Peter Kings Mock Draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From SI, #24 to the Redskins and at 28 we pick up Griffith.. King, Thomase, Curran and Reiss all seem to feel as I do, we will not use the first two picks.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/27/mock.part3/index.html

28 S Michael Griffin Texas Sr. 6-0 202
The Patriots could go cornerback, linebacker or safety with this pick. They'll get one of each in this draft, for sure. Some playmaker, this guy. Had 23 tackles and a blocked punt his junior year in a game against Texas A&M.

No way we just trade it for a single first rounder next year... not with the Skins especially.

I said it in the other thread, and it might be homerism, but I can easily see Washington getting all starry eyed and NEEDY about that 24... and giving us a 1 next year AND a 2 this year.

PFnV

No way we just trade it for a single first rounder next year... not with the Skins especially.

I said it in the other thread, and it might be homerism, but I can easily see Washington getting all starry eyed and NEEDY about that 24... and giving us a 1 next year AND a 2 this year.

PFnV

That'd work for me.

Last edited:
The Skins don't have a 2 this year (or a 3 or a 4).

For what it's worth (not much), Gibbs specifically said that the skins wouldn't be dealing any future draft picks away this year. It's remarkable how many times they've been burned doing it recently, with Chris Cooley perhaps being the lone exception.

LOL Isaac... uh what happened to their 2, 3, and 4? Day-um! Help me out here... how can they make a bad, self-destructive, narrow-focused draft day deal, if they don't have any present draft picks, and they won't trade any future ones???

Great then, I guess. We'll take Santana Moss, if they twist our arm...

PFnV

Why would we trade a 1st this year even up for a 1st next year?

It would be like Wash. saying "yeah we're really going to suck".

They'd probably be right, but I'm sure BB is not negotiating from that standpoint.

Stoopid.

The Pats traded the 19th pick in the 2003 draft for a second rounder that year and a first rounder in the 2004 draft. Why would the Pats drop their asking price for the 24th pick a full second round draft choice because it is 5 spots back. Maybe if the Redskins gave us a first and second next year, but no way does a first in 2008 enough to trade away one of our first round picks in this draft today. King is usually a Patriots rump swab. I figured he would never predict the Pats would get the crap end of a trade with Daniel Snyder.

I've heard the Redskins aren't happy with Carlos Rogers' development. How about the Redskins' #1 in 2008 AND Carlos Rogers for #24 this year? I'd go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back