PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Petition to the NFL???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think that we, as fans, should get a petition going to send to the NFL. For the SB to have been as poor officiated as it was today is just more proof that the league needs full time referees. The referees need to be graded and held accountable for getting too involved in a game the way they did today.

The league also needs to have instant replay cameras on the goal lines and above the pylons to insure that the correct calls are being made.

The league also needs to make it a penalty for players to "PLEAD" their cases the way Chris Hope did. Or, they should have a head official upstairs watching endzone plays who can call down and over-rule an official on something like that

I'm in...

ten characters

I think it has to be from ALL over the place..not just here...so ALL NFL fans should be writing...Will it do any good?? BUT I agree the zebras have been horrible for the most part this post season.

I don't think they'll listen. They got exactly what they wanted.

Considering those officials just screwed a team owned by the 4th richest man in the world, we fans may be the least of the NFL's concerns going forward.

Goal line cameras should be a fixture if instant replay is to work effectively. Tonight was a perfect example of the need for them. It looked fairly obvious that Roethlisberger didn't cross the goal line on the called touchdown. A goa line cam could have cleared that up.

Murphys95 said:
Goal line cameras should be a fixture if instant replay is to work effectively. Tonight was a perfect example of the need for them. It looked fairly obvious that Roethlisberger didn't cross the goal line on the called touchdown. A goa line cam could have cleared that up.
I have a better solution. Looking into a patent now. :D

The officiating was horrible. I can think of two plays that gave the Steelers eight points (the Jackson offensive p.i. in the end zone and the Rotttenburger TD run). Also the yards the Steelers were given on the interception where they said Hasselback went low on the tackle.

The officials definately gave this one to the Steelers.

BTW< I wouldn't limit the petition to just here. I would post it all around. ESPN. IndyStar. ETC.

Anyone want to help me write the petition?

Murphys95 said:

ABSOLUTELY! BB has been lobbying for this for some time.

Here is what I have so far:

We, the fans of the National Football League, have signed this petition to express our disappointment with the quality of the officiating during SuperBowl XL and the playoffs leading up to SuperBowl XL. While we acknowledge that officials are human beings and can make mistakes, the sheer number of incorrect calls is unacceptable. The quality of the officials is severally impacting the quality of the product that the NFL is presenting.

The hottest topic amongst fans during and after the SuperBowl was how poorly the game was officiated. Message boards on numerous sites including ESPN.COM were loaded with threads on how poor the officiating was.

We, the fans, feel that several changes are a must for the NFL to continue to put a quality product on the field. Those changes include, but are not limited to, the following:

1) FULL TIME officials who are rated after every game. Officials who are under-performing should be removed from the crews.

2) A full time replay official that is attached to the officiating crews, not the the individual stadiums. This official would be the one to make the replay calls. This would take the decision out of the hands of the referee.

3) Replay cameras facing down the goal line. This will help the officials be able to make the correct calls on the important plays that could change the game.

4) Replay cameras over the goal pylons. This will give officials an additional view for close plays at the goal line.

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar a year business. Its should be in its best interest to invest in that business to provide the best possilbe product to the fans.

We hope that this petition will be taken as the constructive criticism it is intended to be.

Sincerely,
Fans of the NFL

Come on. We need to do just more than complain in the petition, people. We need to offer up viable alternatives. If we don't, then we won't be taken seriously.

I know that some of you are really good writers and would be interested in your input.

DaBruinz said:
BTW< I wouldn't limit the petition to just here. I would post it all around. ESPN. IndyStar. ETC.

Yes...Yes...Yes...

Pass it to all your football friends as well.

The NFL has to at least get some grief about this bad display of officiating. Send this to everyone you know that is a football fan.

I am going to.

gotta use a 2-by-4

Johnny Mac said:
I don't think they'll listen. They got exactly what they wanted.
do you want to start some $h!t? gotta write to the congressional committe that authorized to focus on "The Professional Sports Accoountability and Integrity Act", passed in June 2005. This is overseen by the Senate Special Committee on Ethics.
The two Senators who drive this Special Committee are John McCain and Tod Stevens. You remember these guys from the steroid hearings.
GOTTA WRITE TO THE SENATORS AND cc to TAGLIABUE. He'll $h!t his pants.
Remember, McCain and Stevens watched the SB as well, they were both probably there. Give them a chace to send a letter over to Tagliabue and he'll have to give them a much more detailed response.
otherwise, what we'll get from tagliabue is a very nice letter using words like "high quality" and "review process snd "Supervisor of Officials.""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back