PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King on the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/12/week1/index.html?eref=sihp

Fine Fifteen

2. New England (1-0). I have one word for Randy Moss: clueless. And I like him.

Special Teams Player of the Week
Brandon Tate, KR/WR, New England

Here's the not-so-secret weapon the Patriots have been thinking all summer long would pay dividends once the real games started. Tom Brady bragged about him to me in May, and Tate blew through the Ram kick-coverage team in preseason Week 3 for a 97-yard touchdown. Against the Bengals Sunday, he grabbed a bouncing kickoff and sprinted/weaved untouched 97 yards for a crippling touchdown.

Coach of the Week
Bill Belichick, head coach, New England

He's taken the slings and arrows throughout the offseason for not doing enough at the receiver position or the running back position; his starting wideouts combined for 13 catches for 123 yards and two touchdowns against Cincinnati, while his backs rushed for a clock-eating 118 yards. The defense was too young or didn't make enough of an impact.

You had to see this game against the Bengals to realize much of the yardage Cincinnati made was after the game seemed well in hand; 428 yards happen when you fall behind 24-0. Four recent very high draft picks -- Patrick Chung, Jerod Mayo, Darius Butler and Brandon Meriweather -- combined for 43 tackles. For one Sunday at least, the moves of the best coach in football were home runs.

q. Devin McCourty certainly wasn't scared Sunday for the Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine Fifteen

2. New England (1-0). I have one word for Randy Moss: clueless. And I like him.

Special Teams Player of the Week
Brandon Tate, KR/WR, New England

Here's the not-so-secret weapon the Patriots have been thinking all summer long would pay dividends once the real games started. Tom Brady bragged about him to me in May, and Tate blew through the Ram kick-coverage team in preseason Week 3 for a 97-yard touchdown. Against the Bengals Sunday, he grabbed a bouncing kickoff and sprinted/weaved untouched 97 yards for a crippling touchdown.

Coach of the Week

He's taken the slings and arrows throughout the offseason for not doing enough at the receiver position or the running back position; his starting wideouts combined for 13 catches for 123 yards and two touchdowns against Cincinnati, while his backs rushed for a clock-eating 118 yards. The defense was too young or didn't make enough of an impact.

You had to see this game against the Bengals to realize much of the yardage Cincinnati made was after the game seemed well in hand; 428 yards happen when you fall behind 24-0. Four recent very high draft picks -- Patrick Chung, Jerod Mayo, Darius Butler and Brandon Meriweather -- combined for 43 tackles. For one Sunday at least, the moves of the best coach in football were home runs.

q. Devin McCourty certainly wasn't scared Sunday for the Patriots.

Always nice to see compliments about your team from well-respected journalists.

Coach of the Week

He has?? from who? ;)

R T26, evidently you have the PM capability shut off, so I have to contact you here in the thread. You MUST include a link for attribution when cutting and pasting long passages from copyrighted material.

I fixed that for you

thanks!

He's taken the slings and arrows throughout the offseason for not doing enough at the receiver position or the running back position;

LOL @ King. I'm pretty sure he's the only one who had out the arrows when it comes to the wideout position. I think most teams would be pretty comfortable with Moss-Welker-Tate-Edelman with Hernandez-Gronk-Crump as well.

Most of us didn't like what he had to say before so why change now. Hes just trying to cover his azz if the pats turn out to be top notch.

Most of us didn't like what he had to say before so why change now. Hes just trying to cover his azz if the pats turn out to be top notch.

Backpedalling so fast like that he'd have made a good corner back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back