PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King's SB pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
...He couldn't find X's and O's in the alphabet.

That's a good line. Just so you know...I'll think of you whenever I steal it. :singing:

I'm willing to defer to his expertise when he is providing some inside view about the league (based on his ability to develop a great network of contacts throughout the league, which, to be fair to him, is no doubt based on his combination of hard work and good interpersonal skills), or when he is discussing the merits of highly-sweetened coffee drinks. When it comes to analyzing football games, I can't think of any examples that convince me his opinion is (A) better than mine, and (B) not inferior to many of the posters on this forum.

In general with the media predictions for this game, I think we all have to admit that as much as we want at least a decent percentage of them to be for the Pats (we all can argue about what constitutes a decent percentage), picking the Giants in this one is totally legitimate, no matter how flawed their explanations are for their choice. I can understand why it is disappointing and even why it makes us Pats fans more nervous, but don't let it get to you, try to enjoy the very rare opportunity to see your favorite team go for the championship, and never forget that this could be the last time they are even in this game, so don't let any of them spoil what should be a very happy, albeit nerve-wracking, Sunday.

... I think we all have to admit that as much as we want at least a decent percentage of them to be for the Pats ...

Heh -- I think it's probably safe to say most of us want the media to pick the Giants this week. It's a PatsFans thing.

He had the Falcons over the Chargers for this years Superbowl at the start of the season.:singing:

Snooki just picked the Giants to win........REJOICE

King is the leader of the pack when it comes to Manning Family Jock Sniffers. That being said, I don't find anything really outrageous here. Lots of people have picked NY.

I do wonder, though, how his obvious dislike of BB (he often tweets that they have not spoken in years) impacts his view of the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes