PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Pats have finalized four-year deal with Brady, through 2014 [mergedx5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Peter King: Pats have finalized four-year deal with Brady, through 2014 [mergedx5

Seems curious that they let King make the announcement. Unless they wanted to get the deal announced publicly during the first game of the season (assuming King had a segment available during the first game)?

Though, they didn't release the full $$ value until later.

I might be reading way too much into this, but I read it as a shot at the local media. Pretty much the entirety of the football watching public got the news at the same time that they did, and then it was Schefter, not any of the local folks, who came in with the details.

Basically, if they're going to call him cheap and manufacture stories surrounding Brady's contract, then they forfeit the payoff when the real contract story actually breaks.

Last edited:
Re: Peter King: Pats have finalized four-year deal with Brady, through 2014 [mergedx5

So the "cheap" Patriots have issued the richest contract in NFL history? I think that the Brady and Wilfork deals clearly show that the Pats will pay their superior talent. It makes the mankins holdout seem even more at odds. I fully believe that if mankins had signed his 3.4 million dollar tneder that he would have been signed to a long term deal by now. This off-season alone the Pats have re-signed Vince to big dollars, re-signed Bodden to very nice deal, and re-signed Brady to the tune of 18-19 Million (said with my pinky finger firmly entrenched at the side of my mouth) Dollars a year.

Mankins has "Branched" himself and (I believe) that he won't play another down for the Pats. I thought that he would have been traded by now........but can we stop the "cheap" talk once and for all?????

They also extended TBC, Neal, and Faulk over this past offseason, although granted not long-term or for huge money. And Gostkowski got very good kicker money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey