PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King thinks Orton may be the next Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orton win 10 game's as a rookie for the bears how did that work out for him

Kyle Orton has been a game manager on team's with good defense

when and if he every get's a ring then they can talk about him being the next great QB

Watch him throw up a stinker this week. I'm so amused each week at the number of people that make long term predictions on a season....now even a career based on the performance in the last game or so that's been played. What will it be next week, that Brayland Edwards will lead the league in touchdowns this year?

Orton will have a stinker against the Chargers this week...no way Denver wins this division by more than 2 games IF they win it at all and this week SD closes the gap.

San Diego STILL has a very good team capable of beating ANY team at any time.

They scored 20 pts, which is exactly their average per game, yet they only give up 8.5 per game on defense. Actually does sound similar to 2001 Tom Brady

Orton has a passer rating of about 100. A 5-0 record--
7 TD's and 1 INT
approx. 1300 yards passing total (more than Brady) which averages to 250 a game. A long TD of 87 yards, and drives of 98 and 92 yards this season.

And they put up close to 450 total yards, almost 40 min TOP.

I'm not saying he's the second coming of Joe Montana, but he's more than getting the job done.

Comparison's to Brady are not accurate as a whole, but his comaprison was to 2001 Tom Brady.

Orton will have a stinker against the Chargers this week...no way Denver wins this division by more than 2 games IF they win it at all and this week SD closes the gap.

San Diego STILL has a very good team capable of beating ANY team at any time.

i disagree, SD is done for the season, they have no playmaking WR's, they have no RB's, and they have no defense

Either Orton is next TB or PATs defense was just bad.
Orton looked real good. His accuracy was better than Tom's
and he was decisive. The one Int he got was a hail mary int.

Come on guys ... he picked our defense clean. Threw 48 times and
completed over 70%. Lead his team on a 90+ yd TD drive.
He made PATs pass D look like CRAP!
I wish McD kept Cutler.

As of Now this is the team that should be SB favorites!
I might even make a bet. 2001 PATs in a re-make!

They scored 20 pts, which is exactly their average per game, yet they only give up 8.5 per game on defense. Actually does sound similar to 2001 Tom Brady

Orton has a passer rating of about 100. A 5-0 record--
7 TD's and 1 INT
approx. 1300 yards passing total (more than Brady) which averages to 250 a game. A long TD of 87 yards, and drives of 98 and 92 yards this season.

And they put up close to 450 total yards, almost 40 min TOP.

I'm not saying he's the second coming of Joe Montana, but he's more than getting the job done.

Comparison's to Brady are not accurate as a whole, but his comaprison was to 2001 Tom Brady.

These new quarterbacks with thier new team the past few years have been incredibly successful...Looks like you could add Chad Henne to that list soon

Orton is a good Qb in a good system. Making peace with Marshall was a smart move by McD.

These new quarterbacks with thier new team the past few years have been incredibly successful...Looks like you could add Chad Henne to that list soon

Yes, Chad Henne is probably on the list also at this point. Starts his career off 2-0 against divisional opponents. Accurate. Not making mistakes, turning the ball over, etc. Letting his defense and running game do most of the work, while making short accuarte throws, that are high percentage. A defintion of 'game manager' at its best.

He started all 4 yrs at a good QB school, and put up good numbers. Long gone are the days where the new QB sits on the bench I guess. They have become decent game managers, and that's pretty much what 2001 Brady was too.

Although I do disagree with the early annointment however, but you certainly can't fault Orton at this point. He has looked just fine. even if they go 6-5 down the stretch, they still end up 11-5--which is exactly what Brady led the 2001 Pats to.

Orton is a good Qb in a good system. Making peace with Marshall was a smart move by McD.

Josh isnt dumb...he got rid of cutler cuz he didnt think cutler was gonna be good

we ALL knew marshall was good

if cutler had played that game, we would have won

if brandon had not, again we would have won

Would you trade Brady even up for Orton for the rest of the year?
Theoretically, of course.

I would. No more overthrows of Moss, we'd win the SB.

That is with McDaniels coaching him.

Last edited:
Would you trade Brady even up for Orton for the rest of the year?
Theoretically, of course.

I would. No more overthrows of Moss, we'd win the SB.

That is with McDaniels coaching him.

if the patriots theoretically traded brady for orton. moss would theoretically commit harikari.

This thread should be locked and deleted. A theory this pathetic doesn't even deserve the hits the OP is giving it.

It isn't even an argument. The difference between Brady and Orton is that Brady is a good quarterback.

*clicks the link*

************, King. Come on now. Orton is decent, but he's nothing but a placeholder until Josh drafts the quarterback he wants (who is probably coming out this year). He's a placeholder that won't throw the game away for you. He's patient and takes what the defense gives him, but shouldn't be counted on to lead you from behind late in the 4th quarter of every game he's in, despite what he did this past week.

Yeah, Orton is a placeholder who hits everything he throws and is 5-0. Brady is GOAT who can't hit moss if his life depended on it.

Maybe Brady USED to be good, but doesn't seem like it anymore. Right now, Orton is playing lights out, way ahead of Brady. It's not even debateable. Yeah, placeholder. Guy who won't "lose" the game, as opposed to Brady, guy who will overthrow Moss and miss a wide open Welker. A guy who WILL lose the game.

I hope Brady gets his act together, but right now it's not even close and only a homer wouldn't see that, let alone think it's stupid.

Peter King needs to fill column space and attract eyeballs via controversey.

What Pissah said ................. :yeahthat:

Peter King is going to hard on the Geritol lately.

This is a good point and I was thinking something along those lines.

Josh McDaniel...is it possible he MADE Brady? And now that he's gone, Brady has regressed. Meanwhile McDaniel's latest protege is playing lights out.

Maybe Orton hadn't reached his "ceiling" before because he didn't have a knowledge QB coach like McDaniel (I know he's the head coach but I'm sure he points out flaws in his mechanics if he sees them).

Besides, even if Orton is "closer to his ceiling"...it looks like a PRETTY HIGH ceiling!! He outplayed Brady by a mile. What was he 80% passing?

LOL Josh was a personnel assistant in 2001 when he joined NE and a defensive assistant in 2002 and 2003 before being named QB's coach in 2004. By then Brady had two rings heading for 3. The QB's coach who commenced Brady's development died suddenly during camp in 2001. BB and Charlie Weis chose not to replace him at that point and shared QB coaching durties through 2003. You are so a troll...

Lol at Orton being even thought of as anything close to Brady.

I did see an outstanding performance at QB the weekend but it was Chad Henne. If he had said that he might be the next Tom Brady, I could see some merit in that but not Orton. What a ridiculous article.

I am hoping Brady becomes Brady here in the next few weeks.

King doesn't like Brady. I don't know if it's personal, or if there has been some incident between them in the past, but it's clear he's not a fan. He ranked him outside the top 10 in his list of all-time great QBs which is utterly ridiculous and there have been other slights over the years relating to his man love for the Manning family. Usually, after awhile, you can tell when there's an agenda much like Borges with BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back