PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King, when asked if BB feels "pressure" to use all his draft picks this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Peter King, when asked if BB feels "pressure" to use all his draft picks this yea

No.

BB4Prez hit the nail on the head. Your modus operandi is to make statements without giving rational.

It's empty and worthless.

No, Shmessy.... my modus operandi is to give reasoned arguments when warranted. Your modus operandi is to troll my posts because that's really all you're capable of.

Last edited:
Re: Peter King, when asked if BB feels "pressure" to use all his draft picks this yea

If Belichick felt the pressure of anything, what the hell would even indicate that he would ever tell a media guy?

I hope to God he for once, at least drafts one pass rusher. Come on Bill, please gimmie a pass rushah.

If you watched the game, you know that the defense failed to stop the Giants down the stretch, which is what I posted. Therefore, you know that part of my comment was correct.

I'm sorry that you can't handle that.

Furthermore, we were in the midst of discussing the problems with the drafting strategy, and I was noting the issues with the defensive drafting that led to the safety/corner situation, among others. I'm sorry if you couldn't figure that out. Perhaps remedial English would be a good idea for you.

1) That Patriots defense put in the best performance of any of the 4 defenses that faced the iants during this year's playoffs.

They weren't the problem.

2) The problem with the secondary was that BB jettisoned a seasoned and clutch leader in James Sanders for nothing in return and couldn't close on the Dashon Goldson courtship during the summer. Nothing to do with the draft.

Last edited:

Bingo.

If someone told me before the SB that the Pats defense would give up 21 points to the Giants, I would gladly grab that scenario.

That was the least the Giants scored in the playoffs other than during a storm outdoors in SF against the best D in the NFL. And THAT was merely one point less.

The Patriots D put in the BEST performance of any of the 4 teams that faced the Giants in the playoffs.

Anyone stating that the Pats giving up 21 points to the Giants in a dome as the reason why they lost should have their heads examined.

Weren't most people picking the score to be in the high 20's? Some Pats fans (me) were thinking 33-23 type of separation. My point is - the D did their job in keeping the Giants in check and almost even turned them over (save for a few bone head mistakes like 12 men or Ninko's Offsides).

1) That Patriots defense put in the best performance of any of the 4 defenses that faced the iants during this year's playoffs.

Look through everything I've posted since the Super Bowl. Find where I ever said that the defense was "the problem".

In fact, I noted that all 4 phases of the game had issues that led to the loss. I have deliberately avoided blaming any phase of the game. The closest to any "blame" that I've given is to say that Welker should have made the catch.

2) The problem with the secondary was that BB jettisoned a seasoned and clutch leader in James Sanders for nothing in return and couldn't close on the Dashon Goldson courtship during the summer. Nothing to do with the draft.

This might be true if there were only one problem with the secondary. Since that's not the case, you're talking out of your backside, which is another part of your modus operandi.

Look through everything I've posted since the Super Bowl. Find where I ever said that the defense was "the problem".

In fact, I noted that all 4 phases of the game had issues that led to the loss. I have deliberately avoided blaming any phase of the game. The closest to any "blame" that I've given is to say that Welker should have made the catch.

"This team just got beat largely because it had a bunch of steaming piles all over the defensive side of the ball and couldn't stop a struggling Giants team down the stretch."

Look up the word "because". You can find it in a dictionary. Just ask one of your nurses.

Last edited:

"This team just got beat largely because it had a bunch of steaming piles all over the defensive side of the ball and couldn't stop a struggling Giants team down the stretch."

Look up the word "because". You can find it in a dictionary. Just ask one of your nurses.

Look up the word "Largely". You'll find that "largely" is not "entirely" or "the problem". There was blame enough to go around, but the "beat" happened with 2 things:

1.) Inability to stop Giants last drive when the Patriots had the lead.

2.) Inability to retake lead after Giants scored go ahead TD.

Again, the difference between "largely" and "the problem"/"entirely"/"to blame".

Last edited:

I like this years draft talent so i feel this will be a good draft regardless of how where we pick. I just hope we don't squander anymore picks on has-beens. I didn't expect much from ocho the moment I heard rumors of his arrival here but he didn't even come close to the low expectations I placed on him. Better yet, BB should be banned from trading for players during training camp altogether. That should prevent anymore ochos, haynesworths, and derrick burgess from coming here.

When did they trade for Ted Washington?

Sorry, but I do not see how one can logically argue that the trade down/accumulate picks philosophy is inferior (or superior for that matter). To make any kind of conclusion, you would have to know with certainty what player the team would have drafted and how that player would have performed in this system. It would surprise me very much if the Patriots haven't looked at this internally when evaluating their own performance in this area, but they would be the only people with the information needed to do this in a way that is at all meaningful.

By the way, saying that the team should have drafted another player (one that we all know in hindsight has performed well) doesn't make the argument valid and borders on being intellectually dishonest.

There is considerable circumstantial evidence that the team's personnel evalution procedures work quite well. Just look at the record.

If Belichick felt the pressure of anything, what the hell would even indicate that he would ever tell a media guy?

I hope to God he for once, at least drafts one pass rusher. Come on Bill, please gimmie a pass rushah.

He would say Jermaine Cunningham was drafted as a pass rusher, so was Crable.

What you want is a PREMIUM Passrusher, for that he needs to trade up, not down, which he won't do, so stalemate. Get ready for Ninkovich show once again in 2012

Well I think that the trade down philosophy has actually worked pretty well. The one big hole I think it has left is a real stud pass rusher. Those guys are first and foremost physical specimens which is in part why they are so successful early in their careers. You can get a FA but not that often and will not often get one of these guys down there at the 75th pick.

I don't know why BB is so resistant to getting a stud DLman in the draft. It is one of those places where a guy can come in and have an immediate impact on your team However based on recent experience it just seems like Bill refuses to go there.

I don't know why he waived Sanders, but I'm fairly sure he tried to find a trade first.

Defensive front 7 in the first few rounds, lots of em...

Why? Aside from DE and OLB, our front seven is fine.

In all, I'd prefer to see safety and WR addressed through free agency. CB, OLB, and DE should be dealt with through the draft.

EDIT: For those of you who haven't seen a lot of Brandon Boykin, these are the highlights of the last game of his college career: Brandon Boykin vs Michigan State - YouTube

Thanks for the youtube on Boykin. It's fun watching these guys and imagining them as Patriots.

In the draft, I agree with King about the stupid "feel pressure" question, but think the Patriots will do the least trading down of any draft due to the new CBA. If anything, he may trade up. OL and DL will be the top two picks. The geezers need to be replaced.

The Patriots are best at developing line talent so rookies is the way to go. I think they'll grab a WR in the draft and bring in guys who fit their salary slot at WR - probably two or three as always.

At RB, my guess is that BJGE is back and we'll see a draftee and maybe another old-timer get a shot at the roster.

Why? Aside from DE and OLB, our front seven is fine.

I'd like to see them go for game changers at DE/DT and keep Deadrick, Pryor and Love as great backups in a rotation.

Wilfork too is being worked hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back