back