PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton: Eli will wear Ring Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Peyton: Eli will wear Ring Sunday

PHOENIX, AZ — Surprising the entire gathering of media and fans, Peyton Manning stepped out Friday when he predicted that his younger brother would be the second Manning to wear a Super Bowl Ring.

“No question about it, none whatsoever,” the elder Manning said. “Eli is going to be sporting a Super Bowl Ring on Sunday night. We’ve spoken a lot about it in the last few days, and it’s an absolute certainty.”

Manning said nothing more after this bold declaration, quickly getting into a car and speeding off without answering any questions. However, SSNN was able to catch up with the Colts Pro Bowler later, and he clarified his remarks.

“God no, they’re not going to win. Ok, maybe I left my comments open to interpretation,” Peyton admitted to SSNN. “But I’m no moron – clearly Eli and those guys are overmatched. I mean, I love my brother, but you gotta be realistic – which is why I’m going to let him wear my ring for a few hours when the game is over.

“You know, just so he can sort of see what it feels like. I’ve even got a little camera set up where I can ask him ‘what are you gonna do now, Eli,’ and he can say he’s going to Disneyland or whatever. It’ll be just like he won, except that he won’t really have won. I think they’ve got a decent chance to cover the 12 though, and that’s saying something, right?”

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/2008/02/peyton-eli-will-wear-ring-sunday.html#more-1010

Hehe. That's pretty funny.

that's pretty funny considering they don't get their rings until a few weeks after the Super Bowl.

for someone with such a huge head, he's got a tiny brain...

Do you guys honestly not realize that's a satirical website?

Then this one isn't true either???????????

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork...in-ncaa-tournament-world-series-of-poker.html

Shula: Patriots not undefeated until they win NCAA Tournament, World Series of Poker

GLENDALE, AZ — Don Shula, coach of the 1972 Dolphins, hastily called a press conference outside University of Phoenix Stadium Thursday morning to make an important announcement about the New England Patriots.

“Even if the Patriots win on Sunday, and complete the NFL season at 19-0, they will not be undefeated,” Shula said. “In my eyes, they will also have to win the NCAA basketball tournament and the 2008 World Series of Poker, if they want to truly be considered undefeated. And even then, that’s like tying

Maybe Eli will be as lucky as Peyton and star in his own 30+ commercials next year.

the only ring eli will get to wear is when plexico asks eli to marry him after they lose the game.....................

Last edited:
Way too many of these threads that you have to look at the link to see it's not real. It kind of sucks :(

that's pretty funny considering they don't get their rings until a few weeks after the Super Bowl.

for someone with such a huge head, he's got a tiny brain...

Speaking of tiny brains...

It's very nice to hear that Peyton will finally let Eli try his ring on. Good to see little Peyton's finally learned to share.

Sounds like that Mexican girl in the wedding dress asked Eli too - and he accepted.

I'm not so sure if that's a satire website or not... many of these headlines from the site look perfectly plausible:

"Randy Moss reportedly tells accuser ‘watch Super Bowl to see real beating’"

"Shula: Patriots not undefeated until they win NCAA Tournament, World Series of Poker"

"Wife of Pats’ Seymour says husband not dirty, just “a little kinky”"

Sounds like that Mexican girl in the wedding dress asked Eli too - and he accepted.

I'm not so sure if that's a satire website or not... many of these headlines from the site look perfectly plausible:

"Randy Moss reportedly tells accuser ‘watch Super Bowl to see real beating’"

"Shula: Patriots not undefeated until they win NCAA Tournament, World Series of Poker"

"Wife of Pats’ Seymour says husband not dirty, just “a little kinky”"

That one was my favorite.

I sent them this one, http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=76767

I hope they publish it. I think it is my best work since

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=68827&highlight=flipper

i'm sure Peyton had pointed out all PATs D weakness to Eli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes