PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Pats China Preseason Game Cancelled [NOT a joke]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no!!!! I know, it's better for the team... but what a bummer for me. Screw it, I'm going to have to fly back home to get a Pats fix this year. Or do we know if the Pats will be playing on the west coast this year? If so, that would be an easier trip for me.

Damn...

Bring some Chop Suey if you come.:)

I have the solution to all this international foolishness.

Play the damn ProBowl in a different country each year.

Do to overpopulation concerns in China, the communist government felt that unleashing QB Tom Brady on the female population may overburden maternity wards throughout the country.
Oooh, that's a low blow! :D

sorry buddy
im happy, but that really does s*ck for you
but hey, passover is almost here :/

Passover sucks too!!

Actually, I'm spending it on vacation in Thailand. Should be cool.

According to Peter King,The Seattle Exhibition game may be cancelled also.Too much travel for the Patriots.

That doesn't make sense to me. If they're not going to China, how is it still too much travel? I know it's on the other side of US but that's just part of being an away team sometimes. I really don't see them canceling the game in Seattle (and I hope they don't since I was planning on going). Anyway, if for some reason they do cancel that one too, will the Pats and Hawks only play 3 games each or what? All other teams are set for preseason I believe. It would in fact be even better for the Patriots if they only played 3 preseason games, not risking as much injury wise. However, I live not too far from Seattle and I really want to see them play here. They only come here EVERY 8 YEARS in regular season! (Can't wait till next year too).

That doesn't make sense to me. If they're not going to China, how is it still too much travel? I know it's on the other side of US but that's just part of being an away team sometimes. I really don't see them canceling the game in Seattle (and I hope they don't since I was planning on going). Anyway, if for some reason they do cancel that one too, will the Pats and Hawks only play 3 games each or what? All other teams are set for preseason I believe. It would in fact be even better for the Patriots if they only played 3 preseason games, not risking as much injury wise. However, I live not too far from Seattle and I really want to see them play here. They only come here EVERY 8 YEARS in regular season! (Can't wait till next year too).

As I remember,no team travels from coast to coast
for an exhibition game.
Whan was the last time the Patriots played Oakland,SD,Denver,San Fran,Seattle,etc in a preseason game?Or vice-versa.....those teams coming east.Not in my memory.
It's too much travel,that's why they don't do it.

The League can easily make an adjustment by changing a game with two other teams.In fact,I'll bet it has already been changed and will be announced along with the China Bowl cancellation.

for an exhibition game.
Whan was the last time the Patriots played Oakland,SD,Denver,San Fran,Seattle,etc in a preseason game?Or vice-versa.....those teams coming east.Not in my memory.

The League can easily make an adjustment by changing a game with two other teams.In fact,I'll bet it has already been changed and will be announced along with the China Bowl cancellation.

I remember Arizona playing the Patriots in Gillette last season.

Wow this is a huge break for the Pats, depending on the schedule .. its being realesed on Thurs, and I bet the early part was easy because of the China Bowl. What I mean by being Easy is no long road trips, and possible early bye.. I for one was not looking forward to the China bowl..

Last edited:
when i read it the first time i was thinking, due to the fact it was 01.04,
about a 'pesce d'aprile' but now it really looks true

so: if it is true...i like it...

for an exhibition game.

I do remember one thing...Stingley was injured in a preseason game in Oakland...so at one time there was coast to coast travel..I think in the last 20 years or so it has been minimized...

Last edited:
I have the solution to all this international foolishness.
Play the damn ProBowl in a different country each year.

Oh yeah, like the NFL, players, officials and media circus are going to swap a week in Hawaii for Dusseldorf or London in February. Sure, the beer's better, but that's about all.

Besides, we're not total idiots over here. We want to see games that matter, not a pointless end of season time waste. I can't wait to see the Giants beating the Fish at Wembley. And I'm hoping that one of the Pats away games in '09 (when we're playing the AFC South) ends up in Europe too.

I'm glad they cancelled it. It was a stupid idea anyway.

"[T]here's no way the league would have gone to China for the first time unless they felt everything would be perfect about it," a league insider told King.

So basically Tom Brady says he can't go due to the scheduled birth of his firstborn and they pull the plug, right?

Whats this? The word God is now a swear like F-ck and Sh-t??:confused: :D :D

I think that's an edit by the poster, so as to not be blasphemous.

Or something like that.

I think that's an edit by the poster, so as to not be blasphemous.

Or something like that.

also, if the poster's an observant Jew, s/he very possibly spells it like that all the time for religious reasons...

Last edited:
I did that because some people take offense to seeing the Lord's name used in such a way. Just covering my bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back