PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Petey King: Wallace 36 rec, 730 yds, 5 tds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mccourty's best strength is not press coverage. i'd rather have him play more off the line of scrimmage like last year.
I actually think Arrington might be a good match up for him given he's reasonably physical and has been the best performed defensive back we've had through the early parts of the season.

steelers only scored 20 points on the colts, the worst team in the league, and 17 points against the jaguars, another terrible team. this nonsense that tomorrow's game is going to be a "shootout" has to stop.

Jags actually have a decent defense. But scoring only 20 against the colts is not very good. I still think there will be lots of points by both teams tomorrow.

Wallace is a very good player and Pittsburgh's top offensive weapon.

Belichick historically successfully schemes to take away the top threat of the opposing team and dares the opponent to beat the Pats elsewhere.

I'm not saying Wallace will be shut out for three quarters like he was last time, but in my opinion the keys for Pittsburgh will be (a) how effective Mendenhall (and Redman and Dwyer) are running the ball, (b) if Arians becomes predictable as he often is in his play calling, and (c) most importantly the production from the other receivers - Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Hines Ward and TE Heath Miller.

The Steelers got better WRs than the Patriots, but they don't have the TEs the Patriots got.

Funny,no one talks about Heath Miller

This kind of tight end is dangerous because we don't gameplay on these types of good but not star players.

Miller could be a challenge to Spikes,Mayo or any defender in the slot

Miller has 276 yards and 2 TDs so far this season

No chance Wallace beats us tomorrow. They're going to jam him and have over the top safety help all day for whoever is lined up on him. The guy we gotta watch out for is Heath Miller. I honestly feel like everyone is forgetting about him because all those speedy widereceivers are getting all the pub and attention.

This kind of tight end is dangerous because we don't gameplay on these types of good but not star players.

Ahh, just beat me too it :idea2:

Agreed, I was thinking the same.

Pitt has a couple of deep threats and Ward and Miller underneath.

Agreed, I was thinking the same.

Pitt has a couple of deep threats and Ward and Miller underneath.

And Ward isn't playing tomorrow.

The Steelers got better WRs than the Patriots, but they don't have the TEs the Patriots got.

Well, the Pats have the best WR in the nfl so thats something...

Well, the Pats have the best WR in the nfl so thats something...

How did they get Calvin Johnson after the trading deadline, and why isn't this news all over the radio and internet?

At this point Big Al is a Jag. I just hope he can make it the whole game without cramping up

You might try watching the football games instead of just the stat sheets. It will prevent you from saying things this dumb in the future.

How did they get Calvin Johnson after the trading deadline, and why isn't this news all over the radio and internet?

They dont, they have Wes Welker, who is better.

They dont, they have Wes Welker, who is better.

Keep living the fantasy. Welker's not a top 3 receiver, nevermind #1 overall.

But, then, you already know that, just as I'm sure you knew Brady was better than Manning even when Manning was putting up better production numbers in certain past seasons.

Last edited:
If our DL can own their OL again it hopefully won't matter

ReasonsSwissCheeseModel.jpg

roeth-sack.JPG

Unless Roeth whats his name can get rid of the rock in 1.7 secs ....well pictures
are a thousand words Folks. :)

He burnt the Pats in garbage time. It was 23-3 going into the 4th quarter. Wallace didn't even catch his first pass in that game until 5:19 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. If that is burning the Pats, I hope to God he burns them again tomorrow.

Seriously, people need to stop looking at stat sheets and actually look at the game. Wallace did crap in that game until the game was basically over. Roethlisberger did nothing in that game until the game was basically over. Wallace got 126 yards and 2 TDs in the fourth quarter when the Pats never let the Steelers closer than 10 points from the lead.

Ummm...his play is the only thing that kept the Steelers in it. What should've been a blowout became far too interesting for my liking.

You'd be foolish to be not worried about him.

I like Wallace and was one of the proponents a long time ago questioning why we took Brandon Tate over him but Wallace is a one route runner. Jam him really hard and you can take him away. As you've mentioned, easier said than done but if McCourty slams him at the line of scrimmage doing a Revis with the defensive linemen taking the scramble pass away from R-Burger, that should help considerably.

He's more than a one route runner these days imo..and besides who gives a rats ass if he is a one route runner. Randy Moss was a one route runner. Wallace is still 3rd in the league in yards and i have very little confidence that this revamped secondary will contain him. We'll see.

I read the title of this thread and thought King was predicting Wallace's production on Sunday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes