Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peter King on the Belichick Tree

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 4 / -5

From MMQB:

And earlier in the column, King manages to mention Cassel at least two or three times. . . . :eek:
  2. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Here's the part that got me:

Can you guess what that's in reference to?
  3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +112 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

OT rules :D
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Peter King is still a complete hack and moron who is nothing but a barometer of the masses.
  5. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

its a pretty nice writeup
    the point isnt how succesful his people have been but how many people he has given the opportunity to grow and make something for themselves.
  6. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

what is this? BB went from being darth vader 2 years ago to now being an angel?
  7. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +112 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Holmgren had a ridiculous coaching tree

BB seems to be churning out GMs like crazy.....has any other football mind bread so many GMs/presidents of Personell (or Vice)? and if someone has have they had the success of a Peoli and/or Newsome?

BB :youtheman:
  8. WTE

WTE Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's a great idea to kick off from the 40 instead of 30 in OT. Might be the only tweaking necessary for OT.

BTW, I loved Peter King's piece on the BB Tree. He seems to be mentioning something positive about the Patriots in nearly every edition of MMQB this year. Sometimes several positive things. He's seems far more enlightened.
  9. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

King is just fastening his lips on the frontrunner's backside after Vegas projected the Pats to win the Feb 2010 championship game.
  10. Poker

Poker Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The most salient point for me reading this article was how BB actually prefers smart young coaching/evaluator talent to more experienced people who are more set in their ways.

That probably means the GM and OC replacements are young talent either in the Pats organization already or somewhere BB knows about.

He really loves to mold these young minds about his football system--I think it's one of his greatest achievements.
  11. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

It creates continuity for the players, they don't need to learn a new system and can just focus on getting better.
  12. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

i hard BB on WEEI after the jets loss and according to him he hates college like rules because forhim the whole excitement of football is strategy , when to go for it on 4th down when to punt, how to use timeouts etc.He says college like stuff or 1 possesion really took that out eve as the current system.

His suggestion was to play 15 mins and if one teams keeps the ball for 12 mins so be it.
    Another interesting pt he said that was the league should strongly looking into the XP since 99 % of the time its made and hall of fame players have gotten injured on a stupid XP. I dont remember the whole conversation but it was very interesting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.