PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King just on the Fan590 (toronto sports radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remains to be seen......we whooped it up when the Patriots signed David Terrell, anybody seem to remember that one? What about the Starks deal, we shouted hooray on that one too?

Let's take the wait and see approach.
What the hell are you drinking? Holy cow, many of us were retching over the Terrelll signing, some of us thought he really needed to take his ADD medication a bit more seriously. *ahem*

-Believes that Welker was an even bigger pick up than Stallworth. He feels Welker will turn into something special.
He's not the only one.

I look at it from pure emotion. I hated Rodney Harrison when he was with the Bolts, I loved him here--the minute he signed that paper--even more once I got to watch him every week and listen to him speak. I hated Corey Dillon. I hate the ones that scare me when I see them in the other teams' colors. I love them here. I hated Wes Welker last year. Forget stats.. he just flat out scared me every time the ball was in his hands. I hated him.

I got a feeling I'm gonna love him this year. :D

Stallworth impressed me, he surprised and amazed me some times, but he wasn't quite hated. He didnt' scare me. I wasn't hot on bringing him here, but I'm excited to see what he can do this year now that he's here. But I never hated him. I fricken' hated Wes Welker.

:confused: What? Nobody "whooped it up." The Patriots made no financial commitment whatsoever to Terrell. He was brought in to see if they could catch lightening in a bottle, and he was jettisoned with minimal cap impact.

Apples and oranges.

I whooped it up. :(

I still have no idea why DT didn't get his act together. He really is a good guy, and has the raw skills to be in the L. He got too into the star hype that followed him at Michigan, and lived the life instead of putting in his time. If he hadn't gotten hurt, I think reuniting with Tommy may have made the difference. I hope things work out with him in Atlanta (if that is indeed where he ends up.)

That said, I don't think even my expectations were for DT to be the man here. We knew he'd have to re-prove himself, while with Stallworth and Welker, we know what we're getting, and we're salivating at what they can be in this offense. Kelley Washington is a better comparison to DT, and believe me, I think he can be very good here. I'm quite excited about him.

I hated ... I hated ...I hate the ones that scare ... I hated ... just flat out scared me ...I hated him. ...I fricken' hated...
**sigh** "Pooberty" hit him hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back