PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton 'compliments' Brady...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't expect Peyton to give Tom any real compliments. He still holds it against Brady that he has 3 SB rings. Remember how in the 2006 AFCCG he literally prayed to God on the sideline and said something along the lines of " why does Tom get to have 3 SB rings and I have none?"

His envy of Brady knows no bounds. It would kill him inside if he were to actually give him a real compliment.

Peyton, unlike his fans, knows that championships are what matter most. That's why it eats him up inside.

Come on guys, do we need to overreact on two brief comments? We don't even know if this was just a part of the interview. And do we really need his or any other individual's praise to know what a great guy our QB is?

Maybe we could enjoy the game - and these two terrific players - more if we stopped behaving like the media by blowing up every single of their reactions and phrases as something against us.

peyton is so gracious and magnanimous......the nfl is lucky to have such a noble spokesman

and im sure many of you noticed that BB said peyton was the best he had ever coached against.....including montana, marino, and elway

peyton is so gracious and magnanimous......the nfl is lucky to have such a noble spokesman

and im sure many of you noticed that BB said peyton was the best he had ever coached against.....including montana, marino, and elway
James, don't make me take back those nice things I said about you!

Agree that it was a pretty lame 'compliment' by Peytie

I think it speaks to what antler boy said...there is no quit in TFB until the triple 0's hit the clock....

NYCPatsfan, I'm not saying anything more than this was a weak compliment. And it struck me as odd... mainly because Peyton is a generally complimentary and insightful person towards others. You would think he'd have better insights into his chief rival over the years than 'always rings the bell.'

Lighten up, Francis.

Last edited:
Last time we played in the regular season, Peyton said "Tom's a hard worker."

He has an inferiority complex.

peyton is a ****. fake compliments just to be politically correct

on a serious note

its obvious that peyton is resentful/jealous of Brady's 3 rings/5 SB appearances

he definitely thinks he is the better QB and it kills him that many think its TB

i will give tom this......he seems to have a more gracious personality in many ways

on a serious note

its obvious that peyton is resentful/jealous of Brady's 3 rings/5 SB appearances

he definitely thinks he is the better QB and it kills him that many think its TB

i will give tom this......he seems to have a more gracious personality in many ways

It's easier to be gracious when you've been successful.

This explains the behavior of the vast majority of Jets fans.

Well, if you saw Tom's "compliments" (where he basically called Peyton old) maybe this makes more sense. I suspect that there is some kind of ribbing going on here that we are not privy to.

Edit:
Here is the quip from Brady:
"He's always been someone I've really looked up to and studied and admired." Brady said of Manning during his weekly news conference. "I mean, he is older than me and has more playing experience than me. Maybe when I'm his age, I'll be playing as well as that."

source: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tom-brady-peyton-manning-old-touchdowns-patriots-broncos-102914

Last edited:
i actually respect PJ.......you, not as much

if he says im pushing it too much, then i will try to be more serious
I very much appreciate your respect James, but please, don't look to me as an arbiter of propriety. You should always remember that, above all, I am an offensive ****.

Anyway, I still like you bro.

I very much appreciate your respect James, but please, don't look to me as an arbiter of propriety. You should always remember that, above all, I am an offensive ****.

Anyway, I still like you bro.

well....you were the only person to compliment me and welcome me early on....before i was really trolling

and i remember and appreciate that

plus.....i lurked here before i joined.....and you're not anywhere close to being the **** that many are

but i will try to not use you/name drop you when im being "attacked" and such.....i realize its somewhat discourteous

I think deep down Peyton would rather have the stats and be considered the greatest passer of all time than the rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back