PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King Week 1 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we not at home? Are we not relatively healthy with time to plan? Have we not seen Chad and TO way to much on television?

I like this recipe.

I agree with others saying predicting how the patriots will look week 1 is exceedingly difficult.

I can see this game going either way but I think the bengals are a little overrated. They came out of no where last year and dominated their division so people are high on them.

Palmer has never been the same since his knee injury, and I think the pats have enough on offense to beat them.

The biggest thing the pats need to do is stop the run and get their offense back on the field.

This team will have its fair share of losses this season, no doubt about it. I'm predicting 6 losses.

Many will panic but long-time fans understand that the goal is making the playoffs as healthy as possible - at that point quality depth will pay off and it's a whole new season.

Well said Joe

This Bengals game could very well be one of those losses. This game will much tougher than some fans think. TO, 85, Jordon Shipley and Jermaine Gresham isnt a bad receiving core at all.

Pats should have signed TO. He will be the difference.

Unless the D can somehow get pressure on Palmer. Little pass rush in the preseason has me concerned but it is preseason.

Well said Joe

This Bengals game could very well be one of those losses. This game will much tougher than some fans think. TO, 85, Jordon Shipley and Jermaine Gresham isnt a bad receiving core at all.
I can think of more that are better than that than are worse.
You've got Ocho whose production has declined, an over the hill WR who no one wanted, and 2 rookies. Not scaring me. If we struggle with them, thats not a good sign.

The biggest thing the pats need to do is stop the run and get their offense back on the field.

Yup and NE needs Taylor, Morris and Faulk to come up big on the ground to keep the NE defense off the field.

Not exactly the script i was looking for--miami and jets win and pats lose.

AndyJohnson said:
You've got Ocho whose production has declined, an over the hill WR who no one wanted, and 2 rookies. Not scaring me. If we struggle with them, thats not a good sign.

Dismissing the bengals like that is like saying the pats have an ancient unhappy moss, a still rehanging welker and some rookie tes. While technically true it doesn't reflect their threat level.

The bengals wr aren't world beaters anymore but they have a very good proven run game to go along with.

fxkane said:
Not exactly the script i was looking for--miami and jets win and pats lose.
I wouldn't worry about the jets winning. I think Balt is gonna beat us pretty badly.

"85" had 1047 yds, 9 TDs and 14.5 ypc. This is a bad season? His numbers are actually in an upward trend if put on a graph.

Chad Ochocinco NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Nobody wanted Miles Austin either. Its Owens last stop and hes better than what Cinci had last year. Buffalo has no QB, so TO is bound to have a better season with Palmer.

Hernandez and Gronowski are both rookies who the Pats are counting on big.

This game is no slam dunk.

"85" had 1047 yds, 9 TDs and 14.5 ypc. This is a bad season? His numbers are actually in an upward trend if put on a graph.

Nobody wanted Miles Austin either. Its Owens last stop and hes better than what Cinci had last year. Buffalo has no QB, so TO is bound to have a better season with Palmer.

i agree no game this yr is a slam dunk, but id rather face a team with above avg offense and below avg defense than the other way around

for the obvious reason that well be counting on the offense to do the heavy lifting

bengals corners are pretty decent so will be a test for our offense.

But their front isn't. They, like us, had trouble getting at the passer. It TFB has time, he will shred this defense, decent corners and all. It's gonna take 30+ for the Bengals if they wanna win.

King got all three of those wrong.

I look for a fairly easy win by the Bills, at home. They have a farily good history, I believe, when they open at home in front of thousands of rabid fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills split (at least) against the Jets and Dolphins.

Peter King is god awful at picking. Actually, he's terrible in nearly every aspect of football knowledge. He's a decent enough writer and isn't too bad when he gets on TV either, but you just have to understand that he doesn't know what he's talking about for the most part and you'll feel alot better.

I don't know what I think are/were worse, Peter King's picks or Dr. Z's picks in the last few years of his career.

Dismissing the bengals like that is like saying the pats have an ancient unhappy moss, a still rehanging welker and some rookie tes. While technically true it doesn't reflect their threat level.

The bengals wr aren't world beaters anymore but they have a very good proven run game to go along with.

Their ground game was running on fumes for the last few weeks of last season. They're really not that great. If we lose to them I'll be worried.

Its nothing like that because they are different players.

Moss is not ancient an unhappy is a ridiculous comment, unless you know him personally. Welker is rehabbing(I think thats what you meant) and we do have 2 rookie TEs.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that the Bengals receving corps is average at best compared to the rest of the NFL.
Why is a problem to say it is what it is?

We will put up more than 20 points on Cinci at home. King is putting too much credence in the TO factor.

Ocho was 20th in receiving yards and 26th in catches. That is not a good #1. Oh yeah and he was under 600 yards the year before so I dont know what you are talking about with trending up, he has had 2 subpar years in a row that didnt approach what he did when he was a good #1.
I have no idea what Miles Austin has to do with Owens skills eroding to where he is a below avg #2, but thats what he is.

Also not sure what our TEs have to do with it, but I wouldnt be using them as a reason we are an unstoppable passing offense.

The thing with the Pats-Bengals game is that we know what we've got on our side, but no one knows what the Bengals have. They've yet to put two solid years back to back. Of course, their defense is better than it has been in a long time, but there are too many iffy pieces on that team. No one knows which team Palmer will decide to throw to this season. They've got some divas on that team, and one teeny thing can send them in a downward spiral like past years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back