PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King on WEEI: Aqib Talib not a great corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with all the hating here? How many of you have the cred, experience, or, let alone, know-how, to call King an idiot, a lousy writer, and many other worse things here?

Grow up children. When someone disagrees with you if the first thing you do is call them stupid it only proves one thing - you're the stupid one. Or didn't you learn that BEFORE you went to kindergarten?

King's primarily a reporter - he reports on what he hears from players, coaches, management, and various experts, yes, some even paid to talk to him. He opines beyond this reporting but to a limited degree and he's always the first one to point out his predictions and insights have not had the greatest track record. Why? Because virtually NO ONE has a great track record when it comes to assessing players, coaches, teams, etc. If it were so easy Vegas wouldn't make a dime and we'd have six Revis type CB's on the Pats because BB would have no problem finding them.

Geez........
He used to be tight with BB. Then, when the camera issue arose, King went ballistic over it. BB basically said FU and Peter's never gotten over it. When Brett F.'s nuts shriveled up, he moved on to Peyton's.

One big difference between the problems with Talib and Haynsworth for instance is that Haynsworth is one lazy ass. That man seems to have no love for the game and if he has the work for it, he won't. Talib is gona have to clean up his act if he wants to stay here but I don't think he is a lazy ass like Fat Albert. Therefor I am not as worried for the football side. For the other side of him do, I am worried but if anyone can change him, then that is probably BB. I think the lockerroom today is buildt to handle guys like this too. I mean, Wilfork and Mayo will do what they can to keep him in line and I think Brady will keep a close watch on him so that he doesn't hurt the locker room in any way. Brady is after more rings I don't think he will let a punk get in the way on that. The lockerroom has clear leaders and I think that will help. It is not a loose young locker room. It is a room with good leaders.

I have no worries about AT on the field. And I really don't have any worries about him off the field. He's a terrific corner, despite some who will claim otherwise. My point is only that he has transgressions far worse than guys with checkered pasts we have brought on board before. I think it's going to work really well for the Pats.

He used to be tight with BB. Then, when the camera issue arose, King went ballistic over it. BB basically said FU and Peter's never gotten over it. When Brett F.'s nuts shriveled up, he moved on to Peyton's.

Obviously you understood exactly what I getting at. Good work. :rolleyes2:

Why do you guys get so worked up over everything any media reporter/analyst says? Plenty of people say dumb things, if you don't like them, don't read their stuff! I thought Mazz was a douche so I stopped listening to him. Plenty of bucs fans are saying they don't think Talib is all that so. I guess we'll see, in the end he has size(and can get on the football field...) and is at worse above average. And he's not afraid to be physical as proven by his criminal record.

Why do you guys get so worked up over everything any media reporter/analyst says?
Because I want to be paid to say stupid things too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back