PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King Week 1 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocho was 20th in receiving yards and 26th in catches. That is not a good #1. Oh yeah and he was under 600 yards the year before so I dont know what you are talking about with trending up, he has had 2 subpar years in a row that didnt approach what he did when he was a good #1.

Youve got to be kidding, right?

How is 1000 yards worst than 600 yards.

I have no idea what Miles Austin has to do with Owens skills eroding to where he is a below avg #2, but thats what he is.

The fact that Owens attitude made teams wary of signing him is irrelevant and has nothing to do with his skill. Hes found a home in Cinci and seems happy.

Owens is a possession WR anymore which is fine because he replaces Housh.

Also not sure what our TEs have to do with it, but I wouldnt be using them as a reason we are an unstoppable passing offense.

They are rookies like Shipley and Gresham.

PFT said he was on an upward trend, yet that is false. From 2002 to 2007 he had more yardage than he has had the last 2 years.

To say he is on the rise because he somewhat bounced back from an awful 2008 last year (yet still hasn't returned to previous form) is just dumb, so I don't know what you or PFT are talking about.

Last edited:
PFT said he was on an upward trend, yet that is false. From 2002 to 2007 he had more yardage than he has had the last 2 years.

To say he is on the rise because he somewhat bounced back from an awful 2008 last year (yet still hasn't returned to previous form) is just dumb, so I don't know what you or PFT are talking about.

I dont read PFT

So, youre saying he had more yardage in 6 seasons than in the last 2 seasons. Too funny.

You cant make this stuff up.

Its nothing like that because they are different players.

Moss is not ancient an unhappy is a ridiculous comment, unless you know him personally. Welker is rehabbing(I think thats what you meant) and we do have 2 rookie TEs.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that the Bengals receving corps is average at best compared to the rest of the NFL.
Why is a problem to say it is what it is?

I know my statements were ridiculous, that was my point. You can't call TO and Ochocinco "Average". They aren't top 3 or 4 recievers anymore, but they are still dangerous.

TO is still a big threat in the red zone, and ocho is a fast and runs good routes. You combine that with a very good running game, and they are an effective offense.

Jets defense last year struggled greatly against their running attack, as did Baltimore, Pittsburg and almost everyone else.

I told myself last season I was going to stop reading all these expert picks columns like Peter King, ESPN, etc, etc, yet there I was reading King's picks a few minutes ago. :bricks:

I know my statements were ridiculous, that was my point. You can't call TO and Ochocinco "Average". They aren't top 3 or 4 recievers anymore, but they are still dangerous.

TO is still a big threat in the red zone, and ocho is a fast and runs good routes. You combine that with a very good running game, and they are an effective offense.

Jets defense last year struggled greatly against their running attack, as did Baltimore, Pittsburg and almost everyone else.
Average is what they are.
I cant help it if you want to have a different definition of average than as many teams are better than are worse, but thats what it is.

The fact that Owens attitude made teams wary of signing him is irrelevant and has nothing to do with his skill. Hes found a home in Cinci and seems happy.

Owens is a possession WR anymore which is fine because he replaces Housh.

They are rookies like Shipley and Gresham.
No 1000 isnt less than 600 but the receiving yard Ocho had in 2008 were.
Owens attitude has nothing to do with it. His eroding skills do. What does 'finding a home and being happy' have to do with how well he can play at this stage of his career?
I realize that both teams have rookies, i don't get the connection to why the Patriots have rookies applies to you overrating a receving corps because of rookies,

I dont read PFT

So, youre saying he had more yardage in 6 seasons than in the last 2 seasons. Too funny.

You cant make this stuff up.
Dude, you have to pay attention to what people write.
Each of his 6 seasons from 2002-2007 were way, way better than each of his last 2.
Its easy, just go look at the numbers and you will understand what people are educating you on.

Ahhh, where do people get their AFC North scouting expertise?

The 2009, 10-6 "playoff" Bengals won the division by going 6-0 in the division. Basic math says that means 4-6 outside to include victories over KC, Detroit, Chicago, and Green Bay.

Last year:
From Football outsiders WR stats

Terrel Owens: -14.8%, 69th
Chad Ochocinco: 9.7%, 27th

Chad Ochocinco is a decent but not great #1. Hes probably lower than he should be because Palmer isn't what he was before he blew the knee. TO, on the other hand, is a #3, so as a whole, average is probably kind.

Last year:
From Football outsiders WR stats

Terrel Owens: -14.8%, 69th
Chad Ochocinco: 9.7%, 27th

Chad Ochocinco is a decent but not great #1. Hes probably lower than he should be because Palmer isn't what he was before he blew the knee. TO, on the other hand, is a #3, so as a whole, average is probably kind.

I'm sure Moss would look very much like a #3 reciever he was playing on Buffalo last year as well.

I'm sure Moss would look very much like a #3 reciever he was playing on Buffalo last year as well.

So what was his excuse in 2008?

Owens just isn't good anymore. Hes slower, he drops too many balls, and he starting to lose his ability to get open.

No 1000 isnt less than 600 but the receiving yard Ocho had in 2008 were.

On a graph his numbers are in an upward trend. Its very simple.

Get yourself a blank sheet of paper and chart it out.

Owens attitude has nothing to do with it. His eroding skills do. What does 'finding a home and being happy' have to do with how well he can play at this stage of his career?

Once again, Owens is a possession WR at this point of his career.

Youre oblivious to the fact that Palmer is better than any Buffalo QB.

I realize that both teams have rookies, i don't get the connection to why the Patriots have rookies applies to you overrating a receving corps because of rookies,

Again, its very simple.

NE's TEs will have an impact this season in the passing game.

The play this preseason that gives me great hope and expectations was the one in the third game where Gronk broke straight off the line downfield and BURIED the helpless safety while Crumpler ran a short curl and followed Gronk downfield for twenty plus yards. These are two very large men with bad intent.

He has the Texans beating the Colts....yeah. Right.

Dude, you have to pay attention to what people write.
Each of his 6 seasons from 2002-2007 were way, way better than each of his last 2.
Its easy, just go look at the numbers and you will understand what people are educating you on.

DUH, Johnson was injured in 2008. Palmer was hurt too.

Do you even follow the NFL?

On a graph his numbers are in an upward trend. Its very simple.

Get yourself a blank sheet of paper and chart it out.
OK a 1400 yard receiver goes to 500 then 1000 and you call that an upward trend. You are just joking because its easier than admitting you are wrong, right?

Once again, Owens is a possession WR at this point of his career.

Youre oblivious to the fact that Palmer is better than any Buffalo QB.
What is a 'possession receiver'. Is that code for old and slow? How does a receiver who drops more balls than anyone become a possession receiver?
Being washed up isnt mutually exclusive with playing for a team with a bad QB, and going to one with an average QB doesnt usually change that much. Let me guess, next you are going to say Palmer is a top 10 QB:rolleyes:

Again, its very simple.

NE's TEs will have an impact this season in the passing game.
Do you want to make a point soon?
You are arguing that the Bengals have a very good WR corps.
So far your argument consists of:
Ochos below average production for a #1 WR is good because it was better than the year before when he couldnt manage 600 yards.
Owens is good because you renamed him 'possession'
The 2 rookies are good because the Patriots have rookie TEs who will catch some passes.

With this standard, we can induct about 700 current NFL players into Canton tomorrow,

DUH, Johnson was injured in 2008. Palmer was hurt too.

Do you even follow the NFL?
He wasnt injured the entire season, and when he played his production was much less than last years #20 ranking.

What is your point?
Are you trying to say that because he missed a few games he didnt have to produce in 2008 to be considered an above average NUMBER ONE RECEIVER, or that 20th in yards is good for a #1?
You argued before that he is improving because of 2008s pathetic #s (even though he didnt come close in 2009 to what he did the prior 6 years) and now you are saying 2008 doesnt count????????

He didnt with Matt Cassell the year before.

Owens was having problems in his last year in Dallas too. He's just not that good anymore. TOo old and slow, alligator arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back