PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King-Schotty could be fired if 'Bolts lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

Peter King on HBO's Inside the NFL reports that according to his sources,Marty Schottenheimer could possibly lose his job,if San Diego loses to the Patriots
on Sunday.

Let's see how he handles this kind of pressure.....

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

Peter King on HBO's Inside the NFL reports that according to his sources,Marty Schottenheimer could possibly lose his job,if San Diego loses to the Patriots
on Sunday.

Let's see how he handles this kind of pressure.....

Yeah - this has been making the rounds for awhile... he and the GM don't get along too well so he might take any excuse to get rid of Shottenheimer...

Still - no matter what happens, you go 14-2 in the regular season, losing those games by 3 points each - missing a perfect regular season by only 6 points, you should NOT be fired.

I know Shottenheimer doesn't have the greatest playoff record but its DAMN HARD to get on a run to win a SB - even if we take it for granted a bit around here.

How would you like your job to depend on beating Brady and Belichick in the playoffs ? :eek:

Yeah - this has been making the rounds for awhile... he and the GM don't get along too well so he might take any excuse to get rid of Shottenheimer...

Still - no matter what happens, you go 14-2 in the regular season, losing those games by 3 points each - missing a perfect regular season by only 6 points, you should NOT be fired.

I know Shottenheimer doesn't have the greatest playoff record but its DAMN HARD to get on a run to win a SB - even if we take it for granted a bit around here.

Marty will be fired if they lose this weekend.

The feeling around Chargers Park is that if they can't win it all or at least go to the SB with a team this talented... well... there's just no excuse... and thus... Marty will take the fall.

I'm ok with that.

Nice to see the buzzards already circling. For what its worth, I've heard BB will be fired if he loses three more times to either the Chargers or the Broncos. Kraft has standards, damnit!

If they lose, Shottenheimer is in a lose-lose situation.

If he used LT a lot, and they lose, he will be accused of reverting to Marty-ball. If he doesn't use LT a lot and they lose, he will be accused of not using his best weapon.

His only hope is to win.

I feel kind of bad for him, but not quite bad enough to wish him luck. I'll just wish for him not to lose his job if the Chargers lose.

That sounds ridiculous....after leading them to a 14-2 season and a first round bye???Yea,thats terrible....

Marty will be fired if they lose this weekend.

The feeling around Chargers Park is that if they can't win it all or at least go to the SB with a team this talented... well... there's just no excuse.
You guys seem to have whipped yourself into a frenzy over how talented the Chargers are. They are good. They are talented. If I were betting straight up this weekend I'd bet on them. But they aren't this ridiculous team that is clearly more talented than anyone else. The Patriots are close. Baltimore is close, maybe even, maybe better. The inertia of "The Chargers are by far the most talented team and if they don't win the Super Bowl it's Marty's fault" has taken over like a boulder down a mountain. It's kind of nutty IMO.

If Shotty is in that bad with the GM, he should be looking for another job.

I mean it's not like there are a lot better coaches out there and there are plenty of vacancies. Kansas City needed to give picks to get Edwards, didn't they?:bricks: :bricks:

There are 32 teams in the league. Cowher didn't put it together until last year, and that wasn't nearly his best team.

Shotty's a good coach and teams are crazy to not give him another shot instead of recycled losers and college coaches who never win in the NFL.

Anybody know the record foe successful college coaches? Last one I can remember is John Robinson about 100 years ago. I can name at least 3 flops off the top of my head.

Just a little pressure there huh? Let's see if Marty has a nervous breakdown or whether he can have his team execute a great gameplan. Coaching will be a key matchup to look out for in this game.

We'll be able to compare/contrast it to the sharp game Mangini was managing in the Jets game. So let's see if Marty is the "real deal" or whether it's just been his players making him look good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye