Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peter King - Not enough

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -0

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/14/belichick.reax.ap/index.html

Strong words.

2. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Strong words and somewhat surprising from King. IMHO, King has been more than fair to the Patriots over their years of dominance. While many were trying to shoot them down, he was there to prop them up. I guess this just goes to show that no one is beyond reproach.

3. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -0

Or that king is merely trying to appease other people throughout the league with his call. All week he said suspension wont happen , then suddenly he said it may and now he says it shouldve . How about giving an opinion before this all happened ? At that point he chose to stay on the fence.

4. cubicle_6

cubicle_6 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Peter King was actually one of a few guys who would occassionally get a nugget from BB.
    I don't think he'll get anything anymore.
    Same for many others who line up against the coach.
    And for this reason, perhaps, there won't be much balanced reporting of this going forward.

The ignorant masses will continue to not get the whole story of what the actual misdeed means to the game on the field.
    They'll continue to feed the thought that what the Pats did is completely unique in it's effect. We got what we deserved, imo, but it's still semantics with regard to what's legally "stealing" and what's "cheating", and THAT is what's not getting reported...bs.

5. kurtinelson

kurtinelson In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

Although I disagree, I give King credit for having a strong opinion.

6. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +187 / 3 / -2

Personally, I liked Clayton's contention that the Pats should have gotten an even steeper penalty because they've put themselves in a position to absorb the loss of a first rounder and still go about business as usual. :rolleyes:

7. dtbrks

dtbrks 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where was this opinion before the ruling?
    Come on Peter, your piling it on now.
    Go write about one of your coffee problems and STFU.

8. Section103

Section103 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Nevermind my original statement. It was inaccurate.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  9. tdw777

tdw777 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Quote: ...You know what that is? It's a classic deflection by Belichick. Instead of simply admitting he broke the rules and saying he deserves to be censured, he throws the changeup and tries to smokescreen us...

who's the us??? BB doesn't answer to "us"..he answers to Kraft, the team, and, if necessary, Goodell. Does King and the press believe that BB actually gives a rats ass about what they think? He doesn't play by their rules and never will.

BB's statement was good enough for me. It's not going to get any better than that..so get King and the rest of the press can get a ^%$# life and move on.

10. WhiZa

WhiZa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yea, now he's flip flopping? Obviously King is deflecting his previous opinion! That's an insult to the readers, and to every fan who loves either the Patriots, this game or both.

11. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

What, no stories about a colonoscopy? These same parasites will be kissing BB's @$$ when the team goes to the SB. And he'll remember their hypocrisy. If BB slapped Goodell in the face, it's because that doofus moron deserved it. As I see it, only Len Pasquarelli stood by BB in this sham.

12. true_patriot

true_patriot Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anybody know how to reach Peter King...
    His email address???

He is going to get an earful from.....

13. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am amazed at all the critics. A mistake was made, punishment applied and apology made. Move on. People get more upset about this then when the President violates the constitution with his illegal wire tap program. It's a game.

It's like catching your brother cheating while playing Monopoly. Smack him and move on.

14. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

He's got a point, I think.

Belichek could have easily been suspended for a number of games. I'd rather have had that than lose a first-rounder like we did.

But cheating is such a bad message to send to the youngsters. And now all the losers to the Patriots can point the finger without worrying about justifying their allegations.

Like the YouTube video has a commentator say the Pats stole the SuperBowl from the Carolina Panthers.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg

He conveniently forgets abouts his boys chewing the illegal, testosterone-laced gum.

15. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Why not just eliminate the Patriots as a franchise? That way, they could be sure there was no more videotaping!

Or cheating.

It seems these guys are adept at substituting one for the other.

Guess words don't mean what they used to....

16. NEPat

NEPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree with everything King said about Belichick's weak apology, arrogance, and BB as Nixon, etc.

But I definitely think the punishment was fair. Belichick was punished as much as possible financially, and the team lost a first rounder. A first rounder!

I'm kind of amazed people think the punishment isn't enough. It's huge, in my opinion.

17. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wade Wilson and the situation with BB have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with each other. Petey, if you think it's a double standard, then take it up with Goodell. Don't take it out on BB. It's not his fault Wade couldn't get it up.

Plus, good luck enforcing that suspension. So BB can't come to games or come to Gillette for practices and meetings. Okay, what's to stop assistant coaches from going to BBs house or teleconferncing to do the game planning? They could even do it over the phone. Last time I checked, wiretapping is illegal without a warrant -- even for Goodell and his goons. A suspension would have accomplished nothing.

18. AirForcePatFan

AirForcePatFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Everyone has opinions... It's us( PatriotsNation) against the world...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.