PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Many in the league thinks Mangini is a rat fink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He said he spoke to a coach who went on a profanity drenched tirade about what Mangini did to Belichick after what Belichick did to his career. He said many others in the league feels the same way.

King did defend Mangini though.

The other coaches will be paying the coming weeks. All are now under the spotlight.

yes listening to him now..king is such a hypocrite! that set up ques from dale..about the draft picks! how king did about face,

If Belichick were flat out cheating then I would have no problem with The Rat. What he was doing, though, just using a preferred method for scouting was bullsh!t to be turned in for. We can still do the same thing with a computer or pen and paper; it wont't change the end result just the methodology.

Good to hear what you wrote that King said.

Sorry, I didn't give the source. He is on WEEI.

He is being a huge apologist for Mangini though.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a sting operation, in which Mangini was asked by the league to report any cameras

Sorry, I didn't give the source. He is on WEEI.

He is being a huge apologist for Mangini though.

King's an idiot. He's never right about anything. One day he says one thing, and then the day after he says another. He's always been an apologist.

I'm sick of King's tired act. He's a joke.

The Pats will go on to have a brilliant season, and this trumped up episode will become a laughing matter, a joke. The enduring mark of "videogate" will be Mangini's hypocrisy and ingratitude. It will tar him the rest of his career. If he fails with Jets, he will never get another head coaching job in the NFL.

just remember, with a friend like Peter King you don't need many enemies...

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a sting operation, in which Mangini was asked by the league to report any cameras

Yeah. Right. Because this whole public episode has been GREAT for the NFL.

Who made you a moderator?

King is all over the board on this issue. He said that he wouldn't be surprised if the Jets were actually videotaping Dean Pees on Sunday and they very well could have. He thinks it is going on all over the league. But he thinks that Belichick doing it and getting caught is a huge shock and sin. I don't get it.

Last edited:
I like the part where King talked with Rex Ryan about having to change his signals for this weekends game against the Jets....because he knows Mangina will be going after his signals.

I've been envisioning Belichick and Scarneccia at Gillette together late at night. Two tough, assshole, old school coaches who make sailors sound like choir boys and thinking about what those two have been saying. Good stuff :)

I wouldn't be surprised it was a sting operation, but more so that Mangini ratted out the Pats prior to the game how the Pats do video tape signals and had the NFL ready to pounce. I don't think the league approached Mangini. I think Mangini approached the league.

King is all over the board on this issue. He said that he wouldn't be surprised if the Jets were actually videotaping Dean Pees on Sunday and they very well could have. He thinks it is going on all over the league. But he thinks that Belichick doing it and getting caught is a huge shock and sin. I don't get it.

It seems that what he is most bothered by is the "arrogant manner" in which NE did this. He says that caoches across the league are shocked, but then he goes on to say that they say it would be easier to just film it from another location.

Then he goes on to say that the punishment is not severe enough. Peter, you have good sources but your own thoughts are usually so ridiculous that I have no idea why you have your own column. Basically what you are saying is that you have minimal issues with the filming of the signs, but you hate the brazen manner. So........... arrogance is worth surrendering a first rounder and a $500,000 fine?

Glad I got that straight.

I wouldn't be surprised it was a sting operation, but more so that Mangini ratted out the Pats prior to the game how the Pats do video tape signals and had the NFL ready to pounce. I don't think the league approached Mangini. I think Mangini approached the league.

I'm with Grizz on this. I think if the league knew about it someone would have told BB and Kraft about it. They don't need this bad press. This whole thing isn't good for anyone.

It doesn't surprise me that people thing Mangini is a rat. HE IS!

I just hope he knows how he screwed himself for the rest of his coaching life. When he gets canned by the Jets (I'm betting next year, maybe mid-season), no other HC in the league is going to want him on their staff. He is a stoolie and a backstabber. Nobody will ever want him around their teams, playbooks or coaches. This is it for him.

I'm with Grizz on this. I think if the league knew about it someone would have told BB and Kraft about it. They don't need this bad press. This whole thing isn't good for anyone.

Well, they did issue a clarification of the rule on the Thursday prior to the game. It could mean that they were aware of it.

I don't know if there was a sting, but I wouldn't be surprised. I assume the Jets did just rat out the Pats during the game, but we will never know for sure.

Kings an idiot! All he did was say the penalty wasn't severe enough because the pats already have 2 first rounders. Just an idiot, and Dale n Holley let him off light, they should have taken him to task on his rants. He says what the pats did was terrible for the league, worse than steroids, cocaine, ect... He keeps ballwashing Mangini, and then when they ask him if it goes on all over the league (specifically did he think mangini does the same thing) he says yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes