PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Matt Walsh doesn't have "the goods" on the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I don't think this will ever end. There may be an end to any investigations, but the damage is done and irreparable. To a decent size of the public, the Pats will always be guilty and there is no way to disprove a rumor.

I still think this is a witch hunt against the Patriots. There are plenty of rumors out there about other teams cheating, why only focus on the rumors of the Patriots? Just because they got caught violating the rules once, doesn't mean it gives them the right to investigate every allegation that isn't supported by evidence. The police can't pull someone over for drunk driving and use that to get a search warrant to search their home for drugs.

As for Clayton, when I hear him talking about this stuff. He acts like a kid on Christmas morning waiting impatiently for everyone to wake up so he can open his presents. I think he wants this story to keep going so he has an eventful offseason. I think it is more wishful thinking on his part rather than actual insight.

I think this will be around as long as Brady and Belichick are with the Patriots. At this point it's something Patriots fans are going to have to live with as long as the Pats are a team in contention.

On the bright side, the Pats will probably play the maximum 6 nationally televised games a year, and what other team doesn't wan't a guaranteed sellout on their schedule with lots of exposure. Although they won't admit it, this why Dallas fans really despise the Patriots. The Cowboys popularity over the years has been about how many people enjoy seeing them lose as much as they have the bandwagon fans. In a lot of ways the national focus put on the Cowboys good or bad, has shifted to New England(notice I didn't use the words:America's Team).

Since this appears to be here to stay, rather than try and fight it, use the spotlight as an advantage.

This whole issue is the worst case of "point the finger" and as many have already said, the only purpose was to throw a wrench in the middle of the superbowl and hope, no pray, that the Pats lose because of this negative attention...

It is one thing to be disrespected by another team (that inspires a team more to play well).. but to answer the same questions day in and day out ... stupid, meaningless, idiotic, rambling, pointless, etc. etc. ... that must have worn down the team more than anything else..

I think the Pats were probably wishing the game was over even before it began.. I could be wrong but I didn't see that same fire in Brady or any of the others .. not the fire that could be seen in the previous Superbowls...

Well, I guess everyone (except us) got their wish... Let's focus on 08 ..

I think this will be around as long as Brady and Belichick are with the Patriots. At this point it's something Patriots fans are going to have to live with as long as the Pats are a team in contention.

On the bright side, the Pats will probably play the maximum 6 nationally televised games a year, and what other team doesn't wan't a guaranteed sellout on their schedule with lots of exposure. Although they won't admit it, this why Dallas fans really despise the Patriots. The Cowboys popularity over the years has been about how many people enjoy seeing them lose as much as they have the bandwagon fans. In a lot of ways the national focus put on the Cowboys good or bad, has shifted to New England(notice I didn't use the words:America's Team).

Since this appears to be here to stay, rather than try and fight it, use the spotlight as an advantage.

I believe once Goodell speaks to the national media again, he will say even more in support of the Patriots. He has already told the nation that what the Patriots did in the Jets game was no big deal as far as the action is concerned. He went even a step further and stated what Patriot fans have been saying all along "stealing signals is something every team does". The ONLY thing the Patriots did wrong was to get caught defying Goodell's warning.

Frank Gifford in front of the entire nation on Super Bowl Sunday stated that all the fuss over the Patriots is unwarrented and stems from envy. That coming froma NY Giant icon! These are the facts & everything else is rumor. And the funny thing is what Goodell, Gifford and many, many other NFL players and coaches have said in support of the Patriots and Belichick is also fact...yet some actually choose not to believe it.

If we think about it, videogate had all but gone away when this lie/rumor from Walsh started. When we look at how it was timed for the eve of the Super Bowl, it is obvious that once again Frank Gifford's words hold true...

"This all comes from envy of the success the Patriots have achieved" with the key word being "ACHIEVED". As Walsh is proven a liar, I think the many in the media will be embaressed by how gullible they are. And hopefully, envious opposing fans will also realize they have been wrong to judge the Patriots. After all, they are no different than any other team.

Outside the 3 SB's since 2001.

Last edited:
This whole issue is the worst case of "point the finger" and as many have already said, the only purpose was to throw a wrench in the middle of the superbowl and hope, no pray, that the Pats lose because of this negative attention...

It is one thing to be disrespected by another team (that inspires a team more to play well).. but to answer the same questions day in and day out ... stupid, meaningless, idiotic, rambling, pointless, etc. etc. ... that must have worn down the team more than anything else..

I think the Pats were probably wishing the game was over even before it began.. I could be wrong but I didn't see that same fire in Brady or any of the others .. not the fire that could be seen in the previous Superbowls...

Well, I guess everyone (except us) got their wish... Let's focus on 08 ..

I agree Karran. To me, it was the media's way at getting back at the Patriots, Goodell and most of all, Bill Belichik. If they actually believe they were vindicated and are pleased with the results, we no longer have sports reporters.

I wish there was a way to remove or make it impossible for any reporter to write articles that are influenced by their own emotions. If there are actually reporters out there who would purposefully attempt to influence the outcome of the SB, they don't deserve to be reporters...and they deserve no respect.

But what can we do? We are powerless.

personally, i think we have a long way to go, before this goes away, if it ever does. think about it, all walsh has to say is "the pats had me tape this, and that"...no proof needed. there hasnt been any yet, and we're still being called cheaters. fans of other teams our jealous. as much as i dont like it, im starting to get used to it. I just dont see GODell saying anything to the media, that will fix the damage.:(

personally, i think we have a long way to go, before this goes away, if it ever does. think about it, all walsh has to say is "the pats had me tape this, and that"...no proof needed. there hasnt been any yet, and we're still being called cheaters. fans of other teams our jealous. as much as i dont like it, im starting to get used to it. I just dont see GODell saying anything to the media, that will fix the damage.:(

Goodell has already come out in support of the Patriots when he stated they weren't doing anything any different than other teams (stealing signals).

If there is no proof from Walsh, Goodell will condemn the story as pure rumor.

Goodell has already come out in support of the Patriots when he stated they weren't doing anything any different than other teams (stealing signals).

If there is no proof from Walsh, Goodell will condemn the story as pure rumor.

you missed my point. the damage is done. the majority of football fans(the dumb ones) still refer to us as cheaters. that hasnt changed, and will not change anytime soon, just cause goodell said everybody does it. rumors dont need proof to be damaging. oh well. we all better get used to it.

you missed my point. the damage is done. the majority of football fans(the dumb ones) still refer to us as cheaters. that hasnt changed, and will not change anytime soon, just cause goodell said everybody does it. rumors dont need proof to be damaging. oh well. we all better get used to it.

As I stated before, this issue had pretty much gone away before the Walsh rumor/story was released, so I don't know why you think it will stick with us. What opposing fans think has no value to us as Patriot fans. The only thing important to us is how we are viewed historically and fans opinions have no influence on the historical perspective.

I guess we'll have to wait until next year to find out as the Patriots will once again be SB contenders. If we go through the year with little being said about spygate and then make the playoffs and rumors begin to fly, we'll know for sure that this is all a media ploy.

He could be sued if he lies.

I think Goodel needs to make some investigation into all the teams, and then make a final statement that would say something like, "The league has investigated all current teams for illegal video taping. This matter is now closed and any past transgressions have been forgiven. From here on any and all transsgressions will be penalized as already established."

Yes, I realize this does nothing to help the Pats. But there has to be a friggin end to this BS. Otherwise it will come up over and over again! I don't want to spend another minute of another season having this talked about.

Last edited:
I think Goodel needs to make some investigation into all the teams, and then make a final statement that would say something like, "The league has investigated all current teams for illegal video taping. This matter is now closed and any past transgressions have been forgiven. From here on any and all transsgressions will be penalized as already established."

Yes, I realize this does nothing to help the Pats. But there has to be a friggin end to this BS. Otherwise it will come up over and over again! I don't want to spend another minute of another season having this talked about.

I think the commissioner has to do SOMETHING here - as long as he states we were not the only ones and then moves forward, that'd be cool.

Leaving NE out there twisting in the wind for so long is wrong, unless we were the only ones (I am 99% sure we are not alone).

now, that's just funny.

I think the commissioner has to do SOMETHING here - as long as he states we were not the only ones and then moves forward, that'd be cool.

Maybe so, but that doesn't work all that well either since he then has to explain how the team that is "not the only ones" got docked a 1st round pick.

Leaving NE out there twisting in the wind for so long is wrong, unless we were the only ones (I am 99% sure we are not alone).

Maybe, but at this time those tapes that other teams may have are so far removed from the premisis it ain't even funny.

If they did an investigation of all 32 teams, AT THE SAME TIME they looked into the Patriots, it is my gut feeling they definately would have come up with something.

That being said, if the Patriots had some HARD EVIDENCE of other teams doing this, this would help our case. NE needs hard evidence that other teams did this or some other act that was just as illegal. As BB always says there are going to be grey areas and various interpretations of the rules where coaches and organizations are gonna say, "oh, that is what the rule meant, I interpreted it another way".

Let's be honest, these rules in the NFL are bent over backwards to help get teams win games and ultimately championships, all teams do it, we got caught. We are guilty in the court of public opinion.

If NE has hard evidence, I would love to see them pursue and present their case in a way that admits their guilt, and at the same time paints a picture of all the other teams that they are not as squeaky clean as their fans would have them believe, based on any evidence they have.

And if that puney punk Walsh is using this for his 15 minutes, karma will be a biotch for you kid. With any luck Daley is gonna hit you in your lying nads with 1 #1 driver....oversized.

F Tomase.

Peter King at least bothers to try to verify.

F the Herald

whatever comes of this, the NFL claims they fully investigated this already. Walsh says they never spoke to him.

How can the NFL possibly say they fully investigated the issue and not have talked to the guy making claims?

whatever comes of this, the NFL claims they fully investigated this already. Walsh says they never spoke to him.

How can the NFL possibly say they fully investigated the issue and not have talked to the guy making claims?

They guy never made a claim until very recently. He was gone from the team in 2003 I believe. Was the league going to interview every former employee since 2000? I do not think so.

There were no facts or evidence just rumors, that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back