PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter king continues on the videogate

Status
Not open for further replies.
put a lock on this thread, we as patriot fans should follow the lead of our leader and coach, put this behind us and concentrate on the bengals, if the media types like fat pig king cant let it go thats his problem by posting it all your doing is adding fuel to the fire the story is over

Why Thomas, why? Just to keep the pot boiling?

If nothing was found, then that should be the end of it. You know damn well if they released the information the vultures would have swarmed al over it. They would take the smallest ant hill and make a volcanic mountain over it.

That's why not.

Without even knowing what the Patriots sent to the league office and what the league office destroyed, it's hard to know what review the league office could possibly have made. How about some information about what was destroyed? Was it 30 minutes of tape and 5 pages of notes? 100 hours of tape and 500 pages of notes?

Part of the problem I have is that whatever it was was destroyed so quickly. I think the commish just wanted to put a lid on the whole thing, and I think he blew it.

The very fact that people like Peter King would say what he said is something that we, as Patriots fans, would want to have cleared up. We can't blame other people for having these perceptions.

I do get pissed at people who act as though stealing signs was in itself "cheating" - because it's not cheating to steal signs. I don't even like it when the entire affair is referred to as a "cheating scandal" because it wasn't about "cheating" (as I see it). It was an infraction of the rules, but it's no more cheating than offensive holding is "cheating".

Last edited:
The best way to kill a story is to remove all new material. Everything PK and Easterbrook have said amounts only to speculation. You can't keep a story going with speculation, even when it concerns real news (this is, after all, entertainment, with an even shorter half-life than the real world).

Even Florio at PFT can only mumble his thoughts to himself for so long without any new developments.

I've noticed, however, that when journalists write about the Patriots these days, where once they might have quoted Belichick and talked about Belichick's great coaching, the great defensive mind, all that, now they are more likely to talk about the players. And I'm sure that bothers Belichick not one bit.

put a lock on this thread, we as patriot fans should follow the lead of our leader and coach, put this behind us and concentrate on the bengals, if the media types like fat pig king cant let it go thats his problem by posting it all your doing is adding fuel to the fire the story is over

I'm not sure who you consider your leader, but if you mean Kraft, of course he wants us to forget about it, because we are his customers.

I don't personally think of people who entertain me to be my "leaders" however.

AhHA! So again, I am not the ONLY one who thinks this way! Regardless of CONTENTS, it was certainly an oddball way to end things, and it will ALWAYS leave questions.

Wasn't PK LAUDED last week for his article stating video was a minor piece. Now that he questions the destruction, some Pats fans are again OFF his bandwagon. Don't you see how obvious your homerism goes??

Who's the guy that applauds BB and Kraft for NOT COMMENTING?? Are you serious??? They are the good guys because YOU THINK they had the power to tell the LEAGUE to launch an all out investigation?? HAHA. The reason they were silent is because that way their stories stay straight. Nothing to say, because it could not have possibly reflected good on the team. WTF would they speak in detail about any infraction??

Anyway, it's over, now, how many fantasy points is Brady going to score for me tonight??
For someone criticizing fans for wanting to let this go, why do you obsess over it? How do you actually claim to think that there is more to this story? How do you seem to know more about something than everyone else? Maybe you should join the cult of conspiracists that believe in a government/alien cover-up. In fact, maybe there was evidence of this on those tapes and Goodell is an alien and did it to protect the interests of the free universe!! In that case, you should be thankful!!

King is about access. He sides with those who give it to him, and hates those who don't. The Patriots have cut him off. Cut him off entirely. None of them are speaking to him. He wants their "side" of the story. He's not getting it, and it's burning him up. That's why he's keeping the fire lit.

I've long thought Peter King was a d-bag, and his argument here is a stupid one. There's certain things about the NFL that fans and the media need not know. It's kind of like how they make hot dogs. Do I know how they make hot dogs? No. Do I want to know? No. Do I like hot dogs? Yes. If the NFL let King and other reporters let us know everything about the game, whether it's things like how much teams "spy" on each other, how prevalent performance enhancing drugs are, how much a beating these players take, etc., etc., I don't think that'd be a good thing.

"What I think the league found was a small cache of tapes but a larger stack of notes explaining exactly what the tapes taught the team. That's what I
think, but we'll never know, will we?"

Well gosh, PK - what responsible journalism.

Seriously, what a gossipy little school girl he is.

I'm not sure who you consider your leader, but if you mean Kraft, of course he wants us to forget about it, because we are his customers.

I don't personally think of people who entertain me to be my "leaders" however.
by the sound of it your leader is the media, just drop it and go away i can tell your life is miserable

AhHA! So again, I am not the ONLY one who thinks this way! Regardless of CONTENTS, it was certainly an oddball way to end things, and it will ALWAYS leave questions.

Wasn't PK LAUDED last week for his article stating video was a minor piece. Now that he questions the destruction, some Pats fans are again OFF his bandwagon. Don't you see how obvious your homerism goes??

Who's the guy that applauds BB and Kraft for NOT COMMENTING?? Are you serious??? They are the good guys because YOU THINK they had the power to tell the LEAGUE to launch an all out investigation?? HAHA. The reason they were silent is because that way their stories stay straight. Nothing to say, because it could not have possibly reflected good on the team. WTF would they speak in detail about any infraction??

Anyway, it's over, now, how many fantasy points is Brady going to score for me tonight??

But not as many fantasy points as the late game injuries to Marvin Harrison and Joseph Addai are going to do to the very thin C-L-O-T-S...

The Clots disappear into mediocrity as soon as their mighty Offense merely becomes just pretty good... And how is Tony Ugoh doing as a very pale imitiation of Tarik Glenn. Piece by piece the mortar is being chipped out of the Clots Offense...

They could have simply released all the material. Why not?
Because then everyone would have everyone else's signals, and that wouldn't make anyone happy.

For someone criticizing fans for wanting to let this go, why do you obsess over it? How do you actually claim to think that there is more to this story? How do you seem to know more about something than everyone else? Maybe you should join the cult of conspiracists that believe in a government/alien cover-up. In fact, maybe there was evidence of this on those tapes and Goodell is an alien and did it to protect the interests of the free universe!! In that case, you should be thankful!!
Hey Man, all I know is you guys think I'm nuts, but PK, EASTERBROOK, SCOOP, Sports Talk Radio guys, and a FEW posters here are in my same corner. How's the Kool Aid??

I've long thought Peter King was a d-bag, and his argument here is a stupid one.

The thing to realize about Peter King is that he doesn't even try to provide any insight into the actual game of football any more. It is all "outside the lines", controversy and/or human interest crap.

Anyone see his interview with Favre yesterday? Favre was pretty clear he wanted to focus on the team and their 4-0 record, but good ole Peter talked about everything but..."history", "legend" and my favorite "do you wish your dad was around to see this?" What is he supposed to say, dipwad? King is almost no substance nowadays. He is pretty much dead to me now.

FWIW...I swear he almost mouthed "I want to kiss you." near the end of the Favre interview. It was that sickening.

Last edited:
Without even knowing what the Patriots sent to the league office and what the league office destroyed, it's hard to know what review the league office could possibly have made. How about some information about what was destroyed? Was it 30 minutes of tape and 5 pages of notes? 100 hours of tape and 500 pages of notes?

Part of the problem I have is that whatever it was was destroyed so quickly. I think the commish just wanted to put a lid on the whole thing, and I think he blew it.

The very fact that people like Peter King would say what he said is something that we, as Patriots fans, would want to have cleared up. We can't blame other people for having these perceptions.

I do get pissed at people who act as though stealing signs was in itself "cheating" - because it's not cheating to steal signs. I don't even like it when the entire affair is referred to as a "cheating scandal" because it wasn't about "cheating" (as I see it). It was an infraction of the rules, but it's no more cheating than offensive holding is "cheating".

I was totally pissed when the tape had been leaked to Glazier and he showed it on national TV. However after I cooled down and thought about what the tape showed (the coaches, then the scoreboard, then the coaches, then the scoreboard), I was convinced that there was no "cheating" going on.

So if all the tapes were the same thing and Bill's notes just reflected tendencies of the coaches, that means there was nothing. Releasing them to the media, as big as the media is and how competitive media people are to get noticed, would have been a giant mistake by the NFL.

They said that there was nothing there to bring further penalties. The speculators will speculate anyway. So just end it.

I wonder if King seriously does not think the original tape being leaked had something to do with the NFL getting quiet and destroying everything. He doesn't mention it, so the assumption stands that he doesn't consider it important. I personally see it as very important and don't think it is a coincidence that the NFL got very quiet about the investigation after the tape came out.

This is a great example of the media as a whole not wanting to deal with consequences. I am all for the release of information, reporters protecting their sources, etc. What I am not a fan of is when reporters think that these concepts excuse them of consequences.

Subverting the NFL's security to get that tape was obviously going to upset the NFL and make it much more guarded about any future tapes. The NFL ended the investigation abruptly and destroyed evidence in order to prevent the press from gaining access to it.

Inability to recognize that this new procedure is a direct result of the media's interference is either blindness, idealism, or stupidity. Everyone writing about the investigation is suffering from one of them.

This is the height of stupidity. The league said they found nothing further.
What are they supposed to do? Give out daily press releases saying that for 30 straight days to keep up with the conspiracy theorists?

You're right Andy. But this is not about the substance of the scandal. It's about punishing the Patriots, who refuse to play the media's game. What they want is a Patriots team and organization that is humbled before the might of the media, and nothing short of a compete capitulation is acceptable.

The poster who mentioned access has it right. Without access, Peter King is just another hack, riding NJ transit to a dead end job. He's not in any way football smart - and after a gazillion years in a sports writers job, you would think some would rub off. If you listen to anything he says that is at all interesting (relating to football), it is always something related to some football player or coach he talked to. Take that away, and all you have is some mildly amusing (but ultimately tedious) anecdotes about coffee and traveling. Zzzzz

So if the Patriots have cut off access (to perhaps the next Superbowl team), that is deadly to people like King. So he is using the only leverage left to him - keep writing negative things till BB capitulates.

If Tom Jackson is any measure, I think he has a long wait.

R

They could have simply released all the material. Why not?
Let's see...do they release all teh drug tests when a player is caught?? Do they actually even let the media see the evidence?? Well why not?? seems like everyone wishes to know selectively...

You're right Andy. But this is not about the substance of the scandal. It's about punishing the Patriots, who refuse to play the media's game. What they want is a Patriots team and organization that is humbled before the might of the media, and nothing short of a compete capitulation is acceptable.

The poster who mentioned access has it right. Without access, Peter King is just another hack, riding NJ transit to a dead end job. He's not in any way football smart - and after a gazillion years in a sports writers job, you would think some would rub off. If you listen to anything he says that is at all interesting (relating to football), it is always something related to some football player or coach he talked to. Take that away, and all you have is some mildly amusing (but ultimately tedious) anecdotes about coffee and traveling. Zzzzz

So if the Patriots have cut off access (to perhaps the next Superbowl team), that is deadly to people like King. So he is using the only leverage left to him - keep writing negative things till BB capitulates.

If Tom Jackson is any measure, I think he has a long wait.

R
Absoluetly right...and it's funny how King will not at all inquire into OTHER modes of cheating liek Sando has done.but keeps opushing teh same BS...it is all about access and information and NOT knowledge or understanding..PK is a big A**hole.. and I wish Holley would have the guts to call him on some of his nonsense....

Hey Man, all I know is you guys think I'm nuts, but PK, EASTERBROOK, SCOOP, Sports Talk Radio guys, and a FEW posters here are in my same corner. How's the Kool Aid??

Although we certainly enjoy your loud-mouthed charm, we already know that some big-name writers and scandal-mongering talk radio guys are in your corner. We know that; what do you think we have been talking about here, over the noise? We also know that there are many intelligent football people who see the matter as we do. We may be outnumbered at times, but we are not alone.

It doesn't matter to us, not because we are blind, but because we are secure. Secure enough to recognize irresponsible journalism, and secure enough to admit the faults of our team's head coach while also acknowledging his strengths. Your opinion is your own, and you're welcome to it; but your childish mocking and shouting is unlikely to change any minds, because while we understand where it comes from, we powerfully disagree.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :bricks:

I'm sure they found exactly what they expected to find on those tapes: more of the same as was on the Jets tape. But the Pats didn't lose a first round draft pick for doing it just once, they were punished for all their filming up to that point. There were no new conclusions.

And obviously they're not going to release the tapes, which have everyone's signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back