Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peter King (R) Calls MJ Pedophile, Low-Life, Molester

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Jul 6, 2009.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Regardless of your opinion on a celebrity, you do not make a video calling a dead person a pervert, when in fact that person has never been convicted of any crime. What's more, the statement came from a politician which will certainly get a lot of attention.
    I'm not defending Jackson, tho, I'm not completely sold that he is in fact a pedophile. Someone posted, that Jackson might have no sex drive from all the hormones and whatever else he took to try to maintain his youth. That cannot be dismissed.
    Yea, I'm tired of the coverage, and I'm sure lots of people are making a lot of money on his death. Soooooooooooooooo, being a congressman, my best bet is to make a video denouncing the dead person as a pedophile.
    I have no doubt, that there will be members here cheering on this congressman's behavior.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31760415/ns/entertainment-music/?GT1=43001
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I heard the clip, highly entertaining. Can we just get the candlelight vigil over and put this baby to rest. His clip wasn't as good as, Al Sharpton demonizing America for ignoring his musical contributions. His gripe was that we only see MJ as the freak he had become not the young black pop icon. Shame on us. Our inability to look past his strange appearence and let's say 'eccentric' behaviors. The audasity of it all.
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Thus, Peter King becomes Al Sharpton.
    Don't these people have remotes?
  4. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This stupid soudbite, that sound bite. When will it all end? If it was'nt for football I wouldn't have TV.....
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Michael Jackson ... IMO safe to call him strange ... weird yet talent beyond imagination. Strangeness seems to accompany extremely talented people. Pedophile ... I don't believe so ... the facts say no ... Peter King is an azzhole. Let the guy RIP.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Can't wait for Wednesday or the next time a politician gets caught with his pants down, whatever comes first... too much hoopla.

OTOH this guy should have kept his mouth shut, some things are better left unsaid..
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My only problem with it is that he flat out accuses Jackson of things he was technically acquited of. He was found guilty in the court of public opinion maybe, but since he wasn't found guilty of in a court proper, it's not really fair to flat out call him a child molester.

That being said, everything else he said in the clip I heard was right on. There's a lot of people that die everyday that deserve to be honored at least much as him. That's not really the way it goes, since he was famous and they aren't, but I certainly don't mind him reminding people of it.

He'll be lucky if he doesn't get sued for libel though.
  8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

As a rule it's slander when it's spoken and libel when it's written but in most states the estate of a dead person can't sue for slander or libel. The theory is that you damage the reputation of the injured person with the spoken/written word and once dead it doesn't matter.....
    Even if you could, if you were the executor of Jackson's estate would you want to sue and drag up the whole thing again where ALL the accusations would be fair game???Pandora's box could be opened.
    Ask Roger Clemens how that whole thing worked out for him....We wouldn't have known about Mindy McCready...a young Mindy McCready otherwise if he hasn't chosen to sue Brian McNamee for libel/slander
  9. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Haha I can't believe I mixed up those two... thanks. I didn't know about the dead thing, but that makes sense. Good points. The estate couldn't sue?

He better look out either way because good ol' wig-headed Sharpton has attached himself to this story for publicity, and he'll extend it anyway he can. And if that means calling King racist for saying things about Jackson he will.
  10. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

That would be me. Awesome that someone else puts stock in one of my off the wall theories. :)
  11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Reminds me of the Tshirt Molson gave out last year with the purchase of a case of beer.....
    "Would you rather lose your memory or your libido?" emblazened on the front.....
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Wonder if thsi standard will be applied next a time a pedophile priest beats the rap in court.......

Jackson paid millions to keep some of the suits from coming to trial.BTW throw the idiot parents in jail too
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Calling him a child molester could well be factually incorrect, who knows, but I have no problem with calling him a pervert - even if he did nothing more than what he admitted to he was a pervert though maybe not a molester.
  14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

I had fun with the whole "make fun of the freak" reaction too, while it was happening. But ever since Randy Moss' girlfriend decided he was an abuser on the eve of the SB, I started realizing what people will do to a rich guy that didn't cover his *****.

I honestly, at this point, do not believe any of it. Apparently there's a tape out there of the father of one of the abused talking about how much he'll get if he goes through with it...

Okay we've all contemplated innumerable times how evil and sick he was if he did it...

Now if, as a jury found on 14 charges, he didn't do it... my God, how sad is that? I mean he was weird as hell. He was whatever comes after weird. But by all accounts he was also incredibly "sensitive." If he's a child abuser that just adds to your disgust... but what if his problem really comes down not to guilt, but to innocence?

(Granted a jury only says "not guilty," meaning it's not proven... but the 14 charges thing sways me. If you're not sure enough to get him but you really really see a likelihood, don't you maybe slide in a "guilty" on the count of feeding the kid wine or something?)

At any rate from what we do know... he was a talented performer with a huge cross to bear, as they say. For all his money, he apparently spent a lot of the time "searching." Well, from what we know from this distance all I can say is "rest in peace."

If there's another judgement yet to make, it's certainly not ours to make. That's for courts in this life, and if you believe in another life, it usually features figures far better informed than the likes of us to make such judgements post-mortem.

PFnV
  15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The way I see it is that USA for Africa was huge. I'm no expert, but I expect that particular endeavor can be fairly credited with feeding 20 thousand people for their entire lives. Obviously the aid wasn't distributed that way, many more people got something for much less time; but I'd say its fair to figure it that way, 20k for life as opposed to maybe a million for a few weeks or 10 million for a few meals.

Anyway it prevented much starvation and while it certainly wasn't a solo act, its undeniable that Jackson was the key. Jackson was the reason why 40 some egotistical artists all got together and did something good for someone else. That's just one of Jackson's many, many charitable acts.

Sure just in case, I would have never left a kid I cared about unsupervised with him; but I think there's real reason to doubt about everything the tabloids have said about him.
  16. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Like anything , follow the money!! He did'nt get convicted, but it is pretty obvious to the world how he wiggled out of it. I am never surprised at my fellow humans. 1) for their ability to look at away at a miscarriage of justice. 2) their ability to participate in the propping up of a fallen idol.
  17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

You have a point there.
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Jackson
    He chose his kid, then he pampered and groomed them, then he took them to bed, then he PAID THEM OFF.

OJ Simpson was never convicted.

His great talent I thought was he was one of the bast "Crotch Rubbers" I've ever seen.

Does the Black Community hold it against him because he wanted White Kids and Bleached his own face trying to be white.....:confused:

They should study his brain, he was the biggest whack job this country will ever see.

America holds a memorial fit for a King, for a child molester.

GOD DAMN AMERICA
  19. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

And you know this... how?
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

For the record, I've always been a much bigger Football fan than I've ever been a fan of pop music (when Jackson was at his peak I was way more interested in Van Halen, Twisted Sister and Judas Priest) Still there's zero doubt in my mind that OJ brutally stabbed two people to death, while I'm not so sure of Jacksons' guilt.