PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King shows what I hate about the media's Manning/Brady Hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop reading columns from Peter King, Pete Prisco, Gregg Easterbrook, and all other national writers. Stop following Ben Vobin and Mike Florio on Twitter. Stop watching ESPN. Stop listening to Jim Rome, ESPN radio, and most Boston sports radio. Be happier.

Seriously, it works. I get most of my news from posters here...this is my first (and only) stop for Patriots talk. When you stop caring about the outside noise, you can have a better Patriots fan experience.

I could not agree more

I wouldn't even know that Peter King still has a MMQB column if people didn't keep posting it here.

I could not agree more
I know. I really look forward to the Monday morning SCORE football section in the Globe. Shank had his usual column with a negative headline. I never read a word of his, but read every other word in the entire section. I wasn't even tempted.

If you are one to get worked up about stupidity in the media, don't listen to the replay of this morning's Mike&Mike. Chris Carter was a cornucopia of idiocy: Dominic Raiola is an honorable guy, Revis had great players around him back when he was elite, blahdy blahdy blah.

I almost started feeling sorry for him until I realized that he's getting paid a lot of money to say stupid ****. I'd do that for half of his salary, ESPN!

Cris Carter is a fool. ESPN nor his salary made him a moron, he is a moron because Ohio State pushed him through classes and did all his homework for him, so that he could continue to play football and they could continue to temporarily make money off of him. It's that simple. ESPN only hired him because he was a former popular player and an idiot with a loud mouth that is constantly blabbing out stupidity to get someone's attention. I guess it works for some, I stopped watching Sunday Countdown, because I didn't find him, as much as he tries, to be as amusing as Michael Irvin.

Cris Carter is a fool. ESPN nor his salary made him a moron, he is a moron because Ohio State pushed him through classes and did all his homework for him, so that he could continue to play football and they could continue to temporarily make money off of him. It's that simple. ESPN only hired him because he was a former popular player and an idiot with a loud mouth that is constantly blabbing out stupidity to get someone's attention. I guess it works for some, I stopped watching Sunday Countdown, because I didn't find him, as much as he tries, to be as amusing as Michael Irvin.

Like father, like son

h7D59EF51

Well, I guess I am a glutton for punishment because I am listening to Bert Breer on Gresh and Zo and now he is saying that he thinks that the o-line problems and secondary problems that appeared yesterday were always a problem over the last 8 weeks, but the Pats just hid them well.

Not the biggest PK fan but he does give insight on other teams that we don't follow closely. He is correct about tonites game. It will be warm in Cincy and Manning will put up some yards and TD's. Don't count on any help from the Bungles for playoff seeding.

Stop reading columns from Peter King, Pete Prisco, Gregg Easterbrook, and all other national writers. Stop following Ben Vobin and Mike Florio on Twitter. Stop watching ESPN. Stop listening to Jim Rome, ESPN radio, and most Boston sports radio. Be happier.

Seriously, it works. I get most of my news from posters here...this is my first (and only) stop for Patriots talk. When you stop caring about the outside noise, you can have a better Patriots fan experience.
Totally agree.

Rob, stop torturing yourself, man. WGAF?

Rob, if a crazy ****er like me tells you you're crazy, you crazy. Please stop.

Although honestly I like the heads up on all the negativity without actually having to listen to it. So also keep it up!

I know. I really look forward to the Monday morning SCORE football section in the Globe. Shank had his usual column with a negative headline. I never read a word of his, but read every other word in the entire section. I wasn't even tempted.

Ah, not missing the Globe football coverage when I'm in Europe, except ... I used to play Shank Bingo. How many sentences into his story ostensibly about football could he get before throwing in a reference to baseball?

Well, I guess I am a glutton for punishment because I am listening to Bert Breer on Gresh and Zo and now he is saying that he thinks that the o-line problems and secondary problems that appeared yesterday were always a problem over the last 8 weeks, but the Pats just hid them well.

Talk about a hack.

How do you hide OL and Secondary problems for 8 weeks? They are either problems or they're not.

Rob, if a crazy ****er like me tells you you're crazy, you crazy. Please stop.

OT - my new dream - seeing/hearing you and Gronk perform a duet. Apparently this sausagey thing comes in both Jewish and Polish versions! And, yes, I'm taking advantage of a loophole to indulge my urge to post more lameness. This song has been earworming me lately, and it's all Padma's fault :p Also, judging from yesterday's overall forum mood, a bit of polka perkiness should be welcome...

[Mods: I will happily move this to PJ's 'wall' if need be, unless he says no, and I won't blame him! :D]

Last edited:
sad that we are so reliant on a former college QB.
more proof that brady is the GOAT

Talk about a hack.

How do you hide OL and Secondary problems for 8 weeks? They are either problems or they're not.

It's not like the Patriots played any decent teams over the last 8 weeks, either. Teams that could exploit those problems. :rolleyes:

I'm going to guess that Breer thought there were problems with the o-line during the first 4 games, also. That would mean the only time there weren't o-line and secondary problems was during games 5 through 7.

OT - my new dream - seeing/hearing you and Gronk perform a duet. Apparently this sausagey thing comes in both Jewish and Polish versions! And, yes, I'm taking advantage of a loophole to indulge my urge to post more lameness. This song has been earworming me lately, and it's all Padma's fault :p Also, judging from yesterday's overall forum mood, a bit of polka perkiness should be welcome...

[Mods: I will happily move this to PJ's 'wall' if need be, unless he says no, and I won't blame him! :D]

I'm good either way.

And I'm 75% Polish, so it works anyway.

As these guys go, King isn't as bad as a few others.

I pretty much agree with his take on yesterday's game; the Pats can't play like that against a real NFL team in January. As for Denver, a lot of people have been expressing doubts about Peyton; he's just reflecting that and saying he still thinks that Manning has gas in the tank. What's wrong with that?

I feel really sorry for Rob.
Time and again he subjects himself to horrible anti-Pats writers and execrable radio shows and vents his tortured soul here creating anguished threads about their latest outrages.
The radical thought of simply avoiding this garbage is anathema to him.

Or you the type of Threads on Patsfans.com that you are very much on record as disliking my friend.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes