PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King on WEEI: Aqib Talib not a great corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not be great, but according to me great is a very high mark. Brady is great. Revis is great. Ray Lewis was Great. I don't expect Talib to be great. I expect him to be good.

I read until I got to this:

Added King: "The folks at Pro Football Focus who chart such things ...

I don't remember anyone ever saying he was. If he can just be above average to good it's a win. Anything better is icing on the cake.

because now the Patriots are without third-, fourth- and fifth-round picks in this draft
First he cited PFF, then he got this completely wrong...

We don't need great. We need competent+.

Peter needs to step up his game. That's shoddy work.

Peter King and WEEI.....a match made in heaven

Peter King also said Chiefs win will AFC West and of the 23 teams he visited, they have the most skillful players .. :rolleyes:

I stopped paying attention to what Peter Dink, I mean King, thinks, says or writes a long, long time ago. He's an expert on four things: coffee, microbrews no self-respecting beer drinker would touch, his daughter's high school softball career and the detailed terrain of Brett Favre's testicles.

King completely whiffed on that one. Though I'll take great, I'll also take good at this point as well. And that's what Talib is: good.

At some point, Peter King went negative on the Patriots.

Isn't this the same guy that has Tony Gonzalez on his "all pro" tight end list and no Gronkowski?

King's been putting a bit too much Bailey's in his mocha latte from Starbucks.

His personnel assesments of NFL talent are meaningless.

Re: Peter King on WEEI:Talib not a great corner

IMO this trade is not simply a question of individual talent added. It's a tipping point situation: adding that one extra press-style CB should allow schematic changes to make the whole defense more aggressive.

So if Talib is merely "pretty good," his IMPACT could well be "great."

Talib only has to be better than Arrington and Moore as far as I am concerned. He doesn't need to be "Great".

I think Stephen King knows more about football than peter king.

Last edited:
I still don't get why the media gives PFF so much credit and publicity. It only shows their lack of football intelligence to informed fans.

Re: Peter King on WEEI:Talib not a great corner

IMO this trade is not simply a question of individual talent added. It's a tipping point situation: adding that one extra press-style CB should allow schematic changes to make the whole defense more aggressive.

So if Talib is merely "pretty good," his IMPACT could well be "great."

I tend to think that if it was Revis with the police jacket 3 inches think he would have fetched a 2nd or 1st rounder (salary considerations notwithstanding)

King is a paid to mention pff as often as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes