PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Belichick deserves better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Peter King:Belichick deserves better

This guy's opinion means nothing, his columns are merely a barometer of the mob.

Excellent piece, it makes a good case for BB,while taking the media to task for using a double standard. I.E Where was all the of running up the score yew,and cry when Indy was doing the same thing three years ago. All though he forgot to include himself.

Ever since he was one the D+H show about a month and a half ago,where they layed into him about spygate he's changed back to the old P.King I remember.The Pats were one of his favorite teams. I could never understand what he was trying to accomplish with the "spygate" crap,or why he was doing it against a team that for the last 4-5 years he had nothing but praise for.

Last edited:

More crap from Peter King, barometer of the mob:
--------
From Jason of Lincoln, Mass.: "Who is your coach of the year so far and why? And if the Patriots do go 16-0, how can it not be Belichick?''

So far, I'd say Mike McCarthy, **** Jauron or Belichick. Glad I don't have to make that call right now. It would be hard -- you're right -- to not vote for a coach of a 16-0 team, and I have been thinking how much of a factor Spygate should be when I cast my vote. I'm still thinking about it. I'll let you know. But you should know this: I don't automatically not vote for Belichick because of Spygate. But it will be a factor in my decision, because it happened this year. "

Last edited:

I liked the emailer who said that you could put any competent QB in Brady's situation and the numbers would be the same.

This world is full of ******s.

More crap from Peter King, barometer of the mob:
--------
From Jason of Lincoln, Mass.: "Who is your coach of the year so far and why? And if the Patriots do go 16-0, how can it not be Belichick?''

So far, I'd say Mike McCarthy, **** Jauron or Belichick. Glad I don't have to make that call right now. It would be hard -- you're right -- to not vote for a coach of a 16-0 team, and I have been thinking how much of a factor Spygate should be when I cast my vote. I'm still thinking about it. I'll let you know. But you should know this: I don't automatically not vote for Belichick because of Spygate. But it will be a factor in my decision, because it happened this year. "

Hey Pete, Romeo Crennel says "hi".

Peter King needs to read the thread on this board of historical blowouts without media whining.

King is just stirring the pot and trying to look innocent while he does it.

F R A U D! :mad: I dislike people who do this .... (barf <:::)

wish we had a barf emotion icon

What a freakin' flip-flopper. I used to enjoy his columns. This last one was OK but it's hard to appreciate since he is talking from both sides of his mouth.

Last edited:

King was leading the charge against BB and the Pats from the beginning. He lent his industry credibility to the story, using his platforms on SI, HBO and NBC to fan the flames of scandal throughout the country. Never once did he question the motives of the members of the competition committee, or validate the frequency with which signal-taping or other technological gamesmanship has occured in the league, or question whether a green commissioner with a PR background was railroaded into a hasty decision by political pressures from the Players Association, or wonder whether the media firestorm had been orchestrated by the Jets for unscrupulous reasons. King never based his decision on right or wrong, only on how he could advance his own position in the NFL Halls of Power. He decided to throw his lot in with last season's victors, carrying Polian's water, currying favor with the new Commish, acquiescing to the ridiculous demands of the PA, arguing that the same draconian measures leveled against criminals like Pac Man should be meted out against BB.

Now the tide has turned. The firestorm has all but burned out, but for a few embers fanned by backroom cynics. Reason, and logic are starting to assert themselves, and more importantly for King, the Pats are on the verge of becoming the single greatest story in the history of the NFL. Who will tell that story? Will it be the folks at Fox, who have stood by BB throughout? Or ESPN, where Keyshawn has defended his old friend from the beginning? Or SI, where King knifed his long time subjects in the back?

King is trying to cover his tracks now, but I hope at least the members of this board have long memories. I know BB does, and he will remember every disgraceful thing King said prior to his latest cynical turnaround. I hope BB gives him the old "Tom Jackson" when the time is right.

Last edited:

King is trying to cover his tracks now, but I hope at least the members of this board have long memories. I know BB does, and he will remember every disgraceful thing King said prior to his latest cynical turnaround. I hope BB gives him the old "Tom Jackson" when the time is right.

King's columns this season and hearing his appearance on WEEI have showed me he has no credibility, I do not respect his opinion anymore, he is just a barometer of the mob, he can't think for himself.

I hope Belichick and Brady give him the cold shoulder the rest of their careers. This is what Michael Jordan used to do and it was very effective, you did not want to be blackballed by Jordan.

Last edited:

Oh, BTW, who the F cares about "Coach of the Year" awards? BB won it 1994 with the Browns but his critics still like to argue he was a "rotten" coach back then. I'm sure that award has as much meaning to him as a shiny turd.

Last edited:

What a TOOOOOOL

I guess Peter wants to talk to some Patriots in the next few weeks.

Not only does he flip from week to week, but just within this 1 column he takes both sides. He's really become unreadable, I don't know how anyone can respect him any more.

What a freakin' flip-flopper. I used to enjoy his columns. This last one was OK but it's hard to appreciate since he is talking from both sides of his mouth.

Yup. I like King, but it is difficult to take his defense of Belichick seriously when he acted like Belichick should apologize for Spygate like he had committed murder. It was that ridiculous.

One good point he makes is that not all of the Pats "running up the score" games are equal. I mean, to me it was obvious Belichick was doing all he could to run it up on the Skins. The Bills game? I really think they weren't deliberately trying to run it up, that seemed clear to me having watched both games.

I guess Peter wants to talk to some Patriots in the next few weeks.

And Belichick.

King was leading the charge against BB and the Pats from the beginning. He lent his industry credibility to the story, using his platforms on SI, HBO and NBC to fan the flames of scandal throughout the country. Never once did he question the motives of the members of the competition committee, or validate the frequency with which signal-taping or other technological gamesmanship has occured in the league, or question whether a green commissioner with a PR background was railroaded into a hasty decision by political pressures from the Players Association, or wonder whether the media firestorm had been orchestrated by the Jets for unscrupulous reasons. King never based his decision on right or wrong, only on how he could advance his own position in the NFL Halls of Power. He decided to throw his lot in with last season's victors, carrying Polian's water, currying favor with the new Commish, acquiescing to the ridiculous demands of the PA, arguing that the same draconian measures leveled against criminals like Pac Man should be meted out against BB.

Now the tide has turned. The firestorm has all but burned out, but for a few embers fanned by backroom cynics. Reason, and logic are starting to assert themselves, and more importantly for King, the Pats are on the verge of becoming the single greatest story in the history of the NFL. Who will tell that story? Will it be the folks at Fox, who have stood by BB throughout? Or ESPN, where Keyshawn has defended his old friend from the beginning? Or SI, where King knifed his long time subjects in the back?

Points well taken.

The Patriots are THE story of 2007 (and probably 2008), and King now has no better access to Belichick, Pioli, Kraft or any of the players than some intern doing HS football scores for the Lowell Sun. His editors at SI must be concerned about that. He screwed himself with his histrionics and now he's trying to keep this from affecting his career. Good luck with that.

Excellent piece, it makes a good case for BB,while taking the media to task for using a double standard. I.E Where was all the of running up the score yew,and cry when Indy was doing the same thing three years ago. All though he forgot to include himself.

Ever since he was one the D+H show about a month and a half ago,where they layed into him about spygate he's changed back to the old P.King I remember.The Pats were one of his favorite teams. I could never understand what he was trying to accomplish with the "spygate" crap,or why he was doing it against a team that for the last 4-5 years he had nothing but praise for.

It's that damn media, P.K. LOL!! Hardehaha bwahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes