Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/04/20/mmqb/1.html

1. Jake Long
2. Chris Long
3. Matt Ryan
4. Glenn Dorsey
5. Ryan Clady
6. Darren McFadden
7. New England. DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State. I think the Patriots will sniff around a couple of guys this week, most notably Chris Long in the off-chance he makes it to No. 7, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up to the Chiefs' pick if they think the Jets might be Gholston people. Remember how weak the Patriot rush was in the Super Bowl -- and fairly consistently weak at points late in the season? Richard Seymour's postseason: 12 quarters, zero quarterback pressures or sacks. New England has to address that.

The one thing that would stun me is a cornerback. Bill Belichick, in Cleveland and in New England, has had 14 first-round picks, and only once did he take a cornerback -- Antonio Langham, the just-okay DB from Alabama in 1994, picked way too high at No. 9 overall. The Patriots plucked Asante Samuel in the fourth round. They're far more likely to help their front seven if they pick at No. 7, then take a cornerback down the line.

Also said on the first page that the Jets love Matt Ryan. I'd still be surprised if they took him (need to win now, don't want to admit screwing up 2006 draft), but if I were them I'd take him.

[/QUOTE] Also said on the first page that the Jets love Matt Ryan. I'd still be surprised if they took him (need to win now, don't want to admit screwing up 2006 draft), but if I were them I'd take him.[/QUOTE]

us getting Gholston IMO will depend on whether Oakland takes Dorsey or not. I heard a while back that Oakland liked Gholston.

Last edited:
King gets points for working an Antonio Langham reference in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes