Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peter King Article

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by arrellbee, Aug 22, 2006.

1. arrellbee

arrellbee Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

tatepatsfan referenced this Peter King in a post about Kraft's comment on Maroney, but if you didn't click to the article, You might want to. It's just a downright great read - including not only the Maroney quote, but some neat comments on Brady and Seau and widespread comments on the NFL plus some baseball (woeful RedSox) and Americana in general. As I say, great read.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/08/20/mmqb/2.html

ps Apologies if I missed another post on this besides tatepatsfans. But if I did, it's still a great article to flag again.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Favorit quote
    "g. Tom Brady ran a vintage drive (7-7, 60 yards) to get the Pats in the end zone ... and he did it throwing to Reche Caldwell and a bunch of guys you've never heard of."

Before this year I never heard of Reche Caldwell!
  3. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +125 / 19 / -8

#18 Jersey

I really like Peter King because he knows football, is a native New Englander (and grew up a Pats/Sox fan), and usually has acute observations about everyday life too. His notes on travel and stuff are just interesting asides and he really comes across as the everyman when he writes about that kind of stuff.