PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King says if no tape, Kraft could sue Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.
King has no opinions of his own. He is a mouthpiece, regurgitating opinions he has been fed by powerful sources in the league. I have been and will continue to be hard on tomase and the Herald, but the true villains in this debacle reside inside the power structure of the league, and they have cloaked themselves with mediots and mouthpieces, league statements and unnamed sources, and anonymous tips. The men who have orchestrated this assault on our team are sitting in a smoke filled room at the combine right now, having a good laugh.

I think this analysis is spot on - dead nuts on point.

They need to be exposed for the true aholes that they truly are.

Walsh will be sued if he has nothing to offer. Of course, the newspaper could be sued because it did NOT check the source before publishing the article. You can't publish / write an article because he told you something without providing 'fact' to backup what he said.

Really?

Because that seems to be the Status Quo these days...

truer words have never been printed...that's why I've been so anti-media right from the start of this complete B.S.

Don't forget, after the initial Spygate outpouring, it was this fat slob plagiarist that kept beating the drums incessantly using every kind of scurrilous innuendo at his disposal.

I hope he does, even if only to send a message to the media that there is still a level of integrity reporters MUST hold themselves to. :mad: Obviously that level has not been met. I remember someone posting a thread about Florio alluding to this legal action...guess it might be true.

Walsh will be sued if he has nothing to offer. Of course, the newspaper could be sued because it did NOT check the source before publishing the article. You can't publish / write an article because he told you something without providing 'fact' to backup what he said.

Funnily enough, this morning I had a dream right before I woke up that the Herald issued an apology for its "blatantly incorrect" article and that they were firing Tomase... it was big news... and I woke up thinking that I actually heard this on ESPN radio before I hit snooze, so I was all excited..

I submitted this for King's mailbag:

"Hi Peter. I am a longtime reader, and I respect your columns and the insight that they provide greatly. I am growing increasingly concerned, however, by your coverage of SpyGate. It has come to the point that I cannot honestly say that I feel that you are even trying to be objective. For example, how can you claim that the Rams struggled mightily in the red zone in the Super Bowl, when their touchdown percentage was 100?% (1 for 1). Furthermore, how can you devote so much space to Matt Walsh without even mentioning his numerous character and credibility issues (as Mike Florio outlined, he has been shown to lie multiple times, and either his lawyer or Scott Pioli must be lying regarding the taped conversations)? Now, the Patriots have even stated that Walsh never had a confidentiality agreement, which would seem to be a pretty key piece of information in this story. If he indeed doesn't, then it should become awfully clear that he's just trying to take this opportunity to make headlines. Why no mention of any of this?"

I submitted this for King's mailbag:

"Hi Peter. I am a longtime reader, and I respect your columns and the insight that they provide greatly. I am growing increasingly concerned, however, by your coverage of SpyGate. It has come to the point that I cannot honestly say that I feel that you are even trying to be objective. For example, how can you claim that the Rams struggled mightily in the red zone in the Super Bowl, when their touchdown percentage was 100?% (1 for 1). Furthermore, how can you devote so much space to Matt Walsh without even mentioning his numerous character and credibility issues (as Mike Florio outlined, he has been shown to lie multiple times, and either his lawyer or Scott Pioli must be lying regarding the taped conversations)? Now, the Patriots have even stated that Walsh never had a confidentiality agreement, which would seem to be a pretty key piece of information in this story. If he indeed doesn't, then it should become awfully clear that he's just trying to take this opportunity to make headlines. Why no mention of any of this?"

Good email, and the early praise might actually get his attention.

Honestly, what does it say about the league that he devotes so much to this nonsense? Is there so little of interest out there apart from the Patriots?

If the Pats' reputation wasn't already ruined, why do most football

fans outside of New England root against them? Many of them believe

this Spygate crap!

Better to be hated by most fans outside of NE vs irrelevant.

I'd like to see King write an entire article without saying:

- someone is "comfortable in their own skin".

- someone is a "great <job title>, and an even better person"

I like his articles, even if I don't always agree with him, but he is married to cliches and cheating on them with other, ****tier cliches.

The Biggest reason the tape has not come out is very veryvery simple, Matt Walsh (if that is his real name) wants money he is using this to a) get a book deal B) have the patriots pay him off or C) have the NFL pay him to show what he has. That is why he wants so much prtevction that is why he is try in to mile it he wants the spot light he is one of the people that is is a nobopdy that is convinced he is a someday. hell his job was proably washing the teams golf balls

It's going to be amazing how quickly this whole thing will be swept under the rug (as far as the Patriots are concerned) if Walsh proves to have nothing more than more footage of defensive signals. At least they will probably give him a public character execution if he was leading them on for this long without producing anything more substantial that what's already been seen.

As for a Kraft lawsuit, King has had one latte too many. The Kraft family would have to prove monetary damages--i.e., that the value of his franchise was diminished as a result. The only way to do that would be to try to sell the team and get offers that are below today's third party estimates of the value of the franchise and then convince a court that this was directly linked to the Herald article.
This paragraph is so not true.

If there was a tape, why hasn't it been seen by now?

There is no tape....

If a tape exisited, SPector would have been all over it by now.

There is no tape....

Kraft, BB, Scott Pioli, Michael Holley and every siungle perosn close to the Pats have said there is no tape.

There is no tape.....

There simply cannot be a tape.

That's all well and good, but is there a tape or not?

I've expressed disdain for certain writers before. I really don't read King, but I did look at this. I noticed this:

Over the weekend, I spoke with former Rams coach Mike Martz about the allegation that the Patriots videotaped St. Louis' walk through practice the day before Super Bowl XXXVI. He says the Ram practice that day consisted of the offense running its red-zone plays at half speed.

He needed to talk to Martz to know that? That was reported weeks ago.

Then he writes:
I hear that Martz and other Ram people are privately talking much tougher...​

Hello! McFly. Weren't you just talking to him? Do you hang up and call someone else and say "What did he did he say to you? No, I just asked him a question about something that's already been reported. No, I had to call him. I need to write that I talked to him. It makes me seem more important."

Does King think so little of his readers that they believe that what he wrote is how it happened?

Peter, did you ask Martz if the Rams taped their own walkthrough? Or will you wait until weeks after the answer's been reported to ask?

While he's at it, Bob Kraft should sue the league, ala Al Davis, and depose every coach and GM in the league, past and present, on their various practices. Tell the league he'll drop the suit when he gets a 1st rd pick back. A show trial would make for nice entertainment during the coming strike, and end the ongoing spygate charade, exposing it as cynical bullcrap meant to destroy a franchise by whiny competitors and their sheeple fan bases. Take the gloves off and fight for your honor, Bob. This is a league where honor and glory matter, and yours has been smeared by jackals and carrion birds.

I think you're onto something here Pony! Man, would I LOVE to see that!

Sue the friggin Herald and turn it into Patriots Weekly 2.

That fat POS Tomase can write the High School roundup.

I've expressed disdain for certain writers before. I really don't read King, but I did look at this. I noticed this:

Over the weekend, I spoke with former Rams coach Mike Martz about the allegation that the Patriots videotaped St. Louis' walk through practice the day before Super Bowl XXXVI. He says the Ram practice that day consisted of the offense running its red-zone plays at half speed.
He needed to talk to Martz to know that? That was reported weeks ago.

Then he writes:
<b>
I hear that Martz and other Ram people are privately talking much tougher...​
</b>

Hello! McFly. Weren't you just talking to him? Do you hang up and call someone else and say "What did he did he say to you? No, I just asked him a question about something that's already been reported. No, I had to call him. I need to write that I talked to him. It makes me seem more important."

Does King think so little of his readers that they believe that what he wrote is how it happened?

Peter, did you ask Martz if the Rams taped their own walkthrough? Or will you wait until weeks after the answer's been reported to ask?

the number of dumb****s, asking all the wrong questions, in the media is unbeleivable. it's hard to even read these idiots. when will somebody ask the right questions.

Sue the friggin Herald and turn it into Patriots Weekly 2.

That fat POS Tomase can write the High School roundup.

Personally, if I were Kraft, I'd give them a choice: (A) $10M (or whatever they can win), or (B) an injunction barring them from running any article, other than box scores and statistics, about the Patriots, for as long as Belichick and Brady are with the team (with the amount of the judgment due as a default payment if they violate the agreement).

It's going to be amazing how quickly this whole thing will be swept under the rug (as far as the Patriots are concerned) if Walsh proves to have nothing more than more footage of defensive signals. At least they will probably give him a public character execution if he was leading them on for this long without producing anything more substantial that what's already been seen.

Not so far off. The media will on the one hand want to sweep it away quietly, as they hate to be wrong--then again, they'll be hungry for Matt Walsh blood and flesh for making them look like such fools.

It could be very interesting.

Example: look at the NY papers this morning, covering the Hillary release of the Barack pictures. "Smear we go again" and something else not complimentary to HRC. Now...not that long ago, tactics like this from Team Clinton were applauded and admired. Watching the media turn and turn on former sweethearts is on the one hand breath taking, and on the other hand terrifying (terrifying because you see just how much of the media has no soul or scruples, and you wonder who they might try to destroy next).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey