PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King Week 3 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
FanNation | The Peter King Challenge

Atlanta Falcons (2-0) at New England Patriots (1-1)

Talking to Kerry Rhodes after the Jets' beatdown of the Pats, I made this point: New York threw seven, five and six rushers at Brady on the last three Patriots' snaps of the game, and Brady never knew where the rush was coming from. "And on the plays we only rushed three or four, he didn't know if we had more coming, because different guys were coming from different spots all game,'' he said. Now, I think Patriots Nation has to realize the sky is not falling based on eight C-minus quarters so far. But I also think Atlanta makes enough plays with an efficient quarterback (Matt Ryan has studied all aspects of Brady's game, by the way) to outplay Brady in Foxboro.
i mean i know the jets had a great plan and all but its being portrayed that this has been never seen before by brady and the pats ever....

I think its safe to say were underdogs again...Thank God!:D

Think Peter King is wrong..

The Pats have had 7 C- quarters. The 4th quarter of the Bills game was A+.

Love to disagree with him, but after last week, the Falcons look like a safer pick. Here's to being proven wrong.

I can't think of a time when there was a legit possibility that we could lose to the Falcons. Now that seems possible. Two years ago, people were rooting for this Matt Ryan kid. Now, i hope he eats dirt.

why is it people keep refering the the Jets victory over the Pats as a "beatdown"? I know the Pats were favored, but the Jets really only had 2 drives that whole game and if Brady hits on open reciever or two, the outcome would have been different. I'd hardly call it a beatdown. But should I expect less from a guy who thinks that Brett Favre is the 5th best QB of all time.

Last edited:
i dont really get the whole "beatdown" thing. We looked bad, but we only lost by a touchdown. I love how every media outlet (including ours) has a hard-on for the Pats.

I welcome the lowered expectations. It would be nice to get to a point where losing a close game is not equated with football apocalypse.

I like this matchup for us. Their defense is not that great, they have a powerful offense that will test our secondary plenty but I think we are good there.

I see a very high scoring game and I think we can outshoot them by 11.

SO now, according to Petey, a 7-pt loss on the road is a "beat down".

i mean i know the jets had a great plan and all but its being portrayed that this has been never seen before by brady and the pats ever....

And what is this about a beatdown. King should check some scores from 07 if he wants to know what a beatdown is.

They lost by 7 freaking points!!!

Actually, it seems King is being generous. Much of what I've read since TSBTSNBN, a 3 point loss in the final minute is a beatdown, so technically, a 7 point loss in the Jets SB is an ass-kicking of epic proportions!

Thanks for taking it easy on the Pats by only calling it a beatdown, Pete! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And what is this about a beatdown. King should check some scores from 07 if he wants to know what a beatdown is.

They lost by 7 freaking points!!!

Zero touchdowns by our Pats and blitz, blitz, blitz by the Jets felt like a beat down to me. They mocked us all week before the game. They mocked us during the game. They mocked us after the game.

Hopefully, we'll return the beat down when they come to Foxboro.

I got to the word "beatdown" and then stopped reading.

Since when is a TD margin of victory a "beatdown" ???

Such thin skin.

The "beatdown" is most likely reference to Brady being hit 23 times not the final score.

Last edited:
I not only think we will beat the Falcons but I don't think it will be close.
This teams manhood is being challenged by the media and I think they're taking great offense to it behind closed doors of course. They played the Jets on the road with a short week to prepare.
The Patriots are home, they've had a full week to prepare and they will beat the Falcons in a game that will not be close.

Last edited:
Zero touchdowns by our Pats and blitz, blitz, blitz by the Jets felt like a beat down to me. They mocked us all week before the game. They mocked us during the game. They mocked us after the game.

Hopefully, we'll return the beat down when they come to Foxboro.

This. As painful as it is to swallow.

The Jets have a great defense, that's what happened Sunday.

The Falcons do not have a great defense.

If throwing out 5-6 rushers per play could consistently stop an elite passing game, every team would do it. You have to have great pass rushers, great coverage, and a team smart enough playing a scheme confusing enough make the QB guess wrong.

The Falcons defense won't even come close to matching what the Jets did. Abraham might get a hit or two in, but they don't have the talent to cause that kind of havoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down