PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King on WEEI @ 1:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon Grogan. Too many concussions.

A

or

B

that was my point, could be "A", or could be "B".

Or could be C: The videotapes accidentally caught some of the ALIENS that are CONTROLLING THE US GOVERNMENT, and Gooddell was threatened with an eternity of anal probing if he didn't destroy them.

About as likely as B.

While we're on the subject of paranoia, I have a couple "options" for your sig:

A. The refs and their bosses and the media all wanted the Colts to lose
B. The refs made proper calls.

We report. You decide.

Could be true, perhaps it WAS because 31 other teams were worried. That's option A. BUT, option B COULD be that there was SO MUCH evidence of indiscretion, that he HAD to burn the tapes, for fear of blowing it for 31 other teams. Why would Mangini "tell" if he was guilty of the same thing?
Thers nothing on thoses tapes that a fan couldn't see with a pair of binoculers sitting in the stands accross from the opposing team.

Thers nothing on thoses tapes that a fan couldn't see with a pair of binoculers sitting in the stands accross from the opposing team.
Yes, that's why they went ahead and filmed, instead of using binnies:rolleyes:

If a troll sh!ts in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, did it really happen?

Obviously you don't know our coach. He would do something like that just to get in the opposing coaches head. And make him (the opp coach) think he was up to something.

Last edited:
Peter "Mother Theresa" King should be able to figure out that it is unprecedented to seize all tapes from a team. Obviously the team lost a huge cache of legitimate material there. Who says everybody should know what was on every one of those tapes? Should we allow King to inspect them? That's what he wanted. He's reaching for the gold - a Nobel Truth Prize for pissant journalism and he seems to think that it's all about openness in the NFL.

Memo to Theresa: It's a league of espionage. Get it?

One of the few times that D & H asked the "hard" questions, usually they, as are most on the radio, keep it pretty soft.. thought they pushed the envelope more than they ever did and did a very good job.

In a perfect world Belichick would phone in for a 3-way while King is blabbering ... oh that could be as good as this weeks game. Love to see King get wimp-slapped ... would be nice but it will never happen. These national writers are well insulated and they know it and abuse it.

Just wondering, do you even know what was illegal about what the Patriot's did? It sure sounds like you have no idea. Was it the fact they RECORDED the opponent's signals? I bet that's what you think...c'mon now, come clean! You, of course, would be wrong.

Page 105 of the league's Game Operations manual says: "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in used in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."

Ray Anderson, the league's head of football operations, sent a memo to head coaches and GMs last September 6 that said: "Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

So, what they did wrong was NOT recording signals, it was recording signals from the sidelines. If it was recorded from another location not accessible during the game, it's perfectly fine. However, nobody seems to understand the rule, probably because it doesn't fit their convenient argument.

They broke the rules, yes, but it was a speeding ticket incident.

At least understand the situation before you make the argument.

Last edited:
Just wondering, do you even know what was illegal about what the Patriot's did? It sure sounds like you have no idea.

Do you??

It's "illegal" to film on the sidelines, bra. Now I know they are saying it is not illegal to do it from other areas, but I don't think that is true. One thing you can bet though, is that I would not take anything that is said on this program as gospel. Obviously, the game itself is filmed by more than just TV crews. But I don't think it is legal FROM ANYWHERE, to film opposing coaches signals, but I cannot be sure. When I say the word "legal", mind you, I am not saying they are breaking any "common law", they are breaking a NFL rule.

Do you??

It's "illegal" to film on the sidelines, bra. Now I know they are saying it is not illegal to do it from other areas, but I don't think that is true. One thing you can bet though, is that I would not take anything that is said on this program as gospel. Obviously, the game itself is filmed by more than just TV crews. But I don't think it is legal FROM ANYWHERE, to film opposing coaches signals, but I cannot be sure. When I say the word "legal", mind you, I am not saying they are breaking any "common law", they are breaking a NFL rule.
According to the nfl by laws on this subject which I heard about an hour ago. It would be ok to film from the front row of seats AT the 50 yard line as long as there was a cover over the top camera.

Last edited:
According to the nfl by laws on this subject which I heard about an hour ago. It would be ok to film from the front row of seats AT the 50 yard line as long as there was a cover over the top camera.

Yes, you heard it, on WEEI. Might be true, but I am not going to take that as gospel. I think the memo of '06 made ALL game day taping of opponents signals "illegal", but again, I don't know that for sure.

Now this guy has a point. Not sure if my feed is delayed, but this guy has some balls.

Do you??

Hey, bra, look at the post above you that has quotes from the actual rule and memo. And NO, it is NOT restricted from other places. But I'm sure looking the facts up is too hard for you.

Last edited:
Hey, bra, look at the post above you that has quotes from the actual rule and memo. And NO, it is NOT restricted from other places. But I'm sure looking the facts up is too hard for you.

It IS too hard, please find it and post it. Otherwise, I'm not believing anything broadcast from the NE area:p

I don't understand why people are giving Dale and Holley props for that interview. This is a 2 minute topic and could have ended all the nonsense.

Q: Is it cheating to steal signs?

A: ______________________

Q: If it's not cheating to steal signals, what exactly is your point with your gripe?

Q: If it is, why should teams be disguising signals when the league should be watching and punishing offenders?

P.K.: Ummm...... Err...... Ummm....

Q: So you are in effect claiming that people should be wondering about the fairness of past Super Bowls because of the location of a video camera that was in plain view?

P.K.: Ummm...... Err...... Ummm....

Well, having gotten that out, let's move on.

How tough would that have been, for crying out loud?

PRECISELY ...stated perfectly!! And why they even gave him a pass as he asserted that they "cheated" over and over, when they cannot conclude the same, is beyond me. They were ineffective in having him assert once and for all, that there WAS NO COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE TO BE GAINED.

Unless I missed something which was possible cuz my reception sucked.

New word for the behavior exhibited by King, Collingsworth, Easterbrook et al

"Patanoia" :singing:

FIW I dont think Polian is behind the smouldering story - IIRC didnt Jimmy J state that Howard Mudd was one of the best practitioners of videotaping the opposing team? If anything Napolian would be the one pushing the Commish for the quick decision and heavy penalty as that helped the Colts the most.... he wouldnt want further investigations revealing that the practice is quite common.

Massaroti came off as a fool today. He was completely exposed as a joke of a sports journalist.

It IS too hard, please find it and post it. Otherwise, I'm not believing anything broadcast from the NE area:p
Go home troll..not only do you not know football..but you do not even know of the team you love..

D&H did do a good job on King..but they could have had the knockout..and they faild in that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back