PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning had a torn right quad

Whenever a report of Brady's injuries has come out on this board in the past, everyone here says "wow, he played through an injury. wow, he didn't complain about it at all during the season."

The same happens for manning and people start calling ********.

Hard to take some of your opinions seriously.

The feeling is mutual, we hardly believe a word you say.

Peyton was injured in his quad, so that obviously affects his passing. So instead of questioning the legitimacy of it (which isn't really fair), why not question this:

Why did Peyton audible out of the run in every play halfway through the 2nd quarter?

CJ Anderson, on his 17 carries, had 7 carries of at least 5 yards. That shows that if they stayed committed to the run, the Colts defense would have broken down.

I mean look at the Colts/Pats game on Sunday Night earlier this season. The Pats kept on chipping and chipping the Colts defense with Jonas Gray, and eventually they got touchdowns.

In that Broncos/Colts game, they ran the ball on first down, and regardless of the result, they gave up and passed on the next two downs, knowing Peyton is ineffective.

I don't know who's more at fault though; Peyton for deciding to throw heavily knowing he couldn't do a good job, or the Broncos organization for not giving him rest against teams like Oakland...

To be fair, a torn or strained quad is no joke. Had a 2nd degree strain of my groin in my early 20's and it was probably the most painful 6 weeks of my life. Considering I've torn my bicep tendon,labrum in my shoulder and my acl in my knee I still remember the groin being the most painful recovery. Not sure what a quad tear would feel like but I imagine it's not good.

Before I forget, I heard a funny Manning joke on a sports talk show today, Tim and Sid on Sportsnet to be exact:

"Peyton Manning had to take his website down, apparently he couldn't string 3 W's together"

:D

I think Manning will take a big pay cut to play another season. I won't be surprised if he takes half with Super Bowl incentives. I dont think Elway will keep him unless he takes the big cut but I do think Elway wants to give it one more try, the question is whether he believes Manning's poor play was because of the thigh or if he believes as I do that his arm is pretty much gone, if he believes it's gone then I think he advised b him n to retire and Manning takes the advice.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out?

As fan base we've been given a glimpse of Brady's exhaustive commitment to maintaining throwing mechanics, core/body strength- especially the legs, flexibility and conditioning. I have no doubt that to play the # of years - and at the level he has, PM has kept himself in tip-top shape as well. However, things just start to go. PM doesn't chuck the ball all over the field as he did when he was 25 or even 35 years old. If you watch all the great QBs in their mid/late 30s..Montana, Marino, Young, Favre, Elway they throw with just a little bit less zip than they did when they were younger.

I'm in the camp that believes that PM has lost something on his throws and it's been 3-4 years in the process of it becoming noticeable on a consistent basis. BB has said before its almost impossible to predict when a player is done as everyone is different. For some, it just happens. For others, its more gradual.

Elway needs to determine the root-cause of his performance issue. Once he does that, he can make an educated decision on how to proceed. Either way, I have to assume he is leaning towards restructuring his deal so he can sign a quality backup in case PM continues his steep decline.

Last edited:
To be fair, a torn or strained quad is no joke. Had a 2nd degree strain of my groin in my early 20's and it was probably the most painful 6 weeks of my life. Considering I've torn my bicep tendon,labrum in my shoulder and my acl in my knee I still remember the groin being the most painful recovery. Not sure what a quad tear would feel like but I imagine it's not good.

Trying to be fair with an egomaniac like Peyton, and his legion of egomaniac fans, who shamelessly lack character to understand scripting your own record breaking TD in practice is low or classless, will always end you up on the losing end of that argument. His crew will come up with just about any excuse imaginable to save his face. So why be fair, and why not take this with the largest grain of sweaty salt that could ever drip off such a big, gigantic actually, conehead-size forehead?

As fan base we've been given a glimpse of Brady's exhaustive commitment to maintaining throwing mechanics, core/body strength- especially the legs, flexibility and conditioning. I have no doubt that to play the # of years - and at the level he has, PM has kept himself in tip-top shape as well. However, things just start to go. PM doesn't chuck the ball all over the field as he did when he was 25 or even 35 years old. If you watch all the great QBs in their mid/late 30s..Montana, Marino, Young, Favre, Elway they throw with just a little bit less zip than they did when they were younger.

I'm in the camp that believes that PM has lost something on his throws and it's been 3-4 years in the process of it becoming noticeable on a consistent basis. BB has said before its almost impossible to predict when a player is done as everyone is different. For some, it just happens. For others, its more gradual.

Elway needs to determine the root-cause of his performance issue. Once he does that, he can make an educated decision on how to proceed. Either way, I have to assume he is leaning towards restructuring his deal so he can sign a quality backup in case PM continues he steep decline.

Yep, exactly how I see it. This has been coming the past two seasons, you could tell Manning could not deal with wind a couple of seasons ago because he was losing the velocity to throw through it, and this season it was showing in all conditions, even indoors. Tough situation for Elway because who knows better when a QBs arm is gone, but he still knows that replacing Manning and staying at the top is going to be very difficult. If he can rationalize it as due to the injury then I think he gets Manning to take a big paycut and goes for one more year, if not he tries to get him to retire and uses the money for Foles or Cousins etc.......

Now the stories are getting a little out of hand.

@alberbreer
My sources tell me that Manning's leg was complete severed at the thigh and had to be surgically reattached. #warrior #GOAT

The thing yesterday was not only were his throws bad but his decision making was even worse. What does he have a torn brain?

And if he was playing with such a debilitating injury, would it not have been better if someone else was in at QB, because he just sucked last night. No good backup QB you say. What coach does not think about getting a back up for a 38 year old QB...

The feeling is mutual, we hardly believe a word you say.

What exactly did I say that is so hard to believe for whoever "we" is referring to?

Funny hearing the media say "expect a great game from Peyton today he's the healthiest he's been all year!!" And right after the loss we find out that he was still injured. Media can be stupid sometimes

Now the stories are getting a little out of hand.

@alberbreer
My sources tell me that Manning's leg was complete severed at the thigh and had to be surgically reattached. #warrior #GOAT

Alberbreer haha i have to go follow this guy now

love all the excuses fans and manning supports are using now with this

Although Manning has been declining in the 2nd half of the year, a torn quad explains his terrible performance yesterday, why he kept throwing short when long throws were required and why he kept missing so badly when he did try to throw long. Cut the guy a little slack, will ya? I for one would have preferred him to come here healthy and us to beat him in one last epic battle, sort of like what we got on Saturday. Oh well, seems it's not meant to be...

The thing yesterday was not only were his throws bad but his decision making was even worse. What does he have a torn brain?

And if he was playing with such a debilitating injury, would it not have been better if someone else was in at QB, because he just sucked last night. No good backup QB you say. What coach does not think about getting a back up for a 38 year old QB...
John Fox.

Although Manning has been declining in the 2nd half of the year, a torn quad explains his terrible performance yesterday, why he kept throwing short when long throws were required and why he kept missing so badly when he did try to throw long. Cut the guy a little slack, will ya? I for one would have preferred him to come here healthy and us to beat him in one last epic battle, sort of like what we got on Saturday. Oh well, seems it's not meant to be...

While I'm with you in saying that we should not call his injury just an excuse (Brady was injured in 2007 SB loss, after all), I think it's much more poetic that Manning's 9th 1-and-done came along with Brady's 9th AFCCG.

9 life threatening injuries that led to defeats in the postseason...Peytie is just snakebit. The NFL should institute a "shoulda/coulda" rule that gives Manning the playoff wins he deserves d%#*!@t !!!

I don't think some of you know how painful a torn vagina actually is. It is some serious business.

boo hoo

everyone plays with injuries

I can't do it on my iPad, somebody put Peyton's head on the no arms one legged "it's just a flesh wound" black knight from Monty Python

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back