PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King's guess on Pats punishment on HBO'S Inside The NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd fight it too. At the very most, Belichick didn't obey the rule on where video cameras are allowed to be used. That's it. There is nothing else (unless there's more that's not been reported which is unlikely given the level of scrutiny).

No other team will it happen to because of 2 things - A crappy team nobody cares to even watch closely over for cheating-and the second reason - That the much hated Bill Belichick is NOT the coach of the crappy team so there will be no scrutinizing.

Belichick will be the scrutinizer. Lets see Miami or the Jets try to pull off some kind of illegal taping thing again.

If it's a first or second round pick I'll be devastated I don't see how throwing rocks at the throne is gonna fix what BB interpreted a loophole in the rule book.
BB is smarter then every coach in the league I feel safe saying that and if BB used cameras it's because he thought he could do it.
That high of a pick is ridiculous when the Broncos cheated the cap a very competitive disadvantage to all the other teams playing fair and only got slapped on the wrist with a 3rd rounder.

Us losing a first or second after essentially letting Assante walk after this season could be devastating especially with Moss, Stallworth, Washington all on 1 year contracts.

Your point is the most intriguing one to me in this thread. You've picked up on the fact that BB's statement this morning mentioned "Interpretation" of that rule.

That word set off all kinds of sirens - - meaning he feels he has an argument to pursue.

Could get interesting.

sure i do, typical fan who calls out other players and teams but not his own, especially the key members of his organization.

it's like clockwork

and you are the typical ignorant patriot-hater, who revels in any minor flaw that you see in the patriots. Knowing what Brady is going to do before he does it by purchasing tapes and learning his calls, audibles etc... is a lot worse than taping defensive calls during a game.

The patriots broke a rule however and should be punished but keep the damn thing in perspective. The rule they broke should be punished closer to bashing the refs publicly rather than how some of you are forcing yourselves to believe the pats have somehow affected the integrity of the game.

Get the hell over it. Everyone steals signs, and the dolphins legally bought tape that gave them foreknowledge of all of Brady's audibles etc.. allowing them to know exactly what was coming on game day. What the dolphins did affected the game, what the pats did affected nothing.

Quit trying to make this into something it is not like the rest of the patriot-hating media/fans.

There is absolutely no doubt Bill has a dagger in his back and no one to help pull it out right now - its very sad because hes one hell of a coach.

It's tragic. Belichick is a hero with a tragic flaw.

so what did king actually say ? the first post says BB could be suspended and another poster down mentions king said BB probably wont be suspended. Which is true ?

It's tragic. Belichick is a hero with a tragic flaw.

Oh please, Marino pretty much said that Miami stole signals all the time. Since Marino played for only one team, and the vast majority of the time Don Shula was the head coach, are you saying Shula is one step below Belichick.

and if it wasn't the pats, and let's say the colts, you'd be all for throwing the book at them

I know for a fact that I wouldn't, and I suspect some of my fellow Pats fans wouldn't, either. I'd think it was completely ridiculously overboard and hypocritical.

Punishment? Deserved. But this crap is way, WAY over the top considering everyone else is doing it, and HAS been for literally decades. It's absurd. And I would say so for other teams, as well - which is not so much a testament to my being a fair-minded person and much more a statement on how obviously an F-ing overreach this situation has become.

Last edited:
mmmm...but now we have a dictator as commish so he won't take it easy on us with a 3rd rounder.

Goodell is there because Kraft wanted him there...............

HUGE fine, 2 picks (2nd or 3rd and a 5th)..........

The remotest possibility that he get's a token 1 game suspension (on friday, after all the game work is done), but I doubt it.

Kraft told him, make it hurt, but don't **** with our season over this....... or we can blow the lid of all the ugliness in this league and .............. we destroy your CBA and league parity.

Goodell, like a lap dog, will obey. It's one thing to flex muscles against players, it's another to bring the most successful NFL PRODUCT in the last decade to its knee's over this.

and you are the typical ignorant patriot-hater, who revels in any minor flaw that you see in the patriots. Knowing what Brady is going to do before he does it by purchasing tapes and learning his calls, audibles etc... is a lot worse than taping defensive calls during a game.

The patriots broke a rule however and should be punished but keep the damn thing in perspective. The rule they broke should be punished closer to bashing the refs publicly rather than how some of you are forcing yourselves to believe the pats have somehow affected the integrity of the game.

Get the hell over it. Everyone steals signs, and the dolphins legally bought tape that gave them foreknowledge of all of Brady's audibles etc.. allowing them to know exactly what was coming on game day. What the dolphins did affected the game, what the pats did affected nothing.

Quit trying to make this into something it is not like the rest of the patriot-hating media/fans.
making it into something it's not....like what pats fans would do if it was one of their rivals....thanks for proving my point

yeah i'm such a pats hater....as witnessed by all my other posts about the pats before this happened....

i'm just telling you what you're going to be labled as forever now, cause it's what will happen, and the ironic thing is , alot of you NE fans used to love playing the label game...until it's turned on you....

that's funny irony

I know for a fact that I wouldn't, and I suspect some of my fellow Pats fans wouldn't, either. I'd think it was completely ridiculously overboard and hypocritical.

Punishment? Deserved. But this crap is way, WAY over the top considering everyone else is doing it, and HAS been for literally decades. It's absurd. And I would say so for other teams, as well - which is not so much a testament to my being a fair-minded person and much more a statement on how obviously an F-ing overreach this situation has become.
but many pats fans do this same thing to their rivals

that is just 100% fact

so what did king actually say ? the first post says BB could be suspended and another poster down mentions king said BB probably wont be suspended. Which is true ?

From what I took of it I heard King say a 1 game suspension is a possibility - but not definate,He did not rule out suspension,and neither do I considering Goodell's previous punishments.

i'm just telling you what you're going to be labled as forever now, cause it's what will happen
I don't give a crap. All I can control is what I think - I don't care what you or your types think. If we had, say, paid off a ref then I would bury my head in shame. We didn't cheat - we broke a minor rule. Nothing more nothing less.

making it into something it's not....like what pats fans would do if it was one of their rivals....thanks for proving my point

yeah i'm such a pats hater....as witnessed by all my other posts about the pats before this happened....

i'm just telling you what you're going to be labled as forever now, cause it's what will happen, and the ironic thing is , alot of you NE fans used to love playing the label game...until it's turned on you....

that's funny irony

Ok so the dolphins beat us BECAUSE they bought tape from another company and knew all of Brady's calls last year. Why won't you delusional pats-haters stop with the "what if", "pats fans would" crap when we've already reacted to something WORSE than this, but along the same lines as it. We were a little upset over the Miami thing, got over it and moved on. We didn't call for miami's head, we didn't start questioning every single game ever, we didn't get overworked or anything.

It was unfair and ****ty but ahh well what ya gonna do, we moved on. Talked about it for a couple days and then focused on the next game.

So don't dare come in here saying "ke what pats fans would do if it was one of their rivals" when we've already proven we have NOT gone overboard on **** like this.

But hey don't let facts get in the way of your fantasy that the Pats aren't really a great dynasty or anything

I agree. The most likely punishment is a 2nd and a 5th, with addition of a fine and secret probation. This will affect the patriots very little. It really is important to suspend Belichick if he knew what was going on.

I think King is probably going to be right. It is going to be a second rounder and a second day pick. That is the most likely way to punish the Pats competitively. Suspending Belichick for two games will not have that much of an effect.

I don't give a crap. All I can control is what I think - I don't care what you or your types think. If we had, say, paid off a ref then I would bury my head in shame. We didn't cheat - we broke a minor rule. Nothing more nothing less.
exactly, that's why i told the pony to have some balls and just deal with it...but he wants to 'burn down the nfl' lol

I agree. The most likely punishment is a 2nd and a 5th, with addition of a fine and secret probation. This will affect the patriots very little. It really is important to suspend Belichick if he knew what was going on.
Suspend him for what ? Disobeying a rule ? If he had cheated, yes.

Anyway, as much as I'd hate to lose a #2, the Raiders' #3 is practically the same so we'd still be in excellent shape.

Ok so the dolphins beat us BECAUSE they bought tape from another company and knew all of Brady's calls last year. Why won't you delusional pats-haters stop with the "what if", "pats fans would" crap when we've already reacted to something WORSE than this, but along the same lines as it. We were a little upset over the Miami thing, got over it and moved on. We didn't call for miami's head, we didn't start questioning every single game ever, we didn't get overworked or anything.

It was unfair and ****ty but ahh well what ya gonna do, we moved on. Talked about it for a couple days and then focused on the next game.

So don't dare come in here saying "ke what pats fans would do if it was one of their rivals" when we've already proven we have NOT gone overboard on **** like this.

But hey don't let facts get in the way of your fantasy that the Pats aren't really a great dynasty or anything
obviously you've moved on from it :rolleyes:

You know its getting a bit ridiculous hearing "the whole league is doing it why not us" crap.

Lets face it because other teams do it does not make it right? - correct?

Breaking the rulles is not right? - Correct?

Then why make it out to be this ******ed,"well they are all doing it why can't we stuff "

We got caught and have to pay the penalty,theother teams did not

Frankly I think the whole idea was absolutely crazy by BB and staff to come up with this idea,after all is this team not one of the best this year? - Why steal signals when this team can beat anyone without any help?

And more impotantly,Why the freakin lowly Jets?

Does BB not have faith in the offensive juggernaut that we apparently have and that we don't need to read Jets defensive schemes because we can beat them deep anyways?

I will never understand why this happened - Its absolutely mind boggling

Last year with that pathetic WR corps I can see him trying to gain an upper hand but not with this offensive group,We don't need signal help.

Someone please reason with me here and make me understand with such an awesome Offensive team why spy to get an advantage? - we don't need to.

If the wording of the policy is vague and cause for discrepency as BB suggests then I don't see how punishing the Pats in any way is just. Whoever OK'd the policy should be fired instead.

"1. Page 105 of the Game Operations manual says: "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." It later says: "All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

2. And, a memo from Ray Anderson, NFL head of football operations, to head coaches and GMs on Sept. 6, 2006 said: "Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

I don't see how we talk ourselves out of the bolded parts. Although if someone can explain it I would love to hear it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes