PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King on Inside the Nfl Rpts.Pats/Bears Tilt Likely to move to Sunday nite

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Peter King of CNNSI just reported on HBO's Inside the Nfl that Fox Sports did not protect the Patriots vs Bears game as one of their 4 allowed exemptions.

He concludes that this game will almost certainly be grabbed by NBC as their showcase Sunday night game.

Hmm, I find it hard to believe that Fox wouldn't protect that game. I don't believe much of what Peter King says.

That'd be great. The Bears escaped the Cards, but they won't escape us:) Another chance to see the Pats on TV.. thank you Fox!

According to King,Fox chose to protect the Eagles/Colts game which is scheduled at 1:00 p.m.,the same time as the Bears/Patriots.

Also,only Chris Collinsworth picks the Vikings Monday nite.

Costas,Marino and Carter all picked the Patriots.

He concludes that this game will almost certainly be grabbed by NBC as their showcase Sunday night game.

That's too bad. NBC's high definition broadcast is virtually unwatchable. I'll probably have to turn off the TV and listen to the radio.

It's amazing to me that a major network could put such garbage on the air. I've seen streaming RealVideo on the net that has less pixellation than NBC's flagship HDTV broadcast.

Last edited:
hwc said:
That's too bad. NBC's high definition broadcast is virtually unwatchable. I'll probably have to turn off the TV and listen to the radio.

It's amazing to me that a major network could put such garbage on the air. I've seen streaming RealVideo on the net that has less pixellation than NBC's flagship HDTV broadcast.

Hmmm,I thought their HD was good,on a par with CBS and ESPN.
FOX is the best HD,IMO

What system are you watching it on?
I've got Comcast HD in Boston.

I heard **** Ebersol on WFAN with Mike and the Mad Dog, teams are only allowed to be on prime time aka national tv 6 times...

Bears Sea, Ariz NYG St Louis

Pats Den, Min Indy

So Chicago has room, and do the Pats.. It makes too much sense.. Fox had a choice in Oct to protect 6 games.. So maybee they thought Philly and Indy would be a better match up... It will be better on NBC

italia44 said:
Peter King of CNNSI just reported on HBO's Inside the Nfl that Fox Sports did not protect the Patriots vs Bears game as one of their 4 allowed exemptions.

If it's moved to Sunday night then the Bears will be playing on NBC twice within a span of three weeks. During week ten Chicago will play the Giants on SNF.

Remember that the 1PM games can be moved to 4:15, too. That's probably what FOX will do, and then hope Indy beats DEN this week and us next week. Assuming the Eagles don't fade that could actually be the marquee matchup that week, Indy could be undefeated.

alamo said:
Remember that the 1PM games can be moved to 4:15, too. That's probably what FOX will do, and then hope Indy beats DEN this week and us next week. Assuming the Eagles don't fade that could actually be the marquee matchup that week, Indy could be undefeated.

That's not going to work.....CBS has the late games that week.
Fox will leave Eagles/Colts at 1:00p.m.

Bears at Pat's will be the 3rd consecutive away game for the Bears.

italia44 said:
FOX is the best HD,IMO

What system are you watching it on?
I've got Comcast HD in Boston.

Comcast HD. But, It doesn't matter. The whole country has been screaming about it in the high-def forums. Watch anytime there is rapid movement or when one of their "swoosh graphics" is wiped across the screen. The picture just fall apart with pixelation.

CBS, ESPN, and FOX don't seem to have a trouble transmitting a viewable hi-def broadcast. NBC apparently doesn't care.

FOX protecting iggles-colts and not Bears-Pats is EXACTLY what's wrong with sports today. What a pack of idiots. Good for us, though.

hwc said:
Comcast HD. But, It doesn't matter. The whole country has been screaming about it in the high-def forums. Watch anytime there is rapid movement or when one of their "swoosh graphics" is wiped across the screen. The picture just fall apart with pixelation.

CBS, ESPN, and FOX don't seem to have a trouble transmitting a viewable hi-def broadcast. NBC apparently doesn't care.

I'll watch for it this sunday.....like you I'm a crusader for HD.
This policy of the networks that some games are in HD,and some are not is outrageous.
I'm the same way with closed-captioning.....it's all about the money.

italia44 said:
That's not going to work.....CBS has the late games that week.
Fox will leave Eagles/Colts at 1:00p.m.
As Seymour93 pointed out, FOX does indeed have two games that week, I did check before I posted earlier. You probably assumed CBS and FOX always alternate, but due to the World Series on FOX CBS had both games last week and will again this week. FOX doubles up Nov 26 and Dec 3 to make it up.

italia44 said:
FOX is the best HD,IMO

I agree! ..........

Last edited:
Bottom line - I get to watch the Pats on national tv again! Score! Who cares who bungled, I'll definitely be watching. Are the Bears for real or will the Pats expose them?

I agree on the pixelation on nbc, but I also think Fox is not that much better. CBS and ESPN are much better HD pictures to me than Fox.

hwc said:

Last weekend's Notre Dame HD telecast was so choppy and poor, I had to switch over and watch it on regular TV - and I have Comcast cable.

FOX is the best because they do almost every game they telecast in HD. CBS is fine when they do HD, but they suck because they only do 2-3 games in HD. ESPN is the best in terms of everything they broadcast is in HD, including all their college games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back