Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peter King on Colin cowherd

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

Said he is still doing some research but he is looking into numbers of colts games in 2004 and there were cases when they were up by 3-4 TD's and manning was still throwing the ball so this moniker on the pats being the bad guy isnt justified. Was surprised to hear it from king.
  2. PatsNut

PatsNut Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

and the fact all the media was talking about was Manning breaking the record...
  3. He Ban Me

He Ban Me Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

it's not that hard to do

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS0301

Go to "statistical database", you can use drop downs to filter your results. Manning had 7 4th quarter TD throws in '04. Only one was when they were leading by any margin at all. They were up somewhere b/tween 15-21 points (on the Titans I think, maybe Houston). They had trailed by at least 1 TD in that game as well.

The perception was Manning was "stat padding", but nothing like we have seen from Brady and Co.

Not that I care, I hope he throws 9 td's in a game, would be fun to watch.
    It IS funny how in '04, this was looked at QUITE A BIT DIFFERENTLY, Pat fan;)
  4. National Sports Advisors

National Sports Advisors Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Stat padding my arse. Where is this manual that suppossedly says how teams should conduct games? Brady could have had 5 TDs in every game other than the Colts if he really wanted to.
  5. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Seriously. Is there a site that shows how many snaps/minutes that Brady's been on the bench? In the first four games alone, he missed the equivalent of a full game.
  6. Xzibit23

Xzibit23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Before this season, Peter King used to be viewed as a Pats homer by non-Pats fans, including myself. So while Spygate has made many of you think he's a hater, he really isn't. A guy can have a wrong opinion without being a hater, it is actually possible:) .
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  7. PatsNut

PatsNut Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Those are facts that get left out because they go against the point that the "experts" are trying to make about running up the score. Why let facts get in the way of an argument, isn't the media great? ;)
  8. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You point to the times where he succeeded in throwing a TD pass as if it serves as the smoking gun evidence that he wasn't "padding the stats." There were plenty of games that season where Manning was in and throwing late in the game with a big lead, which is where all this bull about the Pats "disgracing the game" is coming from. Whatever works to take time off the clock is what should be the "issue" that is being talked about, not whether the Pats are ruining the NFL by throwing the ball late in games.

Now go whine somewhere else about the perceived slights you feel the Colts are suffering from on this board.
  9. hambone1818

hambone1818 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 3 / -0

All that needs to be said about the 'running it up' argument is that NO TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL HAS DONE THIS. That's it. There is no precident (sp?) for what this team is doing, NFL teams simply aren't supposed to blow every opponent away by the end of the half. So again, what are they supposed to do, take a knee from the end of the third quarter on in every damn game they play?

At no point have they really 'piled it on', if they were really doing that in Sunday's game we would have seen 80+ points on the board for the Pats. As Belichick likes to say, they're paid to score touchdowns and execute, and that's what they did.
  10. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Is that the standard? Pats had zero 4th quarter TD passes in the Bills game.
  11. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

12. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Stats don't tell the whole story. Go back to the game logs and see the use of Manning in the 4th quarter during that year. They were trying to score even in blowouts during the 4th quarter.

Use the link from my post above this one.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.