PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning insists he is not about setting records

I think it's more about him being obsessed with control than it does him needing records records IMO. He has a deep need to control everything around him including that little staged celebration. He's the ultimate control freak.
I think he's legitimately autistic

Me thinks he doth protest too much!

Notice how Brady doesn't even have to respond to allegations like this?

What is the record of one and done in the playoffs? he could set a new record.......

NO-PEYTON-MANNING.jpg

Some context about this one: Heading into the 2nd to last regular season game, the Colts were 14-0. The team leadership decided they would lose a game to avoid the added stress and pressure of going undefeated. Manning and other key players sat out the second half of the game against the Jets, the Jets rallied from a halftime deficit and won the game. In the last regular season game, in a snowstorm at Buffalo, Manning, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark all played enough to reach yardage and reception milestones (Manning needed 95 yards to get to 4500) and then sat out the rest of the game, which Buffalo won.

I'll never understand why they couldn't have played the second half of the Jets game and tried to reach those yardage and reception marks and then sat out the Buffalo game entirely, if that was their priority. Either way, I'm not a big fan of putting personal achievements ahead of team accomplishments, which is why I'll always be grateful that the Saints beat the Colts in the SB that year.

I have the answer why Indy laid down in game 15 instead of game 16. Indy wanted the Jets to win and get into the playoffs instead of the Steelers, who, like the Pats, gave P6 trouble. Indy (Polian) then tried to deflect things by publicly mentioning the Pats failure to get t0 19-0 as the reason they rested everyone, but that wasn't the real reason. They were afraid of the Steelers.

The Saints cheated to win the SB and haven't been close to one since they were caught.

What is the record of one and done in the playoffs? he could set a new record.......

I thought he passed that milestone years ago. It will be very difficult for another QB to equal that astonishing record.

I thought he passed that milestone years ago. It will be very difficult for another QB to equal that astonishing record.
Andy Dalton is off to a good start. I don't know if he gets to stick around long enough to break Goober's record.

I have no problem with someone trying to break records, but when I saw him throwing a 30 yard TD up 3 scores on HOU last year who had the #1 pick?

He's doing it the wrong way and it's the first time I wished someone deliberately drilled him after the play. JJ Watt could and should have ended him

Andy Dalton is off to a good start. I don't know if he gets to stick around long enough to break Goober's record.

The thing that sets P6's one and done's apart from the others is that he had 3 or 4 of them when he had the best record in the AFC.

Peyton also holds the record for SuperBowl Pick 6s

The thing that sets P6's one and done's apart from the others is that he had 3 or 4 of them when he had the best record in the AFC.

Agree completely.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back