PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King says the Colts are known for this as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzafted

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
On Colin Cowherd's show, he says that Rex Ryan told him that Indy was especially good at stealing defensive signals. FWIW.

On Colin Cowherd's show, he says that Rex Ryan told him that Indy was especially good at stealing defensive signals. FWIW.

No No No!! The Colts would never do anything like that.....:rofl:

and Rex Ryan used to work for..................................................

BB

The Colts cheat a lot. People have always complained that they pump crowd noise through their speakers for home games which is illegal too.

Well, look, this is the whole issue. If this is a common practice, the media better damn well do their due diligence and make sure it's part of the story.

Yeah, the difference is they have a guy on the competition committee and we don't. They're like the Football Illuminati.

What else did King say? Do the Colts send someone with a camera to tape the signs? I can imagine that all teams try to look for signs, sending a guy to tape them seems odd to me (and against the rules).

Just wondering, did he say they taped them or that they just stole signals?

The Colts cheat a lot. People have always complained that they pump crowd noise through their speakers for home games which is illegal too.

Oh please, let that one go. That was just one idiot reporter that wasn't used to how loud it gets in a dome talking to another that saw the network crowd mics and believed it as gospel.

Last edited:
They're going to need more than crowd noise in week 9.I want sweet revenge.

I caught the tail end of Peters little blurb but didn't know what team was fingering St. Dungy and Msgr. Polian. Said the team had to start color coding wrist bands for their defensive playcallers that they would switch up from series to series so that the calls were meaningless as is. LOL

King ended of course on the fence where he always rests on these issues. Everybody does it and has forever, BUT...if the Pat's got caught Goodell should punish them. LOL

He then went on to say he likes us over SD because of our capacity to max protect Tommy now that Randy, who he says his sources tell him would have always played better when surrounded by talent he respects, is out there running patterns.

Then Colin nailed him on last nights MNF football follies. Told him he just doesn't get the hype for a QB who, if you use the olympic judging system and throw out his one good year and his worst year is a 13TD and 10INT QB now gone creaky... Peter started mumbling about how last night was an anomoly and Baltimore can win lots of 13-10 games. None of the talking Football Heads want to focus on how inept most of their league sources are and how truly uncompetitive this league has become, not because of cheating but because of moronic recycling of inept QB and coaching talent.

It's just easier to pontificate about how the best teams have historically cheated their way out of parity and Belichick should be spanked to send them all a message.

Last edited:
Reporter Les Bowen in the philadelphia daily news said the same thing about the Colts last year, their extremely good at stealing defensive signals.

Thanks MoLewisRocks.

I was hoping he gave some new info on this. Nothing new has come out since yesterday.

I would say all the teams are in on some type of sign stealing. Every coach has that clipboard covering his mouth when calling plays on the sideline. I'm guessing that there is more to it then someone just reading lips from across the way.

Okay, is it stealing signals that is illegal or videotaping them as a method of stealing that is illegal?

Come on now. If stealing signals is illegal, then all methods to do so should be considered illegal.

And for the record, I don't care what the Colts do to gain a competitive advantage. Pipe in crowd noise, steal signals, so what. Teams do this, always have, probably always will. What is the big effin' deal? Let's play ball already, this is so overblown and STUPID.

Okay, is it stealing signals that is illegal or videotaping them as a method of stealing that is illegal?

Come on now. If stealing signals is illegal, then all methods to do so should be considered illegal.

And for the record, I don't care what the Colts do to gain a competitive advantage. Pipe in crowd noise, steal signals, so what. Teams do this, always have, probably always will. What is the big effin' deal? Let's play ball already, this is so overblown and STUPID.

I really could care less as well, but if everyone is going to call the Patriots out for it than maybe they should know the angel Colts aren't so innocent either?

I caught the tail end of Peters little blurb but didn't know what team was fingering St. Dungy and Msgr. Polian. Said the team had to start color coding wrist bands for their defensive playcallers that they would switch up from series to series so that the calls were meaningless as is. LOL

King ended of course on the fence where he always rests on these issues. Everybody does it and has forever, BUT...if the Pat's got caught Goodell should punish them. LOL

He then went on to say he likes us over SD because of our capacity to max protect Tommy now that Randy, who he says his sources tell him would have always played better when surrounded by talent he respects, is out there running patterns.

Then Colin nailed him on last nights MNF football follies. Told him he just doesn't get the hype for a QB who, if you use the olympic judging system and throw out his one good year and his worst year is a 13TD and 10INT QB now gone creaky... Peter started mumbling about how last night was an anomoly and Baltimore can win lots of 13-10 games. None of the talking Football Heads want to focus on how inept most of their league sources are and how truly uncompetitive this league has become, not because of cheating but because of moronic recycling of inept QB and coaching talent.

It's just easier to pontificate about how the best teams have historically cheated their way out of parity and Belichick should be spanked to send them all a message.

Peter King has always been a bit of a tool. I prefer Rick Riley as far as SI guys go.

The guys over at Profootbaltalk had a good idea for a solution to problem in general. Put headsets in a defensive players helmet just like in the QB's. That way there is no need to signal in a play call and no way to steal the signs.

The guys over at Profootbaltalk had a good idea for a solution to problem in general. Put headsets in a defensive players helmet just like in the QB's. That way there is no need to signal in a play call and no way to steal the signs.

I believe they voted that down this year at the league meetings. Don't know what the reason was, because it seems to make sense.

It's the videotaping:

"The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game," the league said in a statement from spokesman Greg Aiello. "Clubs have specifically been reminded in the past that the videotaping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals on the sidelines is prohibited.

"We are looking into whether the Patriots violated this rule."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots